How will Long Beach Airport Be 12/21 or 12/22??

Yes........as one local told me at that airport........it is the best kept secret in S. California..........very easy to manuver and not busy at all......if your airline flys in to that airport.......by all means fly in to Long Beach..........

• 2 weeks later...
How will Long Beach Airport be for flying out of 12/21 or 12/22 ?? It still has to be better than LAX when we come into San Pedro that weekend doesnt it? Thanks

You just have to realize that there are 4 ships in San Pedro that day (Dec 21)

Monarch of the Seas(B93)

Seven Seas Mariner(TBA)

Summit(TBA)

Crystal Symphony(OH-46)

Three ships is a zoo. Four will be a nightmare. Be ready to be patient about any transportation, private or public. If you are on a ship that has "express departures", I'd do that and you will be ahead of the crowd.

I agree, LGB is much better than LAX. Stay in a hotel nearby in San Pedro or in downtown Long Beach and fly out on Saturday.

We will use ship transportation, have priority debarkation, and our flight is at 2:10pm, tell me I'm okay out of Long Beach :) Thanks

What ship are you on? There aren't usually lots of busses to LGB, unlike LAX. If there is only one, you're at the mercy of the driver who has to wait for everyone on the manifest to get on the bus before he leaves.

I might suggest you use a cab instead, and then you'd be by yourself. It won't be significantly different in price than the bus. Maybe less.

In either case, 2:10 is probably OK. Use the express departure procedure if they have it. With four ships in port, you'll have to be patient. Don

Long Beach airport is the only way to go. Good job picking it! The only food at the airport is from a small sandwich cart, so plan ahead on that thought. You can request your own van from Super Shuttle for about $75 which I highly recommed. Waiting for your van to fill up while trying to catch a flight is TORTURE! 2:10 maybe cutting it close if there are four ships disembarking. Customs could be overwhelmed. Happy cruising.:)

The Long Beach airport is NEVER crowded. I love it!! I wish there were more flights out of there. You'll be fine.

If there were more flights out of Long Beach, then there would have to be more flights into Long Beach (since they don't build the plane there anymore). Then, after adding all the flights you, and everybody else, wants to add, do you think the airport would still be "NEVER crowded"? :)

If there were more flights out of Long Beach, then there would have to be more flights into Long Beach (since they don't build the plane there anymore). Then, after adding all the flights you, and everybody else, wants to add, do you think the airport would still be "NEVER crowded"? :)

You're right, but you know what I meant. =)

Archived