Cruising With A Service Dog....everything You Ever Wanted To Know!

I love the pictures, Blitz and I are going to wait outside for the children. I wonder how many are going to by pass the house just because of Blitz being 86lbs. Well today is the end of the month; not only do I need to get comfortus and heartguard for all three pups; the vet just told me Blitz is due on his shots again. Dang that was a fast year.....

What is comfortus?

Well we have a friend starting CCI team training on Long Island, NY today. One of the pups in the class was raised by another friend of ours. We know our friend will graduate, so we have our fingers crossed for the pup. Either way we will be at the graduation.

Cool!! We will keep our fingers and paws crossed!

What is comfortus?

Its a oral anti flea pill; I refuse to use the dots on the shoulders on my pets. The oral pills allow for a few extra days before actually needing to renew since its in the body. The only drawback is with pregnant females cant use this form of anti flea medicine. I had serious flea issues right after Katrina and nothing even a dip would take care of the fleas. They always came back and got into the new place since our place was destroyed. We faught back with Program and Comfortis and its been since Katrina and my babies have been flea free.

Well my Simmy(as I called him) is gone and I'm very sad. It's amazing how attached I had gotten to him in just a few days. Him and Wex had a ball together and it was nice to have my own dog again. He settled right in after a day or two, but glad we had the kennel cuz we had to put him in it a few times. I will get to see him this weekend at our puppy class. I am attaching some pics of our Halloween party we had in the building we live.

On a crappy note, we got snow!!!! UGHHHHH!!!! Luckily we only got a few inches here but my mom got 13" and has no power. She is at a neighbors that has a wood stove so she can keep warm. At 86 I'm glad there is somewhere for her to go. They figure days to a week before they get power back. There are power lines all ove the street where she lives. I guess alot of cooking on peoples gas grills will happen this week. It's way to early for this kind of weather. I guess I won't be going home this week.

Oh! No! A bee and a pumpkin, how cute are they. They look so comfortable with each other.......So adorable! You're right Simmy is very handsome! I'm sure you got attached [knowing you!]

Good mornin'

Cindy: How ADORABLE! I love the one of the two of them. Such good pups. I just couldn't spend the money on a costume for Jezzy. Lord knows I wanted to.

I guess we don't get trick or treater door to door here. Main street downtown closes and all the business' hand out candy. I am taking Trav there. As a matter of fact, they had activities all weekend. The shopping mall did the same thing on Friday night. I am glad they make it safe for the kids. I did get a big bag of candy, just in case we have some come by here.

Quick take it to Trav's school......you keep that bag around and it'll be gone!

I love the pictures, Blitz and I are going to wait outside for the children. I wonder how many are going to by pass the house just because of Blitz being 86lbs. Well today is the end of the month; not only do I need to get comfortus and heartguard for all three pups; the vet just told me Blitz is due on his shots again. Dang that was a fast year.....

I feel your pain......I can't wait until it's two dogs I'm giving Heartguard and Advantix to. :rolleyes:

Well we have a friend starting CCI team training on Long Island, NY today. One of the pups in the class was raised by another friend of ours. We know our friend will graduate, so we have our fingers crossed for the pup. Either way we will be at the graduation.

How exciting for your friend. It's such a wonderful feeling when you work so hard towards that graduation. Pure joy!!!!!

Well my Simmy(as I called him) is gone and I'm very sad. It's amazing how attached I had gotten to him in just a few days. Him and Wex had a ball together and it was nice to have my own dog again. He settled right in after a day or two, but glad we had the kennel cuz we had to put him in it a few times. I will get to see him this weekend at our puppy class. I am attaching some pics of our Halloween party we had in the building we live.

On a crappy note, we got snow!!!! UGHHHHH!!!! Luckily we only got a few inches here but my mom got 13" and has no power. She is at a neighbors that has a wood stove so she can keep warm. At 86 I'm glad there is somewhere for her to go. They figure days to a week before they get power back. There are power lines all ove the street where she lives. I guess alot of cooking on peoples gas grills will happen this week. It's way to early for this kind of weather. I guess I won't be going home this week.

Cindy, we're watching the news and seeing the horrible weather that's coming through the East. It's way too early for this kind of snow. I hope your Mom does okay through it.

Cindy, we're watching the news and seeing the horrible weather that's coming through the East. It's way too early for this kind of snow. I hope your Mom does okay through it.

I agree,I thought about wearing a flannel shirt today while going to the VA for my monthly doctor appointments. Its a good thing I did; it was like 70 degrees today outside and it must have been 60 degrees in the hospital. They will not turn the heat on in the hospital until spring..... lol

We are thinking of bringing my mom up here with us. She insisted on going home and sleeping in her own bed in the freezing cold last night. If no power is in sight, we want her to come here.

