NCL Mastercard FAQ

Host CMLA

FWIW, I too will squeeze another $500 certificate out of the program between mid November and December 31. It can be done.

My anniversary year renews November 12th, thus as soon as the 12th statement closes, I'll start using the card again and will put $8,317 in charges on it from 11/13-12/12 to get the first $250, and then another $8,317 from 12/13-12/31 to get the second $250 and 1 last $500 certificate!

When all is said and done, that last certificate will take my lifetime rewards in the program to $16k over 4 years! :D

Man I'm going to miss this program!

Let the charging begin~

Hi All, Looking for a new CC. Is anyone familar with Hilton Honors??

I am wondering which card is better Hilton Honors AMEX or

Hilton Honors Visa?? HELP Please..

I am wondering the difference between the two if any?? Which ones better??

AMEX gives more points per dollar spent, but is not accepted everywhere. Someone on this board suggested getting both.

you get 10 points per $1 spent at Hilton & other points larger than stated by Citi. So we got the card, it was UPS NDA to us the next day at 9AM. Spend $125 & get 15,000 points. Get great rewards for cheap nights at Hilton hotels. We can stay at Hampton Inn for 7500 points since you are Silver if not Gold already..

Now we have to talk HH into doing business with NCL for us instead of Carnival or include NCL for the thousands they will get by doing it.

you get 10 points per $1 spent at Hilton & other points larger than stated by Citi. So we got the card, it was UPS NDA to us the next day at 9AM. Spend $125 & get 15,000 points. Get great rewards for cheap nights at Hilton hotels. We can stay at Hampton Inn for 7500 points since you are Silver if not Gold already..

Now we have to talk HH into doing business with NCL for us instead of Carnival or include NCL for the thousands they will get by doing it.

Not impressed with their cruise rewards.... They specify which Carnival cruises you may take, much like the Royal Caribbean program. We like to sail out of the NE, and I rarely see these cruises listed on any of the porgrams, other than the old NCL program. I would like the flexibilty to use the points for any cruise, like NCL's program was set up. Amex and Discover both have programs like this, but are not as widely accepted as Visa/MC, so I am looking for one of them that allows flexibility to use points for any cruise line on any cruise....

I only have 492 points in my account and can not add any more (reached the 1000 point limit). Has anybody been able to move points from one account to another.

Thanks

d man

I believe the limit is 1500 per year, and the year is not the calendar year but the anniversary year (the date when you opened your account). I think if you can add 8 more points (charge $270) before December 31 to this account, you can get a 500 certificate. If you are truly at your limit, there are earlier posts on this thread that address this. I think,some have said it cannot be done, but some were albe to talk to someone at BOA, who was able to help them. Good luck!

Another credit card question!!!!! I have a final payment for an NCL cruise due on December 30. If I use my NCL card will that entitle me to the 4%? Can we make purchases until the 31st? I might do that instead of using some of my certificates if it will get me to the $500-- might or might not!

I am still confused about the monthly points. How can they be on the card if you haven't paid them yet??? I thought it was based on what you paid but I guess not.

Those coins sound good but I might need to buy $4000 worth! lol

mailbroad, charges only have to be posted...not paid for. If you choose to pay your cruise hoping to get points remember to do it a few days before the 31st. Sometimes it takes a few days for items to post and it needs to show posted to rcv the point credit.

mailbroad, charges only have to be posted...not paid for. If you choose to pay your cruise hoping to get points remember to do it a few days before the 31st. Sometimes it takes a few days for items to post and it needs to show posted to rcv the point credit.

Thanks! That is what I will do!!!!

I believe the limit is 1500 per year, and the year is not the calendar year but the anniversary year (the date when you opened your account). I think if you can add 8 more points (charge $270) before December 31 to this account, you can get a 500 certificate. If you are truly at your limit, there are earlier posts on this thread that address this. I think,some have said it cannot be done, but some were albe to talk to someone at BOA, who was able to help them. Good luck!

The first page of this thread says the max is 1000 per year.

The first page of this thread says the max is 1000 per year.

Hmmmmmmmmm..... I actually dug out my original paperwork, and it does say that the max is 1,000 per year, but I have been earning 1,500 per year for the last three years. Once I get to 1,500, I stop earning until the next cycle begins. SHHHHHHH...... I am REALLY going to miss this program!!

and the cards went thru the shredder since we do not plan to add another thousand for a few points. HH Signature Visa is getting them, and we bought a new computer with 20" monitor for $600 and that charge went to AMEX BLUE since the 3 year warranty will be 4 with them, not Citi. If a warranty is one year, then HH Signature Visa gets it,to double it, over that AMEX BLUE gets it with their great coverage. Love the buy an airfare & get one free when you buy with Citi's agency & they have good rates. $300 for both of us to fly to Newark & they covered us for Hilton hotel when flights were cancelled with ice, high winds, etc. Too bad no airport clubs anymore.

