Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

Okay, for those of you who are following the cruising saga of Sunshine, Roz and Brenny........here's an update.

Princess welcomed the change with grace. Sunshine has her Boarding Pass, her Luggage Tags and airline tickets.

She then calls me at my office. I answer the phone, as usual, and on the other end is the sweetest, southern accent I've heard in a very long time. She introduces herself and I liked her immediately. Come on who is not taken in by that sweet/southern charm?

Of course, we all know, she was doing an interview of me at the same time.......just making sure that I wasn't the "hillside stranglers" sister [you'd have to be a local to know who that was!]

Well, we both started talking, with her dog barking in the background, all at the same time. It was so funny.

She's adorable, funny, charming and so upbeat. We're going to have such a fun week. I don't know who's going to wear who out first. I know one thing, we're both going to wear-out poor Miss Brenny.

Sunshine is so excited, with all that's been going on in her house, she's ready for some true "down-time!" I promise to let her catch-up on rest and relaxation along the way.

Can our canine family guess our excitement! Never mind that we have never met (until today via phone). Never mind that for that past few years we have made great friends on this thread and explored our common interest, and never mind the suspicious nature of the men who love us. Morey...I don't know, this sounds kind of unusual, Rich...I don't know honey, are you sure this is not some predator who wants to sell you overse...as....(as if)...and you are\our best buds who are saying of course, go for it....I'll wait for Roz to post what her TA had to say about the whole thing.!!!! (as a hint...he wanted to know if I liked dogs.)

Can our canine family guess our excitement! Never mind that we have never met (until today via phone). Never mind that for that past few years we have made great friends on this thread and explored our common interest, and never mind the suspicious nature of the men who love us. Morey...I don't know, this sounds kind of unusual, Rich...I don't know honey, are you sure this is not some predator who wants to sell you overse...as....(as if)...and you are\our best buds who are saying of course, go for it....I'll wait for Roz to post what her TA had to say about the whole thing.!!!! (as a hint...he wanted to know if I liked dogs.)

I think I mentioned in a previous post what my TA said......First, "how well do you know her?" Second, "I sure hope she likes dogs!"

The cabin's pretty darn roomy.......Anybody else???????

So excited I can't stand myself. Off for a mani=pedi on Wednesday and Thursday and outing with Mackey and Cooler...printing tons of pictures of pictures of Crackers, Cooler and Mackey for Roz to share with Morey.... Tomorow I start pulling my clothes together....I have never planned a cruise in four days....

Amazing how things work out. Have been in contact with my "other daughter". My youngest daughter's best friend...and she has been a regular guest in my home since she was in 2nd grade...Lives in LA. Looks like she is going to pick me up at the airport, keep me entertained and let me sleep on her sofa. She might be pouring me into a cab in the morning, or we might spend the whole night catching up. I love this girl and am so excited to see her. This trip get's better by the minute...

Amazing how things work out. Have been in contact with my "other daughter". My youngest daughter's best friend...and she has been a regular guest in my home since she was in 2nd grade...Lives in LA. Looks like she is going to pick me up at the airport, keep me entertained and let me sleep on her sofa. She might be pouring me into a cab in the morning, or we might spend the whole night catching up. I love this girl and am so excited to see her. This trip get's better by the minute...

I'm so glad that's worked out. Wow! You're going to win some kind of prize for "how to pull a cruise together in under a week!"

I can't stand it! I feel so left out! You ladies are going to have an amazing time. All 3 of you. That is all the better Karen gets to see and stay with a old "Daughter!"

Roz: I am sure Karen will not MISS you and Ms. Brenny at the port. Tall Blonde with black lab, go figure! I still remember your description and then when I saw you on facebook, I knew I would have been able to pick you out!

I can't wait for you to get back and fill us in. BIG :D

Mornin' all:

:p Just thought I would throw that out! Where has Jocko been? He hasn't posted for awhile. Come out, come out wherever you are!

I'm being silly, sitting here waiting for a fax to go thru. I

really don't like fax machines, I have never been around one that works awesome...........

Edited by S.S. Cruisers
Delete text

Packing beguins...marathon of errands...I'm not complaining. And since Roz and I are using this instead of "texting"... wondering if Lax is on your way to the ship if I decide to stay at a hotel by the airport????

Sunshine, if you decide to stay at an airport hotel just let me know which one and I'll come and get you on the way. Or, if you decide to stay at your friends and want me to get you there, that's fine too........Just let me know by Thursday. I drive a huge Expedition so there's lots of room for all of us and our "stuff!" You can call me at work or email me.

Friday, I'll be in, "what did you say, I can't focus mode!!!!!" I'll be in the packing, packing, loading and more loading frame of mind. Morey's hips, knees and feet are really bothering him so I don't want to bug him too much with the paraphenalia......I'll just take a few trips to the car and, of course, Brenda will help!!!! :confused: :rolleyes:

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Sunshine, if you decide to stay at an airport hotel just let me know which one and I'll come and get you on the way. Or, if you decide to stay at your friends and want me to get you there, that's fine too........Just let me know by Thursday. I drive a huge Expedition so there's lots of room for all of us and our "stuff!" You can call me at work or email me.