I agree,I thought about wearing a flannel shirt today while going to the VA for my monthly doctor appointments. Its a good thing I did; it was like 70 degrees today outside and it must have been 60 degrees in the hospital. They will not turn the heat on in the hospital until spring..... lol

To a lot of folks in the east 60 degrees sounds so good!!!!! We had 88 degrees here yesterday and they say it's going to drop and then go back up, then rain and then....who know's.......I swear we're getting more like Texas everday. The changes are daily!!! :( So bizarre!!!!!!!

How does it work? Do you have to fill-out a form showing you're a member of IAADP at the Vet's office and then he gets reimbursed for the price of the Advantix and Cosequin from them?

I think the vet fills out a form and sends it in. I know the Cosequin gets shipped directly to us. My wife usually handles this.

How does it work? Do you have to fill-out a form showing you're a member of IAADP at the Vet's office and then he gets reimbursed for the price of the Advantix and Cosequin from them?

I forgot about the Cosequin. Your vet takes care of it. All you have to do is have your vet make a copy of your membership card and call 800-925-5187. They will send a 6 month supply to your house. When you run out, call the vet and do it again. Wex has been on it since we got him home. CCI and our vet really recommend it. Of course you will only get enough for one dog. But between the advantix and cosequin, it saves alot of money especially if you have 2 dogs.

Edited by rangeley

Hopefully some day I will have an uneventful life, but not this week! I went to CT to pick up my mom yesterday. The devastation down there was shocking, trees, powerlines, it's a mess!!! Poor mom was wearing like 4 layers of cold and she said she slept with gloves on. The house was like ice and her hands were frozen. On the way up here she started shedding clothes as she warmed up. We did some errands and got into the apartment, and she passes out. I call 911 and they come take her to the hospital. They kept her over night for observation and said she is dehydrated (shes also exhausted from not sleeping for 2 days.) But since she had a triple bypass a few years ago they wanted to make sure it wasn't any kind of heart thing. We are pretty sure she will be coming home today. Is this unbelievable? You can't make this stuff up. I think I should write a book. Is it cruise time yet?? :eek:

Mornin' all:

Cindy:OMG, thank goodness you went and got her! I know you said she was resisting coming to stay with you. What an experience you are having. This is when I don't like my whiny self about taking care of mom. I think I have it bad, then poor Cindy comes along and has it worse than I do. Head up sweet Lady, things have to go up? :o I always ask, "What did I do to deserve this?"

Hope everyone is doing good. We have a cold front coming in with the nasty wind. Have I told you guys I don't like the wind? Well, I don't! :mad:

Hopefully some day I will have an uneventful life, but not this week! I went to CT to pick up my mom yesterday. The devastation down there was shocking, trees, powerlines, it's a mess!!! Poor mom was wearing like 4 layers of cold and she said she slept with gloves on. The house was like ice and her hands were frozen. On the way up here she started shedding clothes as she warmed up. We did some errands and got into the apartment, and she passes out. I call 911 and they come take her to the hospital. They kept her over night for observation and said she is dehydrated (shes also exhausted from not sleeping for 2 days.) But since she had a triple bypass a few years ago they wanted to make sure it wasn't any kind of heart thing. We are pretty sure she will be coming home today. Is this unbelievable? You can't make this stuff up. I think I should write a book. Is it cruise time yet?? :eek:

GEEEZZZ!!!! ENOUGH already!!!!! I'm so sorry about your mom, you must have been scared out of your wits. Cindy, if you hadn't gotten her, I hate to think what would have happened. OMG!!!! Hopefully, she'll be okay! I'm so sorry!

On another note.....Brenda's been on Glucosamine & Chondroitin for years as well as Salmon Oil. Of course, I've been paying out of pocket for all of it. I must ask the Vet about just using the Cosequin and going through IAADP. I bet my pocketbook will like it better!!!

Take care, Cindy, I hope all is well for you and your family.

Mornin' all:

Cindy:OMG, thank goodness you went and got her! I know you said she was resisting coming to stay with you. What an experience you are having. This is when I don't like my whiny self about taking care of mom. I think I have it bad, then poor Cindy comes along and has it worse than I do. Head up sweet Lady, things have to go up? :o I always ask, "What did I do to deserve this?"

Hope everyone is doing good. We have a cold front coming in with the nasty wind. Have I told you guys I don't like the wind? Well, I don't! :mad:

I can handle most weather conditions without freaking......but, the winds are crazy making.......where I live we get those darn Santa Ana's and along with them all the fire danger!!!! Not to speak of what they do to my hair....my eyes and sinuses go nuts! :eek:

What is IAADP? I wonder if we would qualify.

I hope to upload a photo of Ollie in his Halloween costume soon. It was another good one this year.

International Association of Assistance Dog Partners - 1-888-544-2237.

Call and see if Ollie and you are qualified to receive their discounts and Newsletter. There is a membership fee and you will receive a card.

I'm a member but have not truly taken advantage of all they offer. Except I do like reading their newletter and have even won money after entering a story about Brenda and me.

I can't wait to see those pictures of Ollie. ;)