NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

We sent our certificates on Tuesday via Fedex. I know that they received them the next morning by tracking them and even got a fax with the signature. Haven't received any information as to if they have credited us for the $1,500.00 certificates. How long should I wait before panicking. Please advise. :confused:

You have no reason to panic. You have proof of delivery. Give NCL a week or so to post them, if they're not showing up at that point, give them the proof of delivery info and they'll be located and processed quickly.

This question is probably on here somewhere, but search isn't working...

If you've paid with coupons and then need to switch your cruise, do the coupons transfer as with prior $$$ payments?

Sometimes I get to reading about how great this program is and wonder if I should go ahead and send my 4 coupons in as payment in the event NCL/BOA drop this program....:eek:

since no one answered and I happen to have the rules in front of me and it says"Name changes, departure date changes and itinerary changes may be subject to penalties such as cancellation fees and or fare increases as determined by NCL" but it does not prohibit their transfer

I currently have almost 2000 points in the bank accumulated this year. I'm trying to decide if I should use them in 2009 or allow them to accumulate for another year and book for Europe with airfare.

Does anyone know if there is a maximum number of points you can use at one time? If you had enough points, could you pay off a garden villa or an air/sea package to Europe? What is the maximum you have used in the past on one cruise?

I currently have almost 2000 points in the bank accumulated this year. I'm trying to decide if I should use them in 2009 or allow them to accumulate for another year and book for Europe with airfare.

Does anyone know if there is a maximum number of points you can use at one time? If you had enough points, could you pay off a garden villa or an air/sea package to Europe? What is the maximum you have used in the past on one cruise?

There are no limits to tha amount of points you can use at a time. The only limits you may encounter are expirations.

PE

So if you have pay your deposit for your next cruise with a cruise rewards coupon(pay $250, get $100 OBC) if you turn in enough certificates to $250?

Example: On cruise A I pay $250 for a cruise reward and get $100 OBC for cruise A...and the $250 will be a deposit for cruise B.

I then use the $250 deposit for cruise B, which has a total cost of $1000. I then turn in 2 certificates($500 each). Will I get reimbursed or credited for my $250 cruise reward deposit?

We sent our certificates on Tuesday via Fedex. I know that they received them the next morning by tracking them and even got a fax with the signature. Haven't received any information as to if they have credited us for the $1,500.00 certificates. How long should I wait before panicking. Please advise. :confused:

I am happy to report that we were credited our $1,500 towards our cruise. It only took 5 business days to get it done. Now I can relax.

FYI:p

then click on credit cards, then on the left side rewards area, then cruise rewards cards & then on Norwegian card. Then fill out app & get the card overnight in many cases

Does anyone have a website or email address where we can get an application for an NCL Mastercard? Thanks!

Sandy -- you're correct. If you are interested in any sort of rewards card, it's actually one of the best ones available. There are several of our bills that we pay using the credit card each month and it costs no more to pay them by credit card than to write a check. Things like cable/satellite/cell phones/utilities/groceries/dining out are all suggestions. We routinely rack up between 30 and 40 points each month, just by paying our normal bills with it. Also, if you are booking a cruise, you earn an extra 1% bonus points for anything that comes through as an NCL charge.

We make sure we transfer the money that would be coming out of our checking account to a savings account once the charges are made, and then the funds are sitting in the savings account so that there's never a question of paying the account in full each month. In 4 years, we've redeemed at least $2500 in certificates, since we've also been able to use it to "pay" the kids college tuition.

I just signed up for the card by calling the 800 #. There isn't a link on NCLs site anymore. I hope I get the 25 bonus points for the first purchase?

Question for those that have it. Say I make an advance booking on my next cruise while on board. Then I accumulate enough to order 2 500 cruise certificates. Then when final payment is due, I send in the 2 certificates + the balance of the rest of the final payment that is owed to the TA? Is that how it works? Or do I have to pay entire final payment and then get a credit on my card to use at a later date?

I just got a second card a couple of months ago. I ordered it off the now non-working link in this thread and received my 25 points for my first purchase without any difficulty.

If you can accumulate your points fast enough, it's easier to send in your certificates slightly before final payment is due, wait for them to be credited, and then send in your final payment. If you're running too close to the deadline, then you make the final payment and they will credit your card back, according to several posters who've done it that way. We've always submitted ours a bit before final payment.

My mother and brother each have their own accounts. So don't I. If we each redeem a certificate, does it matter that they are 3rd and 4th persons, or does the person whose certificates are being redeemed have to be the 1st person or person whose name the booking is under?

If I make a $1000 item, I will earn 30 points toward my NCL point balance. If I return this $1000 item, I assume the 30 points will be reversed, similiar to the way other reward cards work.

If this is correct, what happens when I book my NCL cruise with my NCL creditcard? If my cruise total comes to $3000, I'll earn 120 points. I mail in my 3 $1000 certificates and the $3000 cruise charge will be reversed, as well as the 120 points. Won't I have a negative point balance?

Confusing, I know, but if anyone has had any experience with this, helping me out would be greatly appreciated!

We've never had any problems with that -- but it's because we never charged the portion of the cruise that we were paying for with the rewards certificates. We've always submitted them in advance of final payment date, so there wasn't a charge on our account for that same cruise.

Technically, if you charged your final payment, and then got your certificates which included the points from that final payment and sent them in, I could see how that might happen. Maybe someone else will have more info.

just click on Credit Cards, then Rewards, then Cruise Rewards and then Norwegian Platinum Plus Mastercard and fill it out & get it overnight Fed Ex.

I just signed up for the card by calling the 800 #. There isn't a link on NCLs site anymore. I hope I get the 25 bonus points for the first purchase?

Question for those that have it. Say I make an advance booking on my next cruise while on board. Then I accumulate enough to order 2 500 cruise certificates. Then when final payment is due, I send in the 2 certificates + the balance of the rest of the final payment that is owed to the TA? Is that how it works? Or do I have to pay entire final payment and then get a credit on my card to use at a later date?

the party with the credit card must be in the stateroom being purchased .

My mother and brother each have their own accounts. So don't I. If we each redeem a certificate, does it matter that they are 3rd and 4th persons, or does the person whose certificates are being redeemed have to be the 1st person or person whose name the booking is under?

Hi everyone. Just wanted to let you know what my experience was with using the rewards certificates last month. I booked our cruise through the NCL website and final payment is not due until Sept. 23rd. Last month I sent $1500 in rewards certificates to the physical mailing address (noted on the first page of this thread) with a cover letter and a copy of the cruise confirmation/reservation form that I had received by email when I initially booked the cruise. I sent them overnight via the post office with signature confirmation. Kept copies of everything that I mailed to NCL too, of course. I logged onto the NCL website about a week later and the $1500 had already been credited to the balance due on our cruise. Pretty impressive and speedy!

Mine sent in August was received in 3 days to the P O Box given to me by NCL. One stamp on envelope. I was credited and very happy with the 50% discount we got from the Latitudes DMLAT promo. One month one week & 2 days til we fly & cruise.

Hi everyone. Just wanted to let you know what my experience was with using the rewards certificates last month. I booked our cruise through the NCL website and final payment is not due until Sept. 23rd. Last month I sent $1500 in rewards certificates to the physical mailing address (noted on the first page of this thread) with a cover letter and a copy of the cruise confirmation/reservation form that I had received by email when I initially booked the cruise. I sent them overnight via the post office with signature confirmation. Kept copies of everything that I mailed to NCL too, of course. I logged onto the NCL website about a week later and the $1500 had already been credited to the balance due on our cruise. Pretty impressive and speedy!