Help Delta Changed My Flight Time Coming Home Will I Make It

:mad: THIS IS OUR FIRST CRUISE SAILING ON THE LIBERTY OF THE SEAS AUGUST 25. OUR ORIGINAL FLIGHT TIME WAS AT 11:00AM LEAVING OUT OF MIAMI AND NOW I GET AN EMAIL TODAY SAYING THAT OUR FLIGHT TIME HAS BEEN CHANGED TO 9:41AM WILL I MAKE THIS FLIGHT IF I CARRY MY LUGGAGE OFF MYSELF.:confused:

THANKS YOU

MAG

:mad: THIS IS OUR FIRST CRUISE SAILING ON THE LIBERTY OF THE SEAS AUGUST 25. OUR ORIGINAL FLIGHT TIME WAS AT 11:00AM LEAVING OUT OF MIAMI AND NOW I GET AN EMAIL TODAY SAYING THAT OUR FLIGHT TIME HAS BEEN CHANGED TO 9:41AM WILL I MAKE THIS FLIGHT IF I CARRY MY LUGGAGE OFF MYSELF.:confused:

THANKS YOU

MAG

IMHO you should have never booked the 11AM. You might make it as long as US Customs has cleared the ship. My rule of thumb is no fights before 1PM. Good Luck!

That's cutting it way too close. Call Delta (or whomever you booked the flight with) and tell them that you are a cruise passenger and this flight change is not doable for you. They should change you to a later flight without charge.

American just did that to me. :(

Go on the Delta website and see what other flights are leaving from your airport later that day. Then call and see if you can change to that later flight. I just had to do that with AA and got on a flight I know I can make.;)

Making that flight can be done if all goes well. I had a flight leaving at 12:30. I had early color tags, and arrived at the airport before 8 am. Went to the airtran counter and was changed to the 9 am flight home.

That being said, I have also used Delta before. They do this all the time. They changed my flight times 4 different times. Each time I noticed on the web page without them contacting me. Each time I called and they will change you to almost any flight you want if you let them know you can't make that flight. I ended up leaving a day early to get to the port because I told them the new time wouldn't work.

My advice is to call and get it changed for the sole reason that you don't want to have to worry about that throughout your cruise. Good luck.

That flight time is too early, call Delta and tell them, since they are the ones that changed your original flight time there will be no charge to get a time you can use.

I too got an email from Delta changing our connecting flight time, 25 min between flights in Atlanta and as of yesterday the flight from FLL is not even showing up on their website so no doubt I will be getting another change in my flights.

It sucks to have your flight times changed after you spent time finding the perfect flight!

Hope you get a decent flight time..

Bev

I would suggest calling Delta and telling them they need to work something else out for you. I did with our Delta flights and got all of our money back and booked with another carrier after they did that to us also.

We were off the Liberty at 6:15am a couple weeks ago. We didn't get breakfast and were ready to walk out of our cabins at exactly 6:15 AM when they made the announcement that Walk-Off passengers could leave.

There was no one in the atrium at all, no line to get off, nothing!!! :eek: We were shocked. The Customs check-point took the longest because all of their computers went down except one. We were maybe the 10th in line and it took 1/2 hr. Once through that, we went down the escalators, grabbed the only mini-van taxi and were off to the airport.

We checked in our bags (I had already printed our boarding passes online the day before), tagged them, handed them over and waited in the security line.

We were waiting at our gate by 7:30 AM. So, it CAN be done IF everything goes smoothly.

I'm having the same panics over here making to connection with a 12.00pm flight at MCO. We originally booked for 12.50pm flight, it was then changed to 1.10pm which gave us a 7 minute slot to change plans in Atlanta to make the connecting one???? Now we are on the 12pm flight with plenty of time for connection but still concerned about making the flight, still I think we will make it, even if there are a couple of hiccups on the way.

I did the self debarkation on the Navigator in Miami over Christmas and walked off the ship at 6am-- was at the airport by 715am.. If the authorities don't have any unusual delays in clearing the ship and you do Express departure you'll be fine. But better safe than sorry-- so I would call the airline and have them rebook you on a later flight.

I did the self debarkation on the Navigator in Miami over Christmas and walked off the ship at 6am-- was at the airport by 715am.. If the authorities don't have any unusual delays in clearing the ship and you do Express departure you'll be fine. But better safe than sorry-- so I would call the airline and have them rebook you on a later flight.

THANKS YOU

MAG

Coming into Miami and carrying our own luggage off we were able to get off the ship by 7:20 am. You would probably make your flight but for peace of mind you would probably be better off trying to switch to a later flight. No reason to be stressed out at the end of your cruise.

Your first mistake was choosing Delta!!!! (We had major problems with them....can you tell????) Try to get a different flight, preferrably with a different airline!:D

It's not just Delta regarding problems with airlines... they all pretty much have gone to hell and a hand bag. But I have to say that my past 5 flights using Delta beit DOmestic or international flights have been the most pleasurable of all the airlines I fly with yearly..... I think all airlines are just crap for the most part beit cancelled or delayed flights. But I have to say that as far as customer service, Delta has got most airlines beat in my travels with them in the past year or so.

You won't make a flight that early. I was in the 2nd group to get off the ship on the Enchantment this month and my flight was at 10:30pm. I barely made it.

Did you mean AM? Our American flight leaves MIA at 11:40, do you think its ok to do just the normal debarkation or should we do the early self- carry one?

Thanks!

I've routinely made post-cruise flights out of MIA as early as 8am. As others have pointed out, you need to do express / self debarkation, and then hope the ship docks in MIA on time. There is some risk involved, but if it was me, I would not change flight times - just have a sense of urgency and keep your fingers crossed.

I originally had a 10:20am flight out of Miami with delta. They just recently changed it, I happened to notice the leaving time from Philly , which was changed to a later time ( even though we are leaving a the day before the cruise) our connecting flight in GA. left before we even arrived in GA. I called Delta and with no problems at all they changed it , and now we will be leaving at 11AM to come home from Miami. I am very optimistic that we will not have a problem making that flight. We just got off the Liberty in June, there were some problems with the computers in customs and immigration, which delayed the debarkment. We still made it off the ship by 9:10 am ( we did not do self debarkment, we had a color) and were at the airport by 10am. Our flight was at 1:45 pm, so we had a lot of time to spare. I don't plan on doing self debarking for my 11AM flight either. Yes, I am aware that problems do occur and there is a chance of missing my flight. TY

Both time I have sailed out of Miami I have had a 10:30 flight, both times I have been at the airport by 8:15. I agree 9:41 is scary but it would be a breeze unless there was a customs issue.... Do self disembark and go straight to get a cab.....

Archived