Does HAL do trans-Atlantic or repo sailings...

ltsally

Does HAL do trans-Atlantic or repo sailings... ??

Any ideas? Thanks!

Lots, usually in Mar/Apr and Sep/Oct.

Look at this CHART and pick ships that will be in the Caribbean in the winter months and Europe or Alaska for the summer ... for example Zuiderdam or Noordam in 2008. Then, for those ships, use the "Find a Cruise" method to look for Panama cruises, or pick a "Europe" cruise with a U.S. departure port, or a New England/Canada/Caribbean cruise with a European departure port, or a South Pacific cruise with a CA or WA departure. :)

:) Every July The Have A 35day R/t From Boston To Northern Europe Covers Norway Holland, British Isles, Iceland, Greenland, Newfoundland Etc. It Is A Fabulous Cruise We Took It A Couple Years Ago And It's Still The Best Cruise We've Been On

Most definitely!

Take a look at my sig line. I'm doing the Prisendam's repo from Athens to Fort Lauderdale in October 2008. There is a similar repo for that ship this fall as well.

Many HAL ships head over to Europe in the spring after their Caribbean season. Then in the fall, they come right back again. These are usually longer sailings with some very, very interesting ports.

Blue skies ...

--rita

HAL does quite a few transatlantic repos before and after the European season. Some really good deals too. They also do 2 or 3 north atlantic cruises that are 17/18 days each. Some people do 35 day roundtrip Boston. We did the 17 over. One of our best.

Sure hope HAL does repo cruises because we've booked one on the Rotterdam leaving Rio April 4,2008. Wouldn't we look silly if we were wrong especailly as we have already made our down payment and are confirmed for the main seating.

It's a fabulous itinerary or at least we think so. It's in two segments; the first is a 16 day cruise leaving Rio with 3 ports in Brazil, across the Atlantic, cross the Equator to Gambia and Senegal, onto the Canary Islands, Morocco, Spain and ending in Lisbon. Then there's a 12 day segment from Lisbon to Athens.

The rates are great, so much so that it's worth flying in from Canada or Australia.

We found out about it by typing in repositioning Europe on the HAL site. Hope you find a cruise that suits both your tastes and your pocketbook.

Sail on.

I suggest you get a Europe 2008 brochure from your local travel agent. there is a section containing all the transatlantic crossings. Or go to the HAL website and go through the brochure online, there are at least 4 in the spring, Rotterdam, Noordam, Prinsendam, and Zuiderdam, and 5 in the fall beginning in August with the new Eurodam.

GN

If you go to the website, choose destinations-Europe, you will see a list on the left hand side. Under "Regions" you will see "Transatlantic". Choosing that will take you to a search feature for just those cruises.

We're on a TA on Westerdam - Rome to FLL October 5, 2007.

Hi Linda

have you joined our get togethers for that cuise...one in the crows next an the other for the first full day at sea.. if not access us under Westerdam roll calls

Yes I did join but.....I haven't been back to the site for awhile. Soooo busy planning lol!!! Will check it out! Full day at sea sounds good to me. We're in Venice then Rome before the cruise and will be tour guiding it to the ship on the 5th so it may be hectic on that day. Linda

Archived