Solo upgrades

ancldaca

I'm leaving Sunday on the Adventure of the Seas. My TA called this morning and informed me that I had been upgraded from Cat H oceanview to D2 balcony. This was a regular booking not a GTD cabin category one.

I had read somewhere here in the solo threads that upgrades sometimes happen to solos but not too often and less so to balcony.

Have faith fellow solos! It can happen!!!!!!

I'm leaving Sunday on the Adventure of the Seas. My TA called this morning and informed me that I had been upgraded from Cat H oceanview to D2 balcony. This was a regular booking not a GTD cabin category one.

I had read somewhere here in the solo threads that upgrades sometimes happen to solos but not too often and less so to balcony.

Have faith fellow solos! It can happen!!!!!!

Congratulations on your good fortune. Most likely the cruise line received a last minute booking for space similar to what you had originally booked and rather than upgrade the new comer, they sold them your old room and gave you a vacant better accomodation.

Have a wonderful solo cruise. Solos rule!

Congrats, that is really unusual for RCCL. I wish the upgrade fairy would get me for my upcoming Mariner cruise but chances are slim to none. Honestly I think being on the Adventure on the Southern Carib helped you out. I have noticed they must be having trouble filling that ship because there have been 150% single supp's on it and some pretty good deals as well.

Indeed.

I had planned to cruise over 7/4 but the prices were completed unjustifiable in my opinion. I am lucky enough to have the means, but I didn't see value in booking at those rates.

I booked over Memorial Weekend as a "last minute" thing when I saw the 7/8 sailing at about half the 7/1 sailing. It only cost me 1 extra vacation day (I am fortunate since I get 20 a year but am extremely limited to when I can take them) but at roughly 1100 for a single OV, I could justify the expense.

Hubby and I went on the southern (aruba) on AOS end of April. We loved it! We were in a D2 and loved the balcony. It was absolutely refreshing to go out there and sit in our robes drinking coffee and just relaxing. Have a wonderful time. Rent a Jeep in Aruba. What a blast! Absolutely beautiful! If I could do it again, I would definitely not be against going solo.

I went on my first cruise last year. Was upgraded from an inside to an obstructed view. The check in lady was surprised and told me "this never happens".

My second cruise is july 20.....upgraded again! still an inside but on a higher deck.

I know my luck will end and I greatly appreciate being upgraded not once but twice in as many cruises.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been on ten cruises solo (on four different lines) and have had real upgrades three times and minor upgrades twice. The biggest was on Celebrity where I was upgraded from the least expensive balcony category to a Sky Suite with a Butler! It does happen, especially if you are a repeat cuiser on the line.

Julia

I've been on ten cruises solo (on four different lines) and have had real upgrades three times and minor upgrades twice. The biggest was on Celebrity where I was upgraded from the least expensive balcony category to a Sky Suite with a Butler! It does happen, especially if you are a repeat cuiser on the line.

Julia

Julia, I have sailed Celebrity 11 times over the last 4 years and have

5 more booked. Never once have I been upgraded.:eek:

Guess being a return customer doesn't always help.

Julia, I have sailed Celebrity 11 times over the last 4 years and have

5 more booked. Never once have I been upgraded.:eek:

Guess being a return customer doesn't always help.

Lois, I have never been upgraded as a single on RCCL or Princess either but I have on Carnival. It sure would be nice to get an upgrade on my TA in the spring but the sailing is basically sold out so the chances are not good although there will be cancellations by the time final payment is due an people find out how much airfare cost.

BTW, back to Tampa next Wednesday after a weekend trip to VA.

Archived