Friday, I'll be in, "what did you say, I can't focus mode!!!!!" I'll be in the packing, packing, loading and more loading frame of mind. Morey's hips, knees and feet are really bothering him so I don't want to bug him too much with the paraphenalia......I'll just take a few trips to the car and, of course, Brenda will help!!!! :confused: :rolleyes:

You are the best. We are going to have so much fun. I'm going to have some fun with Cooler and Mackey on Thursday, get my nails done and try to chill. Hope to have all my packing done by wednesday.

Just spent 30 minutes on the phone catching up with Erin (my daughter from another mother). I love this girl and I am so excited to spend some time with her. She says she'll plan something that involves walking and seeing some beautiful vistas...

And then if Roz can pick me up at her apartment..how much fun.

You are the best. We are going to have so much fun. I'm going to have some fun with Cooler and Mackey on Thursday, get my nails done and try to chill. Hope to have all my packing done by wednesday.

Good girl! Friday I'll be home with my cell phone on and I'll be checking emails so if you have a sudden change of anything just let me know. Nothing is written in stone.....except for getting to the ship before it leaves.

You and I can change anything, any way we want to!

Again, my plan is to leave the house on Saturday morning at 10:00am.....head for San Pedro [or you] and get to the ship between 10:45 - 11:00. If I need to change this, I can leave earlier.

I always stop across the street from the pier and let Brenda take a potty break before entering the terminal area. This way I don't have to rush to her pottybox onboard.

Deep breathing, wouldn't hurt right about now!!!!!!

Mornin' all:

:p Just thought I would throw that out! Where has Jocko been? He hasn't posted for awhile. Come out, come out wherever you are!

I'm being silly, sitting here waiting for a fax to go thru. I

really don't like fax machines, I have never been around one that works awesome...........

They're probably mad at me because I didn't get a block of rooms, onboard the Sapphire, for everybody!!!!!

Our Fax machine is pretty good. Took me a while to get to know the in's and out's but once I did, I love it!!!!

Just spent 30 minutes on the phone catching up with Erin (my daughter from another mother). I love this girl and I am so excited to spend some time with her. She says she'll plan something that involves walking and seeing some beautiful vistas...

And then if Roz can pick me up at her apartment..how much fun.

Sunshine, that sounds great. Give me her address [call or email my work directly] and I'll mapquest it. I'll pick you up at her place at 10:30 and then we'll hit the pier.

Roz, you've got mail.

Got it!!!!! Hey, to all you guys who are lurking and watching this scenerio come down........all I can say is.....Put two very determined women together and this is what you get!

A Cruise for Two ~ Brought to You

Compliments of

Two Traveling Gals

and

Cruise Critic

Thank You!!!!!!

Got it!!!!! Hey, to all you guys who are lurking and watching this scenerio come down........all I can say is.....Put two very determined women together and this is what you get!

A Cruise for Two ~ Brought to You

Compliments of

Two Traveling Gals

and

Cruise Critic

Thank You!!!!!!

Love it but I have to find a rhyme that includes Miss Brenda...

Can you imagine the review I am already writing in my head....

Love it but I have to find a rhyme that includes Miss Brenda...

Can you imagine the review I am already writing in my head....

Oh! My Gosh! What a moron I am.......of course we have to include Brenny. She's our leader!!!!!!

A Cruise for Three ~ Sunshine, Roz & Brenny

Compliments of

Two Traveling Gals & a Dog

&

Cruise Critic

Thank You!!!!!!

Edited by wizard-of-roz

Ok, stand back, I am stepping up to the Pier!

A cruise for 3, including Ms. Bre,

If you aren't on board,

Step aside, you will be floored!

Time to reflect, time to assume,

Move over the 3 are a herd!

Two Blondes and a Black Lab,

Where is our Cab?

We need to be on that ship,

For destinations that are hip!

The company will be the most

What can I say about the host?

Fun will be had,

times will not be bad.

Wait for the stories at hand!

Ok, stand back, I am stepping up to the Pier!

A cruise for 3, including Ms. Bre,

If you aren't on board,

Step aside, you will be floored!

Time to reflect, time to assume,

Move over the 3 are a herd!

Two Blondes and a Black Lab,

Where is our Cab?

We need to be on that ship,

For destinations that are hip!

The company will be the most

What can I say about the host?

Fun will be had,

times will not be bad.

Wait for the stories at hand!

The contest is ON!!!!! You and Dobiemom are neck & neck......this was very cute....Nancy, you're so creative!!!!

I went to work today without Brenny.......Uh! Oh! I'm tearing-up! I put her vest and a pretty flowered collar on and went to get my purse. I opened the front door and she just stayed on the floor and kept looking over her shoulder at me. Those beautiful, big brown eyes just staring at me. I said, "Brenda, let's go" and, she just kept looking at me, not getting up. Morey sat staring at the ceiling [he didn't want to be an influence on her] but, I could tell.......she didn't have the heart to go with me. Not today! It's very, very sad.

I walked over to her and took off her flower collar and told her I loved her and that it was okay to stay home today. I said, "maybe you'll want to go tomorrow!" I left. The walk to my car, without her, actually hurts. Now, I'm full-on crying........sorry!!!!! I need to stop! :(

:(:(:(:(:( Okay, that made me sad, too!!

Thank goodness you will be getting your next dog soon! Sounds like she will be glad to let the new pup take over her duties outside of the house.

I would take her to the vet for a full check-up just to make sure everything is okay, though. It is good for older dogs to do check-ups every six months instead of once a year.