Where will I be when I wake up ?

jckvpa0

We are sailing on the Crown out of NYC on Oct 20th & our first port of call is St. Thomas. I was just curious just how far south we will we be when we wake on our first sea day? We have 3 full sea days at the beginning of our cruise & would love to know if we will be far enough south to be able to sit out in the sun on the first day.

We are sailing on the Crown out of NYC on Oct 20th & our first port of call is St. Thomas. I was just curious just how far south we will we be when we wake on our first sea day? We have 3 full sea days at the beginning of our cruise & would love to know if we will be far enough south to be able to sit out in the sun on the first day.

We were on the same sailing last year, and booked again for this year:) . It was sunny but cold when we embarked. The next day we hit some kind of front or something and the seas were VERY rough, not the normal rough of the Atlantic, worse, but by the third day it was sunny and warm enough to sit by the pool. Hoping for warm weather and soothe seas this Oct:D

Where will I be when I wake up ?

Maybe hear

From the not missing but mislaid department: Monday CND ran an article about a Fascination passenger who reported that her cabinmate wasn't in her cabin when she woke up. After searching the ship it turned out he was missing, and the Coast Guard was called in to search the path the ship had sailed since he was last seen. One cruise executive dropped us a line to let us know that these days more often than not when a cabinmate is reported "missing" and not in the cabin in the morning, it turns out that the person somehow managed to be sleeping in the wrong cabin, and is amazed that the person in bed with them isn't their original cabinmate. I guess one bed was too hard, and they checked another one that was too soft and they kept going until they found one that was j-u-s-t right.

To the OP: I think it depends on how warm it is when you leave. We took a cruise to New England and Canada from New York City in October 2002. It was warm enough for us to enjoy the aft pool (which is heated) before the ship left New York.

When we sailed from Norfolk in December 2005, it was warm enough by the first day at sea to enjoy the hot tubs but not the pool. But that was a Holland America ship, which had salt water pools.

The ship will be off the coast of Virginia and North Carolina. The Gulf Stream waters will help make it feel warmer than on land that time of year.

Which begs the question.

If one jumpes when a ship is underway does one land forward or aft of where one jumped from?

Thats a question i ask myself everyday!

I would like to se the government throw 20 or 30 million dollars at the question to get an answer:D

Archived