CB out of NY August 2008?

sunluva7

We are thinking of taking our third Princess cruise next summer to the Caribbean. August is our only option, and the only Caribbean cruise showing on the schedule for next August is the CB out of New York. I'm not crazy about the itinerary as it doesn't stop at Princess Cays and is only scheduled for Eastern, not Western. The scheduled ports are San Juan, Grand Turk, St. Thomas, and Bermuda. My crazy husband is only interested in the Caribbean and does not wish to explore the Med. or Alaska cruises.:( A plus for us on the NY departure is that we have no air fare to worry about as we are in driving distance. Does anyone know if there will be any Western or Eastern cruises out of FLL next summer? Any thoughts on the New York Eastern itinerary?

We are thinking of taking our third Princess cruise next summer to the Caribbean. August is our only option, and the only Caribbean cruise showing on the schedule for next August is the CB out of New York. I'm not crazy about the itinerary as it doesn't stop at Princess Cays and is only scheduled for Eastern, not Western. The scheduled ports are San Juan, Grand Turk, St. Thomas, and Bermuda. My crazy husband is only interested in the Caribbean and does not wish to explore the Med. or Alaska cruises.:( A plus for us on the NY departure is that we have no air fare to worry about as we are in driving distance. Does anyone know if there will be any Western or Eastern cruises out of FLL next summer? Any thoughts on the New York Eastern itinerary?

Princess will not be going to the Carribean at all until fall 2008. So if you want Princess, NY is your only option. We are doing the cruise from NY at the end of May. Since it is 9 days, we feel it will be good. We have seen all the ports except GT. Always we find something new to do..Love not having to fly! :)

Thanks for the info. We have onboard credits from our last cruise which is why we are sticking with Princess next summer. I agree that it will be nice not having to fly and hope to save money on the pre-travel to make up for the expensive cabin prices. And you are also right about the sea days - my favorite part of any cruise!:D

your husband must have a strong desire for the warmth of the Caribbean in contrast to the cold of Alaska. in any case, any husband willing to take his wife on a cruise should never be called crazy by his wife.

I'm in a similiar situation. Summer is the only time that we can cruise. My DH will not take a cruise if certain destinations are included, Alaska is not hot enough for this southern belle, and N.Y. is 2 1/4 hours away from home. We are also sailing the CB out of N.Y. on July 28 and Aug. 8, 2008. The itinararies are just slightly different. I sincerely wish that Princess would make some changes before our departure (LOL). Maybe, we'll be on the CB at the same time and will meet at the "Greet".

Not sure if you can touch a little into July...but their is a cruise leaving July 28-Aug. 6. Instead of Bermuda, the ship is going to St. Marteens, so the entire time is in the Caribbean.

Thanks. We considered July 28, but we went to St. Martin on the CB last year, and wanted Bermuda for a change. And because of our schedules, August usually works better for us. Actually, when we were on the CB last year, we were dreaming of our next cruise out of NY on the Crown. Unfortunately, we didn't realize the Crown was not sailing next summer to the Caribbean. But, no matter, we like the CB and are looking forward to it in 2008!:D

I'm in a similiar situation. Summer is the only time that we can cruise. My DH will not take a cruise if certain destinations are included, Alaska is not hot enough for this southern belle, and N.Y. is 2 1/4 hours away from home. We are also sailing the CB out of N.Y. on July 28 and Aug. 8, 2008. The itinararies are just slightly different. I sincerely wish that Princess would make some changes before our departure (LOL). Maybe, we'll be on the CB at the same time and will meet at the "Greet".

SeaTeach:

Are you doing a double sailing? You mean August 6, (not 8th) right,? Because that's the cruise I've been pricing. I'm close to booking - I'm just waiting for the TA to throw me a bone:) ;) I'll join you in Roll Call when its a go! We chose 8/6 over 7/28 because we did both St. Thomas and St. Martin on the last cruise, and decided Bermuda would be a change of pace. I'm surprised Princess only has one ship to the Caribbean next summer, so if we want the Caribbean with Princess for next August, there isn't much to pick from.

janetz....

I've searched and searched....

Will the CB leave from Brooklyn or Manhattan? :confused:

Princess will not be going to the Carribean at all until fall 2008. So if you want Princess, NY is your only option. something Love not having to fly! :)

janetz....

I've searched and searched....

