Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Mornin' all:

Where is everyone? We are finally getting rain here, lots of it, the roof's are leaking! :eek: Oh well can only put buckets under it for now...........

Took mom to daycare yesterday, she loved it. Going to get on a schedule and take her there. It is only 5 hours a day, but enough of a break for me!. She didn't want to come home, she said "I was perfectly fine where I was." When we got home she said, "I don't know why you brought me back here, I was fine at that other place." :eek:

Mornin' all:

Where is everyone? We are finally getting rain here, lots of it, the roof's are leaking! :eek: Oh well can only put buckets under it for now...........

Took mom to daycare yesterday, she loved it. Going to get on a schedule and take her there. It is only 5 hours a day, but enough of a break for me!. She didn't want to come home, she said "I was perfectly fine where I was." When we got home she said, "I don't know why you brought me back here, I was fine at that other place." :eek:

Oh! No! Buckets of rain.....I love rain but not IN my house. Sorry Nancy.

It seems the more we do for folks the less they appreciate it!!!! If Mom is responding like that......don't expect it to change.....just consider the source and remember how wonderful you are to even do anything!!!!

I'm busy with work and getting ready for my upcoming cruise. I can't wait to get on that ship with Miss Brenny. I'm going to take so many pictures of her [formal and regular] that she'll think I'm the Paparazzi!!!!! :p

They took her off life support last week and she is actually doing real good currently. On Friday she sat up in the bed and now the docs can address her secondary issues. The primary issue being the life support and had swelling of the blood upon the brain due to a broken blood vessel or something like that. The docs decided not to open her up to relieve the pressure from the swelling on the brain and it worked out for her. The secondary stuff like the broken collar bone and the superficial cuts and bruises have now been addressed. I am heading to Ohio in October to help Calvin with his wife. They are having a few benefits for the family and I am donating a few of my paintings to be sold at the local auction. I am donating the Catfish painting below and a few others.

Speaking of what a weekend, I fished the entire weekend (dang near). I actually wore out Blitz. We were fishing from the harbor barrier and there was so much going on with kids, seagulls, bratty teenagers throwing huge stones and then jumping off the pier near where we were at. After we got home today, we went to Walmart and then came home; he has been sleeping since. Below are a few pictures from last night; these do not do justice to the actual view.

300996_10150273193321022_508476021_8168721_3805879_n.jpg

317185_10150278685741022_508476021_8204755_1021602590_n.jpg

312220_10150278685166022_508476021_8204742_46479621_n.jpg

Looks like something you'd see from a cruise ship!

I hope you get lots of money for the painting of the fish.

Boy! Some people on this thread [Cindy, John & Wexy] can do the kindest and sweetest things to make you feel special!

I want to do a huge "shout-out" to Cindy who, in the midst, of all she does for her family, she took the time to remember me & "Successor!"

I love you Cindy,

Roz

Boy! Some people on this thread [Cindy, John & Wexy] can do the kindest and sweetest things to make you feel special!

I want to do a huge "shout-out" to Cindy who, in the midst, of all she does for her family, she took the time to remember me & "Successor!"

I love you Cindy,

Roz

Roz, Kind and sweet? hmmm I bet you can find many to dispute that. :D Hope you like it. Our puppy raisers made that for you and your successor dog, and they wish you the best of luck. They are wonderful people and did not hesitate when I asked them to make it for you. I WILL be expecting a pic with him wearing it. You know we love you too! :D

Cindy

Roz, Kind and sweet? hmmm I bet you can find many to dispute that. :D Hope you like it. Our puppy raisers made that for you and your successor dog, and they wish you the best of luck. They are wonderful people and did not hesitate when I asked them to make it for you. I WILL be expecting a pic with him wearing it. You know we love you too! :D

Cindy

Awwww! That makes it all the more special. Please convey my heartiest "Thank You" to these great people [who you got so lucky to have as your Puppyraisers.]

The Tuxedo collar is so, so cute. I tried it on Brenda [it looks so good on a black dog] and, I'm sure, will look just as good on a yellow one too. Thank you Cindy for thinking of me and "Successor!"

I have no idea what my dog looks like.......I'll know in 81 days [but, who's counting!] :p

Awwww! That makes it all the more special. Please convey my heartiest "Thank You" to these great people [who you got so lucky to have as your Puppyraisers.]

The Tuxedo collar is so, so cute. I tried it on Brenda [it looks so good on a black dog] and, I'm sure, will look just as good on a yellow one too. Thank you Cindy for thinking of me and "Successor!"

I have no idea what my dog looks like.......I'll know in 81 days [but, who's counting!] :p

Our puppy raisers just called to thank us for alittle gift we sent and she was asking about you. If you have any problems with the bow, she will send you a new one. She said something about it fraying.

