Taking drinks on board?

MeganMamaw

My last two cruises my wife have packed a 12-pack each of Diet Coke and Diet Dr. Pepper in a separate box, tapedup, with the tag at the pier for the stateroom with NO issues. We even had a few Gatorades and water bottles in the box.

seems to me EVERY cruise line offers Coke...you can get a "soda card" & drink all you want for one price...approx $40 for a 7 day cruise. I am a Diet Pepsi addick but will deal with the Coke if I have too...the ship soda card is a must for soda addicts....

seems to me EVERY cruise line offers Coke...you can get a "soda card" & drink all you want for one price...approx $40 for a 7 day cruise. I am a Diet Pepsi addick but will deal with the Coke if I have too...the ship soda card is a must for soda addicts....

I just think $40 for one person for one week for some soda is ridiculous. I can go through a 12 pack of diet coke in a week, but I can get that for under $5 without a sale. For 5 of us, that would be $200 that would go nice towards excursions. So, I don't think the soda card is a must for me (and yes, i'm an addict, I don't drink coffee so it's my daily caffeine fix). The ship allows me to bring on my own soda and water bottles and I like that. :-)

Hubby and I went on a short 4 night cruise on Carnival last spring and brought our own sodas. It was easy to just use a plastic cup from the pool area, put some ice in it from our room or the ice machines, and add our own soda. Hubby also made rum and cokes this way. (ftr, we did not try to hide the rum in anything. we had it and a bottle of wine packed in normally with our other items, in their original bottles/containers, & were prepared for them to take the rum, but they didn't.)

Sticking to the original posters question, yes, you can bring the sodas on in your carry on. You can do this on embarkation day and should you want to purchase additional sodas during the course of your cruise you can also do this in the various ports of call.

Enjoy the cruise.

Keith

I just carry on a case myself, never any problem or restriction. IF I were to lable it for the porter's I would be sure to tip well. Wouldn't be nothing for it to be "dropped" if you load up with too much weight.

It's also very convenient to just purchase 6 packs in Ketchikan at the Tongass Store on the dock.

Archived