Have no $8000 to get another 250, so they are over with us. I expect a $250 certificate off a cruise, if it is upgrades then I will wheel & deal for them to get us on a cruise when book with them.

I would make that NCL payment early in that billing cycle since I have seen them take even more than a few days in the past. I think they may be processing a lot of payments at the end of the year.

I think you need to go back a year and track your points for each month to find your $1000 limit? Really hope you can fit in 8 points somewhere? I would try calling BOA to see if there is a way you can get to the $500? It's not your fault they are ending the program. :(

Again, points are issued when your billing cycle ends. Doesn't matter when you pay your balance. I just pay it back before the due date every month to avoid the interest. :D

I went back about 10 pages in this thread, but the only one I saw mentioned was the Hilton Honors Visa. There is no way we're sticking with Bank of America and that [?*>/~$#] WorldPoints replacement. We want to choose a good one, maybe airline or hotel, that will give us a great bang for the buck.

I went back about 10 pages in this thread, but the only one I saw mentioned was the Hilton Honors Visa. There is no way we're sticking with Bank of America and that [?*>/~$#] WorldPoints replacement. We want to choose a good one, maybe airline or hotel, that will give us a great bang for the buck.

Well, Adele, we might use our SWA Chase card - at least we'll be able to fly free to our cruise ports. :cool:

Have heard lot of good comments about the Hilton Honors Card, but another consideration, for more $$ rewards one might consider:

1) Using a gasoline specific Visa card for gasoline (we use BP and get 5% cash back)

2) Using the Discover Card and use the card at their quarterly promotion locations (Q408 - grocery stores, restaurants/fast foods and movies/video rentals; Q109 - Travel related locations, meaning hotels, airlines, cruises car rentals, etc.) While using the card at these locations during the promotion periods, the cash back reward is 5% regardless or how much you have used the card for other purchases during the year. Additionally, a real benefit, the rewards can be used to purchase certificates to book an NCL cruise. You can get a $80 cruise credit for only $40 or a $160 cruise credit for $80. That's a 10% return, as I see it, for those types of purchases. Then, for all purchases not falling into one of these catagories, consider

3) HSBC, the World's local bank Mastercard. They're offering online a MasterCard called the "Weekend Card" where ALL purchases make on the weekend earn 2% cash back and ALL other purchases earn 1% and the rewards are completly unlimited.

Just some thoughts! Are there any others that anyone has to share?

Happy Cruising!

Is one great card next to AMEX BLUE. Saved $300 on air CLE-EWR 10/18 with BOGO air booked with HH agency. Spend $125 & GET 15,000 POINTS. They state enough for 2 nights. SILVER status for Hilton chain stays. Too bad no airport club for free that is AMEX Platinum only. One extra year for warranty coverage. We still use AMEX Blue for warranties over a year for the extra year up to 5 year warranty making it 6. They NDA'd the cards to us for the next day's use. So NCL MC is in the safe til the new one shows to see what it is giving. Then it will be NCL charges only if $50,000 for $500 credit. HH SignVisa has cruise perks but with Carnival right now, so we have to alert them to NCL to get them thousands signing up for the card.

Well, Adele, we might use our SWA Chase card - at least we'll be able to fly free to our cruise ports. :cool:

Thanks for the ideas, everyone.

OD2, we'd get an SWA card (or JetBlue, which we love), but for many of the places we might fly, those airlines aren't so good. We always have to have a hotel before cruising, though, and the Hilton Honors card has a lot of different hotels we could use.

It's good that we have another two months to study!

I am trying to see what other rewards, outside travel, that this new WorldPoints has...and how many points it takes to get things. I can't look because you need to have a valid account to do so...frustrating!

So is this Worldpoints comparable to other programs now? I charge a couple thousand every month and pay off the balance in full....I just want to have rewards that I can actually do something with!

I am trying to see what other rewards, outside travel, that this new WorldPoints has...and how many points it takes to get things. I can't look because you need to have a valid account to do so...frustrating!

So is this Worldpoints comparable to other programs now? I charge a couple thousand every month and pay off the balance in full....I just want to have rewards that I can actually do something with!

Don't think anyone knows for sure yet. Program details are suppose to be sent to cardholders in Dec. Until then, it's anybody's guess.

I checked out the card being romanced to me by a Supervisor. Signature Visa with Worldpoints is $1 per point & $50,000 for $500 reward, so forget that! We will use that new NCL card for NCL cruises unless HH Sign Visa gets NCL for cruise rewards. Citi HiltonHHonors Signature Visa is #1 with us!!! BOGO air & great hotels for FREE.