We knew you would try it on Brenny! John and I were laughing about it. Thank you for the pics of Brenny, she reminds me so much of my Bailee, especially with the ball in her mouth. :)

I think you need to put a countdown clock on your page so we can all keep track of when you get the new boy!

[i think you need to put a countdown clock on your page so we can all keep track of when you get the new boy!

I can't believe you said this.......I've been meaning to do this for such a long time......Great minds really do think alike!

I'm going to stop what I'm being paid to do and do the countdown clock right now..........Thank you for the encouragement! ;)

Thanks, Rolls Royce Lover, and I wish you and Brenda many more happy sails!

I found out that Greece and Turkey are no problem to disembark with my lovely Tara (she's actually my little son's dog, and she is trained to help him walk, stay steady in a line, retrieve what he drops, and distract if he gets frustrated or anxious due to his neurological condition,keep him safe at street corners, etc... and she is small sized for a child. Therefore, I have a Sherpa bag that I can carry her at port calls, and then put her down when my son needs her. Hopefully she'll be kept apart from other approaching dogs or any strays if I am diligent.

Thanks for your tips, and the more we cruise, the more port officials see us, and the more cruise ship operators, too, see us, too.. so keep blazing the path for new folks with service animals, like my little boy, thanks!

Thanks, Rolls Royce Lover, and I wish you and Brenda many more happy sails!

I found out that Greece and Turkey are no problem to disembark with my lovely Tara (she's actually my little son's dog, and she is trained to help him walk, stay steady in a line, retrieve what he drops, and distract if he gets frustrated or anxious due to his neurological condition,keep him safe at street corners, etc... and she is small sized for a child. Therefore, I have a Sherpa bag that I can carry her at port calls, and then put her down when my son needs her. Hopefully she'll be kept apart from other approaching dogs or any strays if I am diligent.

Thanks for your tips, and the more we cruise, the more port officials see us, and the more cruise ship operators, too, see us, too.. so keep blazing the path for new folks with service animals, like my little boy, thanks!

It's "Rolls Royce Lover".......that's my DH's avatar that I use on the weekends and off days. This is the one I most use.

I am absolutely thrilled that you are going into Greece and Turkey with "Tara." And, it seems you're well prepared.

Now, when I go into most airports and cruise terminals they are so familiar with me and Brenda that it's so much easier than it was in 2002 [when we first started!] Every once in a while I run into a "newbie", over zealous officer who wants to be aggressive and I remind him of the laws that protect me and my Service Dog - I speak in a calm way. That's really the best way to deal with Immigration/Port Authorities, etc.

Stay calm/assertive and ask your dog to do something and watch how amazed they'll be at how courteous and respectful your dog is. Your dogs quick response to you is ALWAYS the best advertisement for Service Dogs who will come after you.

Have a wonderful, safe trip. And, stay vigilant in looking for strays.

Edited by wizard-of-roz

So, Cindy, do you like my new countdown?.......It's me sitting on the couch and "Successor" is keeping me company - [i have a feeling "Successor" will be a Yellow Lab.]

I went to work today without Brenny.......Uh! Oh! I'm tearing-up! I put her vest and a pretty flowered collar on and went to get my purse. I opened the front door and she just stayed on the floor and kept looking over her shoulder at me. Those beautiful, big brown eyes just staring at me. I said, "Brenda, let's go" and, she just kept looking at me, not getting up. Morey sat staring at the ceiling [he didn't want to be an influence on her] but, I could tell.......she didn't have the heart to go with me. Not today! It's very, very sad.

I walked over to her and took off her flower collar and told her I loved her and that it was okay to stay home today. I said, "maybe you'll want to go tomorrow!" I left. The walk to my car, without her, actually hurts. Now, I'm full-on crying........sorry!!!!! I need to stop! :(

So, Cindy, do you like my new countdown?.......It's me sitting on the couch and "Successor" is keeping me company - [i have a feeling "Successor" will be a Yellow Lab.]

I went to work today without Brenny.......Uh! Oh! I'm tearing-up! I put her vest and a pretty flowered collar on and went to get my purse. I opened the front door and she just stayed on the floor and kept looking over her shoulder at me. Those beautiful, big brown eyes just staring at me. I said, "Brenda, let's go" and, she just kept looking at me, not getting up. Morey sat staring at the ceiling [he didn't want to be an influence on her] but, I could tell.......she didn't have the heart to go with me. Not today! It's very, very sad.

I walked over to her and took off her flower collar and told her I loved her and that it was okay to stay home today. I said, "maybe you'll want to go tomorrow!" I left. The walk to my car, without her, actually hurts. Now, I'm full-on crying........sorry!!!!! I need to stop! :(

I love the clock Roz!!! I wasn't surprised it was a yellow lab. It's so cute.