Will the CB leave from Brooklyn or Manhattan? :confused:

Red Hook Terminal in Brooklyn. I think Princess is the only line using it? That would be nice, with just one ship in port when we return. :)

SeaTeach:

Are you doing a double sailing? You mean August 6, (not 8th) right,? Because that's the cruise I've been pricing. I'm close to booking - I'm just waiting for the TA to throw me a bone:) ;) I'll join you in Roll Call when its a go! We chose 8/6 over 7/28 because we did both St. Thomas and St. Martin on the last cruise, and decided Bermuda would be a change of pace. I'm surprised Princess only has one ship to the Caribbean next summer, so if we want the Caribbean with Princess for next August, there isn't much to pick from.

Hi Sunluva! Thanks for the correction-- August 6 is indeed the correct sailing date and yes we are doing a double even though there are slim pickings. BUT, sailing is sailing and all will be just fine. Hope to meet you at the "Greet"

And that is why in insides start at 1100.00 :eek: NY is pricey to sail out of anyways. :)

NYC is not pricey to those who live within driving distance and don't have to spend several hundred dollars in airfare.

If you're used to sailing on 7 day cruises, you have to judge by the price per day of a longer cruise to see if the price is comparable.

A nine day cruise for $1,100 translates to $855 for 7 days. If you would pay that for 7 days, then the cost for 9 days is not pricey. You can't expect to pay the same for 9 days as you do for 7.

We too are booked on this cruise with our friends from the Uk and this is the only time of year they can go, not my choice but a cruise is a cruise. We sailed from Brooklyn on the Crown last year but only got a 7 day cruise as it was on the one that tipped and it terminated in Florida. Just done a 12 day Med and it was superb, the longer you cruise the better right!! We stayed in Manhatten for few days prior and plan to do the same this time, the only trouble was finding a cabbie to go off mahhatten to the cruise ship terminal!!!

I did start a roll call but no -one joined so maybe we can start another

Terry

NYC is not pricey to those who live within driving distance and don't have to spend several hundred dollars in airfare.

If you're used to sailing on 7 day cruises, you have to judge by the price per day of a longer cruise to see if the price is comparable.

A nine day cruise for $1,100 translates to $855 for 7 days. If you would pay that for 7 days, then the cost for 9 days is not pricey. You can't expect to pay the same for 9 days as you do for 7.

I live in NY and don't find that to be true - we paid less for a 7 day Southern Caribbean on the Crown with airfare to San Juan than we just paid for a 7 day on the Caribbean Princess in Sept. 2008 for a Canadian/New England tour. Our cruise to San Juan with a balcony cabin cost $1100 with air - we are paying more than that for next year WITH a group discount.

It just costs more to cruise out of NY - but we booked because I am sick and tired of the delays in flying in and out of NY.

We too are booked on this cruise with our friends from the Uk and this is the only time of year they can go, not my choice but a cruise is a cruise. We sailed from Brooklyn on the Crown last year but only got a 7 day cruise as it was on the one that tipped and it terminated in Florida. Just done a 12 day Med and it was superb, the longer you cruise the better right!! We stayed in Manhatten for few days prior and plan to do the same this time, the only trouble was finding a cabbie to go off mahhatten to the cruise ship terminal!!!

I did start a roll call but no -one joined so maybe we can start another

Terry

Terry -

We just booked this sailing today, and hubby and I just jump-started your Roll Call again for this cruise, so I'll see you over there. Maybe we can get it rolling again.:D

I live in NY and don't find that to be true - we paid less for a 7 day Southern Caribbean on the Crown with airfare to San Juan than we just paid for a 7 day on the Caribbean Princess in Sept. 2008 for a Canadian/New England tour. Our cruise to San Juan with a balcony cabin cost $1100 with air - we are paying more than that for next year WITH a group discount.

It just costs more to cruise out of NY - but we booked because I am sick and tired of the delays in flying in and out of NY.

We had a great balcony on the Baja deck for less than what we are paying for an outside this time...But, it WILL be worth it! :D

We had a great balcony on the Baja deck for less than what we are paying for an outside this time...But, it WILL be worth it! :D

We were on the Baja deck out of San Juan. It really spoiled us, so we did take a balcony on the Aloha deck on the CB Sept. 28, 2008. It was $105 more p/p for the balcony than an oceanview, so what the heck!

We were on the Baja deck out of San Juan. It really spoiled us, so we did take a balcony on the Aloha deck on the CB Sept. 28, 2008. It was $105 more p/p for the balcony than an oceanview, so what the heck!

Love the balcony..but can't cruise September. I watch the prices and promo's like a hawk so you never know. We are never in our cabin anyways.:D

• 3 months later...

Archived