Local Stores/West Hollywood

Keith1010

My wife and I will be staying on Wilshire Blvd. in West Hollywood and will need to get over to a store that sells a wide variety of cosmetics. Are there any of these stores close by? I am talking about a Target, or Walgreens, or a CVS or something of that nature?

Thanks,

Keith

Sure, let me provide additional details. We will be staying at the Hilton in Beverly Hills. I hope this helps.

Keith

Keith,

If you're staying at the Beverly Hilton located at the intersection of Wilshire and Santa Monica Blvd., you'll be 3 blocks from Rodeo Drive which, of course, is laden with all the well-known designer shops, boutiques and a Saks Fifth Avenue. Your wife will not have any problem finding cosmetics anywhere in Beverly Hills. I don't believe, however, there are any large "Mart" type stores in the vicinity. Enjoy Beverly Hills!

My wife and I will be staying on Wilshire Blvd. in West Hollywood and will need to get over to a store that sells a wide variety of cosmetics. Are there any of these stores close by? I am talking about a Target, or Walgreens, or a CVS or something of that nature?

Thanks,

Keith

Keith1010!

Here is my two cents as an expert in the area...

So from your original post, I think that you just need access to a "wide variety of cosmetics", and not necessarily "Target, Walgreens, or CVS" as stores specifically...

(If you need those specifially, then hit me back on the boards here, and I'll help you out with the easiest access to those)...

In the meantime, if you have a rental car, then this is two minutes, easy peasy with free underground parking - for at least two hours, and then more if you buy something...

If you are walking...

Go out the south end of your hotel, and walk a few blocks west on "Little" Santa Monica Blvd. - your hotel can tell you this easily, or they might even have a shuttle service or something - as this is as close and better for your needs than Beverly Hills.

Century City - which you are about equal distance from...

Here's the website link:

http://westfield.com/centurycity/index.html

Best "locals" shopping place in the area...

Not only do they have one of the main "Sephora" stores in LA...

http://www.sephora.com/

But, Macy's and Bloomingdale's...

Aveda, The Body Shop, Crabtree & Evelyn, and Origins.

And if you need Pharmacy or Supermarket items...

Horton & Converse Pharmacy, as well as Gelson's Supermarket.

Anything and everything that she could need or want should be right here, in a compact beautiful shopping area...

As well as tons of shopping and restaurants, and some of the best Beverly Hills/Hollywood/Malibu type people watching in the city!

I hope this helps, let me know if it does or you need more info...

CJW

CJW, your information, as usual, is outstanding.

I will though also need access to either a Target, Walgreens, or CVS for some other related items that we need to get before the cruise. Either one of these places would work or something equivalent to them. So, would appreciate if you could provide directions for one or more of them.

Thanks,

Keith

Hey Keith1010!

So, luckily for you, I happened to have meetings in that area today, so could drive by and check it out to confirm in person...:D

The closest would be the Walgreens which is just a bit further down Santa Monica Blvd from the Century City Center.

(I'd guestimate that Century City Shopping is about 1/2 mile from your hotel, and then the Walgreens is about 1 mile or a little less - so just another half mile further west down the street).;)

Just be aware that there is "Little" Santa Monica Blvd (which is what Century City is on) and "Big" Santa Monica Blvd (which is what Walgreens is on. But they are just parallel streets divided by what used to be the old LA public train/trolley track in the middle).

The next closest is the CVS, but that's more like a mile and a half in the other direction towards Beverly Hills "downtown" on Wilshire. If you happen to be shopping on Rodeo that day at that moment you might be closer.:)

Just also bear in mind, that you might also find what you need at the Horton's and Converse in the Century City Center, as well as the Gelson's Supermarket, because the supermarkets here will contain lots of various items similar to Walgreens or CVS.

At any rate, you are now "well armed" with all of the knowledge to get whatever you need when you are there!

Have a great time, and be sure to give us a report when you get back!

CJW:cool:

If your aim is to avoid paying an arm and a leg, and you have access to a car, I would say to avoid Gelsons (tends to be pricey and not the most variety of grocery stores -- we usually just go to our local Gelsons when there's a grocery strike, which may be happening soon unfortunately, or for an impulsive specialty dessert item, but when hubby wants to pay for it :) ). I like CVS's prices and varieties -- you'll find some food items there too as well as liquor. Walgreen's isn't so bad either. The Century City shopping mall will be good for finding more specialty items such as travel accessories at Rand McNalleys, or gifts to take back home.

CJW. You are wonderful and this is perfect. This is exactly what I was looking for and yes, I will defiintely provide a trip report on this. We don't go until January but I will post about the Hotel and our experiences in this area and appreciate all of your input along with the input I have received from others.

Thanks,

Keith

Archived