Don't feel bad about Brenny, I'm sure she loves her time with Morey. She's been working hard for many years and now is her time to just enjoy life. I know it's hard, it will be easier when you get the newbie. John used to leave Rangeley with me on fridays and he got used to it. If it was up to Wexler, he would be home lounging everyday. John has to make him get up to go to work some mornings, and he's only 4! :eek: Boy the people at work must be saying, "Oh look Roz is blubbering again" :D Now this is Brennys last cruise, so don't make her work to much. She needs to lounge and from the pic you sent, she is good at doing that.

Cindy

Well its been a week and the Sea Robin eats from my hand but easily scares so here is a video of Flipper the Spade fish.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEv8vfP5eyw

Here is the Sea Robin a week after he entered the tank, out of all my babies he is the most special because of how long it took to acquire him and the special things and features he has...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBXIbYsHFBY

I love the clock Roz!!! I wasn't surprised it was a yellow lab. It's so cute.

Don't feel bad about Brenny, I'm sure she loves her time with Morey. She's been working hard for many years and now is her time to just enjoy life. I know it's hard, it will be easier when you get the newbie. John used to leave Rangeley with me on fridays and he got used to it. If it was up to Wexler, he would be home lounging everyday. John has to make him get up to go to work some mornings, and he's only 4! :eek: Boy the people at work must be saying, "Oh look Roz is blubbering again" :D Now this is Brennys last cruise, so don't make her work to much. She needs to lounge and from the pic you sent, she is good at doing that.

Cindy

Thanks for shairng Rangeley with us and helping me through this......Wexy is so funny......And, you're right about my colleagues.....when they see me tearing-up about Brenny, then they start. I swear they love her as much as I do!

She walks so much slower now and I tend to walk so fast.....I need to pay attention to my stride so I don't frustrate the heck out of her!!!!! There's so much walking onboard a ship.....She'll be so glad when I stop pestering her to go everywhere with me!!!!!! Poor girl!!!!

I can't wait and don't see how you can, its only 81 days but its like a kid waiting for Christmas for sure.

It's a very difficult time for sure. I'm not so good at waiting but Brenda's teaching me how to take it slower. Then, when "Successor" comes along I can pick-up the pace again.

ROZ!!! You are not going to believe this........ Brenny and Wexlers father are brother and sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've got goosebumps. :eek: His father was Baumann, one of CCIs most successful breeders who just reitred a year or two ago. Our pupy raisers can access some database and find all this stuff out. She had asked what Brennys name was, I guess it was so they could look her up. WOW thats so cool!! That means Brenny is Wexlers aunt. Ok too wierd.

Edited by rangeley

ROZ!!! You are not going to believe this........ Brenny and Wexlers father are brother and sister!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've got goosebumps. :eek: His father was Baumann, one of CCIs most successful breeders who just reitred a year or two ago. Our pupy raisers can access some database and find all this stuff out. She had asked what Brennys name was, I guess it was so they could look her up. WOW thats so cool!! That means Brenny is Wexlers aunt. Ok too wierd.

I knew it.......we're related......I knew it! Now you tell Wexy that Aunt Brenda expects him to behave!

I just love it when stuff like this is researched.

We can still be friends even if we're relatives you know!!!!! :p

This is so fun! I guess we never really know what life is going to bring us. We met for a reason and now we know what it was. :D Wexler sends Aunt Brenny a big kiss!!

Pretty interesting......That big, handsome boy of yours is related to my beautiful girl......I'm still smiling about it. So neat!

OMG, you guys are killing me! My Renie was a big ole yellow boy, but these Black guys are gorgeous! That is so wonderful that Ms. Brenny and Mr. Sexy Wexy are related! Such a small world we live in! Bless our 4 legged friends for everything, big and small they do for us..........:D And thank you our two legged beings for sharing with us! :D

OMG, you guys are killing me! My Renie was a big ole yellow boy, but these Black guys are gorgeous! That is so wonderful that Ms. Brenny and Mr. Sexy Wexy are related! Such a small world we live in! Bless our 4 legged friends for everything, big and small they do for us..........:D And thank you our two legged beings for sharing with us! :D

Isn't it unbelievable??? We are thrilled and honored to be related to "The Ms. Brenda".

Pretty interesting......That big, handsome boy of yours is related to my beautiful girl......I'm still smiling about it. So neat!

We are still smiling too! I know Baumann has hundreds of babies out there, but what are the chances that 2 women who have never met eachother and have gone through so much together would find out their service dogs also have a connection. Blows my mind!