Yay, we just booked the Crown P.

cruisinbuddy

For February 9, '08. We'll be flying in a day early and staying at the Sheridan, Old San Jaun. This is the Classic Southern Caribbean cruise. Sailing will be myself, DW, DS and BIL.

I have a couple questions, does anyone know wear to buy wine in this area, and or does the duty free shop in the terminal sell wine? And when can we expect to be able to board the ship? One more, does anyone know which nights are the formal nights for this cruise. I know the 1st will be the day at sea, there's only one day at sea which is the day after we leave San Jaun. Thanks, Cruisinbuddy

For February 9, '08. We'll be flying in a day early and staying at the Sheridan, Old San Jaun. This is the Classic Southern Caribbean cruise. Sailing will be myself, DW, DS and BIL.

I have a couple questions, does anyone know wear to buy wine in this area, and or does the duty free shop in the terminal sell wine? And when can we expect to be able to board the ship? One more, does anyone know which nights are the formal nights for this cruise. I know the 1st will be the day at sea, there's only one day at sea which is the day after we leave San Jaun. Thanks, Cruisinbuddy

Congrats on booking the Crown, we sailed her twice last year and it was fantastic.

You can purchase liquor in the terminal area.

The second formal is usually the second to last night.cc:)

Yes, the terminal has plenty of wine. By the way, there is plenty of shopping in Old San Juan, even a Walgreens and Marshalls! You may find what you need in the city.

I know where Walgreens is, (I can't believe I'm asking this) but where is Marshalls?? :rolleyes:

Leaving in August for our 2nd Crown cruise. Last years cruise was cut to 7 days due to the "tilt" the week before. We have to do all those things we missed last year.:D We missed San Juan and St. Thomas. Wanted to get that Tiramisu liqueur from St. Thomas. If you go to one of the shops that have liquor tasting, try it.

We Had a Wonderful Time on the Crown, I'm sure you will also. Don't miss the International Cafe.

You will have a great time! We stayed at the Sheraton after our cruise and were upgraded to a fabulous suite. The location is perfect for walking around OSJ , with great shopping and restuarants. The rooftop pool was nice too!We went up to the pool and watched the ships sail out that night. What a beautiful sight!

Enjoy your cruise!

Here's a link from another cruise site to beautiful photos for your Crown cruise. Mostly photos of the islands, not too much of the ship.

http://www.pbase.com/adwalsh/crown_princess_2007&page=1

There is a liquor store inside the pier.

WHen we arrived in Nov. at 1:30, there was a line outside the buidling because there was a problem wth the prior cruise and Customs. Normally you should be able to start baording around noon.

The formal nights were Sunday and Thursday if I recall.

I know where Walgreens is, (I can't believe I'm asking this) but where is Marshalls?? :rolleyes:

Marshall's is right across the Plaza de Armas from Walgreens -- one block south of W, right on the corner. You can't miss it!

Leaving in August for our 2nd Crown cruise. Last years cruise was cut to 7 days due to the "tilt" the week before. We have to do all those things we missed last year.:D We missed San Juan and St. Thomas. Wanted to get that Tiramisu liqueur from St. Thomas. If you go to one of the shops that have liquor tasting, try it.

We Had a Wonderful Time on the Crown, I'm sure you will also. Don't miss the International Cafe.

What "tilt" is being referred to? :eek:

Tom

What "tilt" is being referred to? :eek:

Tom

I believe they're refering to the time the ship made a VERY sharp turn around and the ship tilted so much that there was a lot of damage and injuries. Someone posted pics of the gift shop and there were a lot of broken bottles etc on the floor. TVs were falling off of the shelves in the staterooms, one man barely caught the tv just before it hit someone. It was all over the boards.

Crown Princess February 16th; our 1st cruise. Sheritan was full, so we're staying at another hotel (name escapes me). Upon return, we're staying 7 nights at the Intercontinental San Juan Resort.

Very excited!

Tom

The wine selection at the cruise terminal is very poor. I buy my wine from home and pack in suitcase. Never had a problem. Just pack in lots of bubble wrap between your clothes. BTW we're on the Crown on the January 12th sailing. Live in Mississauga, Ontario.

Thanks again.

Archived