What to do on ship in winter???

Just wondering what do people do on their day at sea in the winter months??? I see that the rates are really good BUT...

We are from the south and I guess you could call me a "Beach Bunny". This past trip that we really enjoyed taking in the sun on deck with a nice cold drink...

Thanks for your input!!!:o

When the weather is cooler you will still find some people sitting out by the pool. All of this depends where you sail. They might wrap themselves in a towel to keep warmer or might just sit out like the summer.

And, of course, on all ships sea days mean lots of activities taking place throughout the interior of the ship as well.

Keith

Where are you thinking of cruising in winter where it will be cold? We do all our cruising in winter, and it's never been cold. We tend to cruise January through March, and the temps have always been in the 80's on Caribbean cruises. The pools are jammed and it's very hot in the sun.

As above I cruise in Jan & Feb. I have been in the Caribbean and Hawaii in that time frame and it has always been warm to hot. The only problem with the Hawaian one is the first and last sea day when doing R/T type cruise. It was in the mid-60's in LA, cold for most people (I'm from Canada) when we departed the next day the pool was crowed and it was 80F.

There's more to do on the ship than sit around the pool. Attend a lecture, learn to play bridge, mah jongg or something else. Take a class, go to a movie, read a book, visit with new friends, heck, one of my best memories was working on a jigsaw puzzle with three of our table mates. There's lots to do, so don't despair if the weather's too cold to sit out by the pool.

Charlie

I've cruised the Caribbean in Nov. and Dec., and most days it's pretty warm, if not downright hot and humid. When it's been cool or cold, it's usually the first and last days as we made our way to and from Florida.

Things to do - eat, drink, play trivia or bingo, listen to music, shop, take a crafts or exercise class, get a massage, work out in the gym, sit on the deck wrapped in a blanket, play cards, watch a movie, go to the library, etc.

Roz

The only time you'll be downright cold during a winter cruise is if you take one of those out of NY. Then, you will be freezing for the first two days. But if your cruise departs out of Fla, LA, San Diego or Galveston, it's very warm, with temps in the 80's and higher after the first night.

I sailed out of NYC last winter. It was unseasonably warm but still too cold to lay out by the pool the first day.

I slept in, ate a leisurely breakfast, went to my cc meeting, then found a comfy chair the library / reading room with floor to ceiling windows. I saw a movie. I went to a lecture. I went to the returning guests party. Had a big lunch. Took a nap. Then I went to a martini tasting. The rest of the night is a bit of a blurr :p j/k

There is something to be said for flying to your point of departure so sail away & that first day is wonderfully warm. However, be home in my house before noon when the cruise was over makes sailing from a cold port a good option in my book.

My last cruise was out of Charleston S.C. at the end of january. It was my first sailaway in a jacket! It was cool for sailaway, the first sea day off the coast of FL was around 70, a little cool from the wind, but warm in the sun. The remaining days were in the 80s very nice without being too hot and sticky. When we debarked from the ship, Charleston was having a cold snap, it was in the 30s, how depressing!:(

MAC

My last cruise was out of Charleston S.C. at the end of january. It was my first sailaway in a jacket! It was cool for sailaway, the first sea day off the coast of FL was around 70, a little cool from the wind, but warm in the sun. The remaining days were in the 80s very nice without being too hot and sticky. When we debarked from the ship, Charleston was having a cold snap, it was in the 30s, how depressing!:(

MAC

yes, that does sound depressing....

when we got off the ship alittle over a week ago it was welcome home HOT AND HUMID... it was much nicer at sea!

love living in louisisana but you do learn to adjust to the humidity and heat in the summer...

thanks.

If you think a day at sea in the winter months is daunting, you'd be amazed at the loyal repeaters who make their annual pilgrimage for six days on Cunard's January Southampton to New York crossing.

These folks actually complain if the crossing is 'too smooth'!:D

If you think a day at sea in the winter months is daunting, you'd be amazed at the loyal repeaters who make their annual pilgrimage for six days on Cunard's January Southampton to New York crossing.

sounds too cold for me...

my friends say i'm a little bear in the winter...i hibernate and don't come out until spring when it's time to start fishing...yes, i love to fish!!!

sounds too cold for me...

my friends say i'm a little bear in the winter...i hibernate and don't come out until spring when it's time to start fishing...yes, i love to fish!!!

Archived