What is the approximate cost of toilets in Europe?

I know it will vary but I need to get an idea of what kind of change to keep on me when in port just in case.

If its change?

Thanks

Brenda

Peoria, AZ

I found 1 Euro to be the going rate, but sometimes less. Use the restroom at a coffee shop or restaurant where you purchase something, even just a coffee, and you can use them for free! Also, look for McDonalds!

I agree witht the previous writer... 1 euro or less in the public ones which aren't are numerous as hoped. Best to stop into a "coffee"/Bar stop and buy something and then ask to use the rest room.

just another heads up (no pun intended)....if you do stop into the coffee/bars and order a drink inside and stand there with it, its about 1/2 the cost then if you want to sit outside at the table and order the same drink!!

I found 1 Euro to be the going rate, but sometimes less. Use the restroom at a coffee shop or restaurant where you purchase something, even just a coffee, and you can use them for free! Also, look for McDonalds!

This was my experience too.

There were times when I was very grateful to find a Mickey D's. :eek:

BM ******************** MON-FRI *******$2.00

******************** SAT-SUN *******$4.00

UNLOAD COFFEE ********* MON-FRI *******$1.00

*********************** SAT-SUN *******$3.00

ON BOARD SHIP ********* SUN-SAT ANYTHING *** ON THE HOUSE.

SHIPBOARD PERK

Also keep some tissue handy in case thee is no paper...found this to be the case in some places.

We also were glad to see McD's...did not have to pay extra to sit inside and eat the food you just bought from them and we did not have to pay for the toilet :)

BM ******************** MON-FRI *******$2.00

******************** SAT-SUN *******$4.00

UNLOAD COFFEE ********* MON-FRI *******$1.00

*********************** SAT-SUN *******$3.00

ON BOARD SHIP ********* SUN-SAT ANYTHING *** ON THE HOUSE.

SHIPBOARD PERK

That's why I booked the private tours. Those local guides know where all the free potties are located. :D

Dave

Just in case no gal has seen this web site the site is www. thebathroomdiaries.com. I found it before I traveled to China; was naturally concerned about the slit toilets that I had heard so much of. But in the end I had no worry because our guides were very good at knowing where the clean western toilets were. If all else failed they have handicap facilities over there too. But I digress. Try the bathroom diaries where ordinary gals have rated the local facilities. This is true information straight from the trenches. And no matter where we are in the world, don't forget the t.p.

I know it will vary but I need to get an idea of what kind of change to keep on me when in port just in case.

If its change?

Thanks

Brenda

Peoria, AZ

40-60 cents (euros). I never had to pay because I was usually in a museum. My DH doesn't like museums so usually was wondering around while I was inside. He just gave me the prices to give you. Btw, Pisa was 60 but for 4 or 5 euros you can go into the Duomo Museum which has some nice displays as well as a great view and picture taking opportunity of the Tower from the Courtyard.

Yes - it's always coins, so keep a collection as sometimes there are turnstills to deposit money into.

Here is a top tip....

If you use a street toilet, do not sort your change anyplace near a drain in the gutter. Been there, done that, and after loosing a good portion of said change down the drain didn't have enough left to use the facilities!

Had to hobble about 10 blocks back to the hotel because it was very late at night and nothing was open, legs crossed the whole way!

Of course, the eventual relief never felt so good. Aaaaah!

Archived