NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

If you read the first page or two of this thread you will get a good summary of the benefits of having a Latitudes Mastercard. In essence you earn points depending on your spending. These points turn into cash off certificates for NCL cruises. I've had a card (or 2) since 1996 and have saved over $25' date='000 on NCL cruises.

PE[/quote']

After asking the question I checked the website. We have been on 4 NCL cruises and never knew this was available!:o The RCI cruise was probably a one time deal.

Thanks!:cool:

Do you have to be a latitude member to apply for the NCL MasterCard? I see it asks for the latitude number on the application. I was hoping my parents, who have never cruised with NCL could apply and get the NCL MasterCard. Does anyone know?

Thanks Wayne

Hummm, that must be a new field in the application, haven't noticed it before. It doesn't look like it is "required" and I would imagine lots of people have applied for the card and don't have a lattitudes number. Pretty sure that neither of our two accounts are tied/linked to our lattitudes numbers.

I'd have your parents apply immediately, they need to start collecting those points. :D

No, you don't have to be a Latitudes member to apply.

This is a new question and my guess is that is simply demographics.

This would allow them to know which M/C customers have cruised multiple times, longer cruises, etc. so they can aim special offers toward them.

Just a guess.

All,

I have never redeemed a gift card, but was wondering do you go with the express option for security purposes? Has anyone ever had any issues with getting their certificate via regular mail?

express mail cost me $35 PER CERTIFICATE!!!! they could not even figure out how to put the four of them in the same envelope and mail them together so I wound up paying $140 for my poor planning.... OUCH!

Just want some opinions-

Am I better doing A or B

A - Mailing a 500 $$ certificate to NCL on a reservation that is paid in full for a sailing in July. I have paid $800 of reservation in cash so there is money to credit me back.

B - Mailing the 500 $$ certificate to NCL on a reservation that is not paid in full for a sailing in July in our teenage daughters name that I would have to add her as a signer on the card for.

Which is less of a problem, quicker to see the refund for etc...

It's pretty much equal. When you submit your certificate for a credit back to your card it is going to take 4 - 8 weeks so by then you'll be about due to make final payment on your dtr's reservation.

However, some people have reported a problem with certificates in new user's name.

It's pretty much equal. When you submit your certificate for a credit back to your card it is going to take 4 - 8 weeks so by then you'll be about due to make final payment on your dtr's reservation.

However, some people have reported a problem with certificates in new user's name.

Who had problems with my wife using the certs, even though she is a card user.

Go with option A.

as I just went on NCL site & clicked on Mastercard & the application and saw no area for Latitudes #. Didn't remember being asked for it since we were given our numbers by our TA after I had the card to put the depsoit on for the 2 cruises we booked with her.

Hummm, that must be a new field in the application, haven't noticed it before. It doesn't look like it is "required" and I would imagine lots of people have applied for the card and don't have a lattitudes number. Pretty sure that neither of our two accounts are tied/linked to our lattitudes numbers.

I'd have your parents apply immediately, they need to start collecting those points. :D

quick question...i have read the above posts and i think i am clear... but just to make sure, i have been saving my compass rewards for 2 years and plan to use them on a cruise in aug. '09 - i can still accrue points up until feb '09 - am i able to book a cruise now and request my coupons after aug. '08? just want to make sure if i book a year and 4 months before the cruise, that i just cannot apply the coupons yet?:confused:

thanks in advance!

quick question...i have read the above posts and i think i am clear... but just to make sure, i have been saving my compass rewards for 2 years and plan to use them on a cruise in aug. '09 - i can still accrue points up until feb '09 - am i able to book a cruise now and request my coupons after aug. '08? just want to make sure if i book a year and 4 months before the cruise, that i just cannot apply the coupons yet?:confused:

thanks in advance!

yes you can