Grand Circle River cruise beds

Capt. Mike

Capt. Mike, call the company and ask questions.

I just looked at the Grand Circle WEB site. It appears that all rooms have 2 twin beds and some rooms have an additional sofa for seating. It does not say what the length and width of the bed is.

We have been moored next to GCT boats that have had the type of bed you are talking about. We just returned from a Viking cruise on the Elbe with the same kind of bed---not a good nites sleep the whole trip. The beds on GCT are only in certain price classes. Check the cabin plans carefully and talk to them. Good luck. Pat

We have taken a number of river cruises with GCT. All the riverboats had two sofas during the day. While you eat dinner, your stewardess pulls down a twin bed on each side that we have always found to be very comfortable; however, we aren't as tall as you. Their catalog usually shows a picture of the bed when pulled down. We have been comfortable with the layout of their cabins. Hope you enjoy your cruise.

We have just returned from the "Romance of the Rhine and Mosel" on the River Melody, and had beds that were pulled down as described above. I found the bed very hard and uncomfortable for the first few nights, and then got used to it. I would not let the fact that the bed is not the most comfortable stop me from going on GCT again. Overall, their price for the quality of trip is very good.

Rick

I was on the Christmas Markets On The Rhine tour in 2005 on the rivership Symphony (one of their oldest ships) and found the beds to be extremely comfortable; I slept like a log. The couches that the beds fold up into were quite hard and uncomfortable though.

Archived