NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

How do you guys check your account? Is it something that can be seen on-line, or you simply call your agent?

Assuming you are talking about your NCL account, on NCL's homepage, there is a login in the top right. Login (or create your account) and go to my cruises. From there, use the Locate My Cruise dropdown or the Don't See Your Reservation area. That should talke you to another page that will give you your account balance. I'm not sure if this will work if you didn't book with NCL.

Assuming you are talking about your NCL account, on NCL's homepage, there is a login in the top right. Login (or create your account) and go to my cruises. From there, use the Locate My Cruise dropdown or the Don't See Your Reservation area. That should talke you to another page that will give you your account balance. I'm not sure if this will work if you didn't book with NCL.

I did not book with NCL and I can see my reservation on NCL web site but not the account balance.

Hi - I'm hoping someone can help me. A search of this thread didn't help. I ordered one $500 certificate on each of my 2 accounts on July 1. July 15, they hadn't arrived (but the points had been removed from my account). So I called, the woman I spoke to said that due to the July 4 holiday, maybe they were delayed. OK, fine, so I waited until the 22nd, and called again. The person I spoke to sad that it looked like they had never been sent, and she would re-issue and send them Priority. Yesterday, the 27th, I tried again, the rep said she could find no record of my July 22 phone call, and at that moment the system went down for updating. Called this AM, went thru my whole story AGAIN, and the rep said she could re-issue them and I would get them in 10 - 15 days. Only problem is that we are leaving for our cruise in 9 days, and it will be much too late by then. I asked if they could be sent Priority and she no. I asked if I could pay for overnighting them, and she said no. I asked to speak to a manager, and she said no, but a manager would call me back in 24 to 48 hours. 24 to 48 HOURS?????

Is there a phone number I can call to get to a higher level of supervision more quickly? Each of these calls has taken me at least 15 minutes on the phone as each one researches it, and I can't get to a higher level. HELP!!!!

BTW - we booked our trip quite late, so I didn't know I would need the certs until July 1, which is why the whole thing is happening so late. This is the 10th time that I have redeemed certificates, and have never had a problem before. I guess I'm making up for it now......

ANy ideas on what I can do?

QUESTION: since the CC search is down and I don't want to go back and read all 28 pages of this thread .. .could someone please tell me ...

We have 2 NCL credit cards and have had thousands off on cruises over the years. DIL wants to get a card and has their first NCL cruise coming up in 15 mos. She went online to apply and they want a Lattitudes number.

The NCL ccards are for Lattitudes only??????? :eek: She is going to call the 800 number of the website ...

~d

QUESTION: since the CC search is down and I don't want to go back and read all 28 pages of this thread .. .could someone please tell me ...

We have 2 NCL credit cards and have had thousands off on cruises over the years. DIL wants to get a card and has their first NCL cruise coming up in 15 mos. She went online to apply and they want a Lattitudes number.

The NCL ccards are for Lattitudes only??????? :eek: She is going to call the 800 number of the website ...

~d

you can get the card without a latitudes number...

I requested one $500 compass reward coupon in early July.. after 3 weeks passed with no coupon at my address I called again and they said they would cancel the original and research it-- then issue a 2nd one, I requested that they over nite it because I want to have it in place when my final payment is due mid august. They told me that they couldn't do it another way. I am supposed to get the new coupon in 2 weeks. Has anyone else had this problem? I have received before without any issues.

Does anyone have a contact NAME that I can call if this does not get resolved??

Thank you

Chris Mitchell

I was wondering if anyone knows if you will still get points if you use the checks they send you to pay a bill? We have two cards and run a lot of our business expenses through the cards, but I have a large bill to pay and they do not accept credit cards. I would love to write one of those checks and still get the points.

Thanks for any input.

I was wondering if anyone knows if you will still get points if you use the checks they send you to pay a bill? We have two cards and run a lot of our business expenses through the cards, but I have a large bill to pay and they do not accept credit cards. I would love to write one of those checks and still get the points.

Thanks for any input.

NO. The checks are cash advances not purchases no points and interest plus fees charged from day 1....not a good one to make points(since you get none).....

After reading all of these posts and happy awards points members, my husband and I applied for this card. We received our card today and I tried to do the on-line bill pay so that all of our bills our paid from this card the way many of you said you do. A BOA rep told me that they are doing away with the bill pay from credit cards. She says that BOA has never done this and it is only on old MBNA accounts and that are phasing that service out for everyone!!! This is the number I called and got this information from-card services at 800-887-5749. If you are as unhappy about this change as I am, please let them know.

