Just off Majesty!

CLQ

CKQ, what time did this excursion end? I'd like to take this excursion but according to the RCCL site our flight is an hour too early. Thanks!

They billed this as being good for flights 3pm and after. I'd say that's not a bad guideline. They actually dropped us off at the airport by 12:30 in this instance. I suppose there could be delays that could cause you to run a little later than that at times.

Did you make it to Coco Cay?

To add to that, how was tendering it if you did make it. The only negative part of our trip was it took 3 hours to get off the ship. We nearly missed lunch! Majesty and Souverign were there the same day. (not sure if that is normal)

To add to that, how was tendering it if you did make it. The only negative part of our trip was it took 3 hours to get off the ship. We nearly missed lunch! Majesty and Souverign were there the same day. (not sure if that is normal)

BillOh, great to hear from you. We had the island to ourselves, and there were no problems tendering at all. We were on the first tender over that morning, and probably on the island by no later than 8:30 or 9am. We were in the water snorkeling by no later than 9:30.

Revisiting the question of the weather at CocoCay in December. The fact is that the weather that month could be fabulous or it could be chilly-- not freezing, but chilly. There's just no way to know very much in advance. Your chances are greater that the weather will be dreamy, but a chilly snap can blow in once in awhile in December just so you know.

I'm still building my Webshots album for this trip, but here are a few that respond to some earlier posts. Click on any of the thumbnails below and you can see the album.

2300387330039822749QNmnTV_th.jpg2452179850039822749oSAfSM_th.jpg2325931380039822749iflwfy_th.jpg2978768000039822749MuPQbR_th.jpg

Waters were pretty calm so we did make it ashore to Coco Cay. And, was that ever spectacular! Frankly, after Disney's Castaway Cay we thought we were spoiled for a private island. We thought this was at least as good. We had been to Labadee, and liked it a lot. But, now that we've been to Coco, it would honestly affect our choice of routes if all other factors were equal. We had a great day there. We felt there was a noticeable difference for the good between Coco and Labadee. RCI needs to get up off its wallet and work on Labadee IMHO. We should have some Webshots pics up soon, and if you guys are interested just remind me to put some thumbnail prints on this thread that will lead you into our gallery. It'll take us a few days to get to it.

thanks for the reply! I love Coco Cay too. I can't wait to get there again in October, I'm keeping my fingers crossed! :)

Hi, can you tell me the name of the Caribbean band on the Majesty?

I believe the name of the group was "Flare." They were pretty good. Played pretty often, especially on the pool deck.

Thanks for posting your cruise pictures! I will be sailing on the Majesty in August with my family, and I've been looking for a few updated pictures to show them.

Just got the last ones captioned. The Majesty cruise album will have a few now that you didn't see earlier. And, for anyone curious about the Everglades Tour after docking back in Miami, that's at the end. Great way to kill time before return flight.

Hey - we are taking the 3 night in Sept. What were the "daily drink" specials like? Do you remember the cost?

Thanks,

Fireside

They're all $5.95. In this order, they were Blue Monday (sailaway day), Bahama Mama (Nassau), Firecracker (CoCo Cay), Mango Cooler (Key West). We didn't try any of them, so no ratings. EBQ did have a Mojito from Boleros and enjoyed it much. We were on a 4-nighter. Don't know how that may correspond.

They're all $5.95. In this order, they were Blue Monday (sailaway day), Bahama Mama (Nassau), Firecracker (CoCo Cay), Mango Cooler (Key West). We didn't try any of them, so no ratings. EBQ did have a Mojito from Boleros and enjoyed it much. We were on a 4-nighter. Don't know how that may correspond.

Thanks a bunch!

Is there a martini special?

Syndyj,

Hi, EBQ here, CLQ's dw...was reading over the posts and saw your question about martini specials...they did not have a daily special that was listed in the compass, like the drink specials. However, on the first day from 5-7 pm, they had Martini Hour in the Viking Crown Lounge. Funny how on a cruise ship, time expands....

Syndyj,

Hi, EBQ here, CLQ's dw...was reading over the posts and saw your question about martini specials...they did not have a daily special that was listed in the compass, like the drink specials. However, on the first day from 5-7 pm, they had Martini Hour in the Viking Crown Lounge. Funny how on a cruise ship, time expands....

Thanks for the information, I really appreciate it :)

I'ts me again! :D

your room: was it a superior oceanview? It looked comfy for 2 people.

Ours was an F-1 Oceanview. Cabin 5570. I don't believe it was a Superior. It was tiny. Majesty is known for its small cabins and this one was as advertized. For 2 of us, we were often having to be creative in how to cooperate so that we shared the space fairly. We would do a room that small again, but hope not to soon.

CLQ, thanks for all your helpful info. My DD & I are booked on Majesty for their New Year's Eve cruise in a Superior Ocean View cabin on Deck 9. It indicates we have an obstructed view, I was thinking it was because there was a walking deck around that deck. Is that correct? I'm hoping there will be other teenagers on board during that time to keep my 15 yr old busy. Our stops are Cococay and Key West. Haven't been to Cococay since 1992, so it should be a pleasant surprise. I hope we make it there.

Anne

Annefran,

Deck seven is the "walking deck." On deck nine you might have a lifeboat.

Wow you think that the lifeboats would be up that high? OK thanks. It's only 4 nights and I'm glad to have a window. :D

Annefran,

Deck seven is the "walking deck." On deck nine you might have a lifeboat.

That was my thought exactly. Promenade deck is 7. If it's not too late to get down like deck 5, you might consider that move. That is, if you can get a room in the category you're wanting. Less noise and obstruction. Because there's not a lined-off walking track as such on deck 12, a lot of folks use deck 7 as the "walking" deck. My TA told me that noise can radiate through cabins on decks 6 and 7 at times if there are joggers. We went up top one morning to walk, only to find them pressure washing deck 12 in 2 places. Pretty hard to NOT exercise on deck 7. I realize the question was about deck 9, but if a move is tempting you might want to take into account what happens on some of these others too.

Wow you think that the lifeboats would be up that high? OK thanks. It's only 4 nights and I'm glad to have a window. :D
I know that as we walked on deck 7, we looked up at the bottoms of the lifeboats. On deck 9, it's not the boats themselves it could be the hoist mechanisms, etc. Not sure exactly what it would be.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post! YOu make it a little easier fo rall of us to get throuhg our dull dreary days, as tim eslowly moves forward util our long anticipated CRUISE! I will be on the MOS Oct 22nd for the second ti,me. Can't wait to see the refurbished beauty!

RCCL Majesty of the Sea 2003

Caribbean Princess 2004

Caribbean Princess 2005

Carnival Liberty 2007

Thank you so much for taking the time to post! YOu make it a little easier fo rall of us to get throuhg our dull dreary days, as tim eslowly moves forward util our long anticipated CRUISE! I will be on the MOS Oct 22nd for the second ti,me. Can't wait to see the refurbished beauty!

Obviously we couldn't know how to compare it with the pre-refurbishment Majesty. But we were really impressed with the little ship. In fact, as I said earlier--we decided there really aren't any little ships. This was plenty of ship. It was tasteful, attractive and a really smooth ride. Outstanding service, great staff. Please say hello to Dudley and Lydar in the Moonlight DR! We enjoyed them as waiters.

Archived