Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

I'm worrying about Cindy, John and Wexler getting off their ship (today, right?) and having to fly back to Boston. Wonder if the airport is open after the latest blizzard.

They're probably hoping to get stuck in the warm weather instead of the feet of snow and sub-zero temperatures! :p

Ah yes Quam - thanks for clarifying the US time zones! It wouldn't do to get Aunty Roz all confussed now would it! LOL! ;)

And I'm glad your new girl is a cuddler .... :D

Just watched the news and they're saying Boston having snowiest month in the city's history! Yikes! Over 2000 flights cancelled ...they'd better stay in sunny Florida! :D

We are sitting at our muster station waiting for the drill to start. Took a while for the staff to find the person in charge of the potty box. But it's in an ok location. They left a dog life jacket on the bed but it was way too big. We brought our own anyway. The crew is in love with Pedro so far. He is being an angel. The ship had a minor noro break out at the end of the last cruise, so we had a delayed embarkation. In about 30 minutes, we will waive to you from the center bar on the top deck. BTW, only the X-ray security guards asked to see Pedro's documents. So far, so good.

Cindra

Hey Everyone - I found this very funny and informative video on YouTube I thought you might enjoy. The young lady in the video has a Service Dog named Brandi and she posted a sarcastic video on Registering Your Service Dog (Not):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Thzlipm5hs

And to think that some people see nothing wrong with this!!! :rolleyes:

Cindra - on the port everglades website they show you where their webcam is - it's on what looks like an apartment building and they've circled it to indicate to you when you should wave, but this is for people ordering a special webcam shot like Wexler & Co did, so they make sure they get you in the shot.

But if you're at the back of the ship make sure you are on the port side so we can see you! Wave something like a scarf up high and we will watch and try and spot you! ;):D. Don't wave Pedro of course! LOL!!!

I can't tell you how exciting it is watching these ships leave when we are sat here on a cold brrrrrr evening thousands of miles away! What would my grandfather have made of this ..... When my grandfather's sister, my great Aunt emigrated to Canada (I never met her but did meet her daughter, my mum's cousin), she used to write to him about Canada and the "wee stick hoosies" the Canadians lived in. Coming from here, our houses are all granite or brick and to her living in a "stick hoosie" was such an adventure! (Hoosie = house) can you imagine her excitement if she had seen anything on a webcam as it happens !! Any communication in those days was by letter, and sent by sea at that! But the excitement was still the same "a letter from Canada, a letter from Canada" and a fight over who was going to get the stamps! LOL!

So we will be watching! LOL!

Cute story. Yes, I think about it all the time. If my father, who passed away in 1976 were to come back, he'd be in shock as to what we can do now with computers, phones, cars with all kinds of devices in them. Unreal!

Interesting! My vet still fills it out by hand with a pen, so I didn't know about the computer version. I bet those who have to read them prefer that over vet (doctor) handwriting! I will be going to a different vet place when my puppy comes home to me, so it will be interesting to see how they do it. (I haven't found the new vet yet, as I might be living in a different area of the state soon.)

Thanks for the info.!

So does mine!

Here's a pic of the curly head hair (topknot)! She got a haircut later that week. She is playing with her Pluto toy in this pic.

Adorable. My next Service Dog will definitely be some type of allergy resistant dog. I'll be too old to put up with all the suffering that my allergies cause from my amazingly, wonderful Lab.

But, I can NEVER see my life without a Service Dog in it.

Just booked the Norwegian Pearl for a 10 day Carribean cruise leaving April 6 from Miami - Yay!

combination Valentines Day gift for my wife and BD gift for me!

Happy Belated Valentines Day to everyone on this wonderful thread.

Sounds wonderful.....I'll be on my 10 day beginning April 6th too!

Checking in from the road... We just passed Jacksonville and have about five or so hours more to drive before we get to my parent's place. Pedro has been an angel, so far, but he hasn't been eating much. I guess it must be the traveling. It's 61 degrees right now and I'm loving the warmth. The sun is brightly shining and Pedro has discovered how much he likes laying in it. My jacket is still on, but not for long.

Tomorrow is the big day. I will try to remember to bring my scarf up on deck to waive to you all. I will look for the camera and stay closer to the port side. I think we are planning to spend sail away at the bar on the top deck, center of the ship.

Minor panic last night, as the pack of wet naps leaked in my tote. Some things got soaked and had to be tossed or dried out. Luckily, all of our boarding passes and Pedro's paperwork were in a plastic folder.

Cindra

I'm glad all the important stuff wasn't ruined!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Hey gang, As you probably figured out we are still in Florida. Our flight was cancelled on Thursday so when we got to Key West we had Johns sister work on a place for us to stay. By the time we got to Ft Lauderdale we were all set. Our flights were changed to Tues, with a stop in DC. And poor Steph was put on a different flight than the rest of us. After an hour on the phone John managed to get us on a direct fllight all together. It leaves Tues at 240 but now more snow coming. Ughhhhhhhh. Its just unbelievable. Hopefully we will make it back.

Cindy

Cindy, besides your home being buried in snow.......How was your cruise? Thinking about moving to the Caribbean?

Ah yes Quam - thanks for clarifying the US time zones! It wouldn't do to get Aunty Roz all confussed now would it! LOL! ;)

And I'm glad your new girl is a cuddler .... :D

Just watched the news and they're saying Boston having snowiest month in the city's history! Yikes! Over 2000 flights cancelled ...they'd better stay in sunny Florida! :D

I bet Cindy and family are wishing they lived anywhere but Boston, right about now!

We are sitting at our muster station waiting for the drill to start. Took a while for the staff to find the person in charge of the potty box. But it's in an ok location. They left a dog life jacket on the bed but it was way too big. We brought our own anyway. The crew is in love with Pedro so far. He is being an angel. The ship had a minor noro break out at the end of the last cruise, so we had a delayed embarkation. In about 30 minutes, we will waive to you from the center bar on the top deck. BTW, only the X-ray security guards asked to see Pedro's documents. So far, so good.

Cindra

Cindra, sounds like you're going to have a wonderful cruise. You're starting off perfect!!!!

Fairbourne, thank you for those fabulous pictures.

When I leave on my cruise, April 6th, I'll make sure that Horton waves to everyone!

Unfortunately, I don't think San Pedro has a webcam. You'll have to give us a play-by-play here on CC so we can imagine it! ;):D