Does Princess ever offer the discounted deposit directly?

Ugly Betty Fan

After some research I found out that travel agents can offer $100 per person deposits a few times per year on Princess cruises. I was wondering if Princess offers this directly without the travel agent middleman? I prefer to book directly with the cruise line.

After some research I found out that travel agents can offer $100 per person deposits a few times per year on Princess cruises. I was wondering if Princess offers this directly without the travel agent middleman? I prefer to book directly with the cruise line.

Just curious, why do you prefer to book direct? In the vast majority of cases there is no benefit to doing this. In many cases it is a detriment. A good T/A has saved the day for many on these boards, and done so for less money than booking direct with Princess.

With Princess, I find the only way to book is through a TA. I actually called to book a Princess cruise direct with Princess, and the Princess rep told me he couldn't offer me any discounts, that I would be better off going through a TA. So my last Princess cruise I went through a terrific agent I found and received the deposit discounts, on board credits of $25 pp, and free pictures. Hey, it's not much, but it was more than Princess was offering. And when I saw the price drop, one call to my TA and it was taken care of immediately. So there are many advantages of going through a TA. On Royal Caribbean, where TA's can't offer discount cruise prices, it still pays to use a TA. I still have received other perks such free wine, pictures and frames, romance package, on board credits, etc.

If I had to guess, I would think that the OP prefers to book directly with Princess because doing so allows her to talk directly to Princess and ask as many questions as she wants or needs to. If she has a TA, then all questions must be routed through the TA, who may or may not spend as much time on the questions as the OP would like. Just a guess.... :)

Since this is your first cruise, why would you prefer booking through the cruise line? Why don't you try talking to a local travel agent or go on line to *****.com. and get their price and then get a price fromPprincess. You will then see the difference between a TA and a Princess rep. A lot of times when you call w/ questions, the people who answer the phones @ Princess don't know the correct answers! If you can find a local TA who is a Princess Commodore you will be in great shape or a good on line TA.

:)

Archived