?? About Use Of A Roll Away

AliceS

No, they don't. There are no cots.

If you have three or four people in your cabin, there will be accommodations for them within the cabin.

If you're in an inside cabin or balcony cabin, the third and fourth bunks will pull down from the ceiling or out from the wall.

Lew

We have traveled on many cruise lines with our son who is now a teen. It is not our experience that any cruise line provides a roll-away - not really safe on a moving vessel. When he was very young, we chose to use a travel play pen for his bed but, if I remember, we did have to book a cabin for 3 even though we did not use the third bed. On some ship/cruise lines, the room has a couch or love seat that folds out into a bed. It really depends upon the ship and cabin as to the third bed option. But, I have never known about roll-aways on a ship.

On my last cruise, 4 of my family members roomed together, and at night they brought in a roll away bed. I am not sure about the comfort of the bed, but more importantly it made the room extremly crowded, not even letting room to walk to the balcony or the bathroom. It was wall to wall beds...so that was more of an issue then anything. Try and see what other options are available and good luck.

On my last cruise, 4 of my family members roomed together, and at night they brought in a roll away bed. I am not sure about the comfort of the bed, but more importantly it made the room extremly crowded, not even letting room to walk to the balcony or the bathroom. It was wall to wall beds...so that was more of an issue then anything. Try and see what other options are available and good luck.

Was this on Princess?

Yes, Princess uses rollaway beds. They use them as a last resort and it makes the room very tight to get around at night. We had a room to accomodate three but had four in our family. The rollaway was placed in front of the balcony door!

Alice...how old is your child?

We just got off the Crown Princess and we had originally requested a rollaway bed for our ds who is 7 and a very restless sleeper. When I saw the size of the room and the fact that they would have to remove one of our 2 chairs and would block the door to the balcony with the bed we decided to decline the rollaway and go with the pull down bunk and hope that he didn't fall out :eek:

When he was younger we sailed on Celebrity and they would bring in a rollaway for him but the cabins were configured differently and the rollaway, while taking up floor space was not really a problem. They would fold it up during the day and lean it against the wall.

Someone on this board made a great suggestion to us telling us to tuck the ladder in alongside the edge of the bed making for a longer more secure railing. We ended up doing this and tying the ladder against the existing small railing with my husbands belts (necessity is the mother of invention right?). It all worked perfectly and my son LOVED his bunk bed.

Enjoy your cruise.

We have a rollaway requested for our 7 year in a balcony cabin on the Emerald Princess for 2nd September, there are 4 of us travelling. A few years ago we had flip out seat style bed on Star Sruises for her and it was ok.

She is 5 and when they had the pull down beds, daddy had to take the upper bunk. This time they will have the roll away and a pull down and they told them they will bring the roll away in at night only. They don't care about the room size. I would go nuts. They only go in the room to sleep and they think it's fun??? I love the idea of the ladder as extra protection for our grandson. He'll like that.

Archived