How long does it take.......

We were are the Mariner on May 13th. We signed up for the C&A on the ship before we left. How long does it take to get any information on it. I have been doing some looking for another cruise and when I get to the part to put the C&A number in, I can't because I don't have one. Do I need to do something else besides the form we filled out and turned in? Thanks for any advice you can give!

Cindy

Call the C & A phone number on the RCCL website to see if they can give you your numbers. Though if this is going to be just your 2nd cruise with them it doesn't really matter that you have the actual number because it doesn't get you any discounts or perks at this point. You need to get 5 points in order to get the platinum discount.

If you choose another cruise, they can add your C & A numbers at another point. Don't put off booking because of it!:D

Just got an e-mail reply regarding my question about C & A updates.

They expect to have the new software up and running in approx 4-5 weeks.

If not, 3 weeks before you sail contact RCI Crown & Anchor, either through your TA (if you used one) or directly and they can manually override the system to get the correct data in before you sail again.

Not the best asnwer, but the most current.

Call the C & A phone number on the RCCL website to see if they can give you your numbers. Though if this is going to be just your 2nd cruise with them it doesn't really matter that you have the actual number because it doesn't get you any discounts or perks at this point. You need to get 5 points in order to get the platinum discount.

If you choose another cruise, they can add your C & A numbers at another point. Don't put off booking because of it!:D

Well, it does make a difference because they won't automatically get there C&A coupon books delivered to their cabin on the next cruise nor will they get an invitation to the repeat cruisers reception though I am sure they could still go if they know when and where it will be held.

However, they can add their C&A numbers to a reservation themselves anytime before the cruise actually occurs so I wouldn't worry about having it at the time of booking.

Well, it does make a difference because they won't automatically get there C&A coupon books delivered to their cabin on the next cruise nor will they get an invitation to the repeat cruisers reception though I am sure they could still go if they know when and where it will be held.

However, they can add their C&A numbers to a reservation themselves anytime before the cruise actually occurs so I wouldn't worry about having it at the time of booking.

It doesn't make a difference for booking purposes, that was my point. If it is not applied before the cruise then of course there would be issues, but not for booking.

I was told when I was on the ship to apply online after my cruise, that if I applied on the ship that it would probably take about 5 weeks.

I waited until I got back so I was in and had my # in less than a week and a half.

Hopefully, you will have it in about 5 weeks, it takes longer via snail mail to apply onboard the ship.

I signed up for another cruise even before I had my Crown and Anchor #, you dont need it to get another cruise, they can add your # to that cruise later, you will get credit.

I would just go to the purser's desk if you plan on cruising before the # comes. And ask for the discount book, and explain the problem. Im sure they would give it to you.

Archived