E-tickets and luggage tags?

Host Dan

I haven't sailed Celebrity for many years, and was taken back, not only on the 20 page e-ticket, but the e-luggage tag! Apparently you don't get tags until you appear at the port and request them from the porters. At that point you have to fill them out. I find this very strange. How long has this been going on? :confused:

Host Dan

I booked directly through Celebrity and never received any docs. I am leaving on 7/27 and called Celebrity and they are sending me docs. It is hectic enough when you get to the dock that I didn't want to fill out my luggage tags there. My feeling is that you have a greater chance of your luggage going on another ship if YOU DON"T use your own cruiselines luggage tags. I don't call about the other paperwork being electronic

Princess just switched over to e-docs and they sent me luggage tags and other non-doc information.

I just hope that I receive them in time. I shouldn't have waited that long to call.

Hi Dan:) I sailed in March and still got paper documents. I enjoy

reading that booklet;) And I booked that cruise directly through

Celebrity.

So I guess it depends....call Celebrity and ask them to send you

paper docs.

Hi Dan,

The present modus operendi seems to be that if you, or your TA, do not request paper documents you will get your documents on line. If you want baggage tags you will need to request hard copy documents. The baggage tags you get at the pier lack some information contained on the baggage tags sent with your documents (fore, aft or midship cabin location), that may delay arrival of your bags at your cabin.

I had a bit of difficulty in Dover with baggage tags, that had me running around the cruise terminal to find out where the baggage tags were available. It delayed our boarding about 45 minutes while the keys to an office were located.

For the last year or so I have been requesting that Baggage tags be sent individually, and that I would print my own E documents. This method would get us our preprinted baggage tags, but save the cost of printing and mailing the hard copy documents. This suggestion has not resonated with Celebrity/RCI personnel, and I have had to request hard copy documents just to get the baggage tags. It seems that there is a disconnect in RCI's communications that needs some improvement.

petert

Dear Dan:

Save yourself the trouble. E Docs work just fine. Show up at the port, get your tags (no problem), take 5 minutes to fill them out and attach to luggage, and away you go.

I was concerned with the change when we (9 of us) sailed aboard Infinity in March. It was no problem. We arrived early, and to our joy all of our luggage made it to our cabins very early. Because of a Coast Guard inspection, we were delayed about an hour, but most of our luggage was waiting by our door when we got to our cabins. What wasn't already there, arrived within an hour.

Bob

I agree with Bob. I use an online TA and don't get luggage tags ahead of time no matter when I book. Not a problem, I also get the tags at the port (they are readily available) and my luggage has always arrived on time. One tip....I take a Sharpie with me as it is so much more visable than a regular ink pen! Happy Sailing!

Hi Dan,

The present modus operendi seems to be that if you, or your TA, do not request paper documents you will get your documents on line. If you want baggage tags you will need to request hard copy documents. The baggage tags you get at the pier lack some information contained on the baggage tags sent with your documents (fore, aft or midship cabin location), that may delay arrival of your bags at your cabin.

I had a bit of difficulty in Dover with baggage tags, that had me running around the cruise terminal to find out where the baggage tags were available. It delayed our boarding about 45 minutes while the keys to an office were located.

For the last year or so I have been requesting that Baggage tags be sent individually, and that I would print my own E documents. This method would get us our preprinted baggage tags, but save the cost of printing and mailing the hard copy documents. This suggestion has not resonated with Celebrity/RCI personnel, and I have had to request hard copy documents just to get the baggage tags. It seems that there is a disconnect in RCI's communications that needs some improvement.

petert

Hi, Cathy here. DH and I have been disillusioned about those pesky luggage tags and we too booked probably a year out on our last cruise this past April and still did not receive hard copies of anything. We did a precruise in SJU and had the hotel photocopy the one tag included in our e-docs and then scotch taped them to our luggage. This is particularly important since the luggage is picked up a few hours prior to the actual departure from the hotel, so it should be identified somehow.

Also, on a lesser note - I enjoyed looking at those paper documents and pondering over the shore excursions........I did voice an opinion with RCCL but did not receive any feedback.:(

From Cathy:

Also, on a lesser note - I enjoyed looking at those paper documents and pondering over the shore excursions........I did voice an opinion with RCCL but did not receive any feedback.:(

Dear Cathy:

You can look at the EDocs Online, and even print them if you wish. They look pretty much the same. Better yet, just spend more time talking to other cruise critic members Online, because I think that's a great way to prepare for cruises.

Happy cruising to all!

Bob

Archived