Just off Majesty!

CLQ

Thanks, CLQ -- sorry I missed this thread before I posted a new one asking about Majesty experiences! We found a "blue light special" sale last night on this same itinerary and booked it for 9/10. Your comments have answered lots of my questions!:D

I'm particularly glad to read your comments about the ship not feeling small. Our favorite class is the Radiance -- we like the Voyager ships, but bigger isn't better in my book. However, I was a little worried about how Majesty would feel being so much smaller (and older!). Thanks for sharing...

Nancy D

Thanks, CLQ -- sorry I missed this thread before I posted a new one asking about Majesty experiences! We found a "blue light special" sale last night on this same itinerary and booked it for 9/10. Your comments have answered lots of my questions!:D

I'm particularly glad to read your comments about the ship not feeling small. Our favorite class is the Radiance -- we like the Voyager ships, but bigger isn't better in my book. However, I was a little worried about how Majesty would feel being so much smaller (and older!). Thanks for sharing...

Nancy D

Nancy, glad you found us. We're on Serenade in March, so I haven't experienced the Radiance class just yet. But at 77,000 gross tons, Majesty isn't too much smaller than the Radiance class ships at about 90,000. The size leap seems to come from Radiance class to Voyager (140,000 gr. tns). So, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Majesty is known for the small cabins. And, there aren't many balcony staterooms. Obviously, the glass you're used to on Radiance class won't be there either. But it's an awfully nice ship. Much about Majesty is literally brand new because they just did the refurbishment you've heard everybody refer to. Enjoy!

They billed this as being good for flights 3pm and after. I'd say that's not a bad guideline. They actually dropped us off at the airport by 12:30 in this instance. I suppose there could be delays that could cause you to run a little later than that at times.

In November we tried to take this excursion, however, they cancelled it because of low participation.

Is this excursion closer to Miami or Ft Lauderdale?

Do you know if there were others on the same excursrion flying out of FLL? According to the website the FLL excursion ends at 12pm, our flight is at 3:10pm (FLL) so as long as I can (overlooking any bad luck) be at the airport by 1:30pm I would feel comfortable.

Thanks for your posts!

Waters were pretty calm so we did make it ashore to Coco Cay. And, was that ever spectacular! Frankly, after Disney's Castaway Cay we thought we were spoiled for a private island. We thought this was at least as good. We had been to Labadee, and liked it a lot. But, now that we've been to Coco, it would honestly affect our choice of routes if all other factors were equal. We had a great day there. We felt there was a noticeable difference for the good between Coco and Labadee. RCI needs to get up off its wallet and work on Labadee IMHO. We should have some Webshots pics up soon, and if you guys are interested just remind me to put some thumbnail prints on this thread that will lead you into our gallery. It'll take us a few days to get to it.

Oh dear, CLQ, you and I have been such good friends for a while now and then you had to go and make these blasphemous statements about Labadee! Just kidding with you, but seriously, my take on Labadee/Coco Cay is the exact OPPOSITE of yours! Labadee is my favorite port of all time! I select itineraries just to make it back to Labadee! Coco Cay was..."ho-hum" in my opinion. Just another spruced-up Bahama Island. Beautiful where RCCL elected to make it beautiful but sort of scruffy everywhere else. I hold the same opinion of Castaway Cay. Don't get me wrong. I had a wonderful time at Coco Cay AND Castaway Cay, but it all felt rather man-made to me and so crowded at times. Labadee and all of Haiti and the surrounding islands were visually spectacular in my opinion! Truly lush and tropical and very pleasing to my eyes! God-made, not man-made. I am quite curious what you think RCCL needs to do to Labadee? I wouldn't change a thing! For me, every day at Labadee has been my most perfect day!

Here I am at Labadee on 2 different trips...Notice the crowds? There wasn't any! The first photo is taken mid-day too! No crowds at Hideaway beach on Labadee! I think most of the folks stopped at the first beach. The second photo was taken at about 9a.m. We were the ONLY people on the beach at Hideaway beach at that time! That's me floating in front of the ship! Awesome!

2303876410036355651S425x425Q85.jpg1036726356036355651S425x425Q85.jpg

Here is Coco Cay (taken from the ship as we departed)...

1378286654036355651S425x425Q85.jpg

I will admit the area that RCCL has maintained at Coco Cay is very pretty but shortly after I took this photo

ALL these chairs were full...1378286636036355651S425x425Q85.jpg

And here is Castaway Cay. Also beautiful but wholly cow was it crowded!

1067943154036355651S425x425Q85.jpg

So, anyway, different strokes for different folks! We are so lucky to have so many wonderful choices to choose from! I would happily visit either island though! But my preference is Labadee.

We are going on 8/17 and can't wait. I was unable to open your pictures, is there a trick I am missing. We are going to be on the 9th floor, have been on that floor before and the little extra room helps, Thanks for your postings.

I just saw the photos you had great weather. I like Labadee and Co co Cay both. If you walk around the island there are some private places. I have also noticed that if you leave later the ocean tends to get rougher.....so we leave earlier.

Wow you think that the lifeboats would be up that high? OK thanks. It's only 4 nights and I'm glad to have a window. :D

The view of the cabins on deck 9 is partially obstructed due to the lifeboats. The lifeboats themselves are below the window but when you look out you have to look over the lifeboats.

Oh dear, CLQ, you and I have been such good friends for a while now and then you had to go and make these blasphemous statements about Labadee! Just kidding with you, but seriously, my take on Labadee/Coco Cay is the exact OPPOSITE of yours!

So, anyway, different strokes for different folks! We are so lucky to have so many wonderful choices to choose from! I would happily visit either island though! But my preference is Labadee.

You said it. For what we look for, we've just enjoyed those 2 more. In fact, we were lying on the beach and one of us said, "Boy this is man-made but it's great!" They are different, and maybe you're right. Labadee might need to stay less developed and more rustic. Variety. We're soft and spoiled, and liked the man-made "enhancements" we found at CoCo. Something for everybody at RCI. I'd still like to see you work that 1688 pole, Bonnie.

In November we tried to take this excursion, however, they cancelled it because of low participation.

Is this excursion closer to Miami or Ft Lauderdale?

Do you know if there were others on the same excursrion flying out of FLL? According to the website the FLL excursion ends at 12pm, our flight is at 3:10pm (FLL) so as long as I can (overlooking any bad luck) be at the airport by 1:30pm I would feel comfortable.

Thanks for your posts!

They serve the Miami airport first, and there were a few people on our bus headed to FLL after they dropped us off. I'm not convenient to my printed excursion info they gave out, but I believe I remember them specifying 3pm or later flights from Miami and 4pm or later from FLL. I'd check with them on specifics and see.

You said it. For what we look for, we've just enjoyed those 2 more. In fact, we were lying on the beach and one of us said, "Boy this is man-made but it's great!" They are different, and maybe you're right. Labadee might need to stay less developed and more rustic. Variety. We're soft and spoiled, and liked the man-made "enhancements" we found at CoCo. Something for everybody at RCI. I'd still like to see you work that 1688 pole, Bonnie.

pole%2520dance%2520class%2520A.jpg

Archived