She says you can still set up the bill pay through the individual companies, but that really takes away the convenience of the card!

I requested one $500 compass reward coupon in early July.. after 3 weeks passed with no coupon at my address I called again and they said they would cancel the original and research it-- then issue a 2nd one, I requested that they over nite it because I want to have it in place when my final payment is due mid august. They told me that they couldn't do it another way. I am supposed to get the new coupon in 2 weeks. Has anyone else had this problem? I have received before without any issues.

Does anyone have a contact NAME that I can call if this does not get resolved??

Thank you

Chris Mitchell

I just went through this. What a nightmare! I had 2 $500 certificates being sent to me, one from each account. To make a very long story much shorter, after 31 days and 4 phone calls , I had still not received them. I had to speak to supervisors 4 levels up before I got anywhere, and I'm still not sure it's completely resolved. (The saga of the first part of my experience is back about 12 posts) And we're sailing in 7 days!

Don't fret about having the certificates in before final payment. Just pay the balance with your credit card, and send the certs immediately upon getting them (Priority with delivery confirmation, or some other form of delivery to have proof that they were received)As long as the certs are received by NCL before you sail, they will still credit your account. I have done this many times - never a problem.

However, I suggest that the INSTANT the two weeks is up if you haven't received them, call BoA again and make sure that they track them down and re-issue. Record days, dates and times as well as who you speak to. I ended up speaking to 10 different people, over 30 days, taking a total of over 6 hours of my time. (Can you tell I'm a bit annoyed?). Don't believe them when they say a coupon # is good enough for NCL to make the deduction. It isn't. They must have the original certificates (not faxed, either). It is also NOT NCL's responsibility to get the certificates to you. It's BoA's. Don't let them try to tell you otherwise. Don't let them connect you with the "points" dept. That is the "WorldPoints" dept and has no connection to the Compass points whatsoever. Also, don't let them send you back to NCL, no matter what department. They can't help you. (Believe me, I spoke to them all.)

I got so many stories that my head was spinning. I can't give you a name, because thir cust service department is huge and spread out, I believe, but if you are not getting satisfaction, ask to talk to the boss. And his boss, and her boss, until you get resolution. I finally did end up with someone who listened and seemed to care. my situation was unique, however, because I had so little time before sailing.

You should be fine. I usually get my certs in 5 days or so. You have plenty of time. It'll work out. Good luck!

After reading all of these posts and happy awards points members, my husband and I applied for this card. We received our card today and I tried to do the on-line bill pay so that all of our bills our paid from this card the way many of you said you do. A BOA rep told me that they are doing away with the bill pay from credit cards. She says that BOA has never done this and it is only on old MBNA accounts and that are phasing that service out for everyone!!! This is the number I called and got this information from-card services at 800-887-5749. If you are as unhappy about this change as I am, please let them know.

She says you can still set up the bill pay through the individual companies, but that really takes away the convenience of the card!

I've already done my bill paying through the individual companies anyway. My reasoning was that I used the "shop safe" feature, generated a different account number for each bill that I needed to pay, and then used that number. If there was a problem with the site's information being stolen, at least they wouldn't know my "real" account number, and the one that they got access to is tied to the original company so that it limited my exposure. Just another way of looking at it,.

I've already done my bill paying through the individual companies anyway. My reasoning was that I used the "shop safe" feature, generated a different account number for each bill that I needed to pay, and then used that number. If there was a problem with the site's information being stolen, at least they wouldn't know my "real" account number, and the one that they got access to is tied to the original company so that it limited my exposure. Just another way of looking at it,.

I agree. That's the way I do it, too. Shopsafe is wonderful! I have probably used it over a hundred times so far.

Can I use my NCL reward points to pay for airfare if I book it through NCL as an add-on to my cruise?

I asked the same question and was told yes. I also asked NCL and was also told yes as well as pre-cruise hotel stay.

Though I haven't done it yet. Plan to book soon for May '09

Contact each of your bills such as telephone, cable, utilities, mortgage, etc and tell them they are toput your bills on your MC every month to be paid in full. Then you get points. But if you pay bills online at BOA Check Free you do not since it is classified as check writing by BOA to pay your bills. Personlly I have 4 locations that do not bill folks via a credit card but tke hem at their office, so we drive there to do it. Some utilities charge a fee to charge their payment monthly, so we only do that when the bills are high, not for $20.