Just returned home from Crown Princess

herb

Returned home this afternoon to drenching rain in NYC... we were soaked and cold when walked through our front door. YUCK!

We had a very nice time on the Crown Princess and enjoyed our ports of call. I will write a full review in the near future focusing on the good and not so good of our cruise.

Some quick points:

Good ---> layout of cabins; cruise director & his staff; cleanliness and upkeep of ship; great brownies; plus many more wonderful things :D

Not so good ---> CROWDS,CROWDS,CROWDS everrywhere :eek:

Of course my review will be extensive and explain everything I've mentioned... but right now all I want to do is SLEEP

Welcome home, Herb! Sorry to hear about the rain. I'm on the next sailing (8/01) and have a question for you, when you are ready to answer it: we have early seating, 6 pm. The ship sails under the Verrazano Bridge at approx. 5.45 and I'm worried about having to rush to the dining room and miss out on taking all those wonderful pictures. What time did you get access to your cabin? I'm hoping we can change before sailaway so as to save time. Thanks.

Welcome home, Herb! Sorry to hear about the rain. I'm on the next sailing (8/01) and have a question for you, when you are ready to answer it: we have early seating, 6 pm. The ship sails under the Verrazano Bridge at approx. 5.45 and I'm worried about having to rush to the dining room and miss out on taking all those wonderful pictures. What time did you get access to your cabin? I'm hoping we can change before sailaway so as to save time. Thanks.

We had access to our cabins immediately upon boarding which was at 12 noon. Our luggage luckily arrived by 2pm so we were unpacked by the time muster drill took place and we went up for sailaway... but don't worry about that too much since many passengers don't get their luggage until after dinner time, Worrying about arriving on time for dinner should not be a priority. Standing on the open decks as you sail under the Verazzano IS a priority. :D

If you show up a few minutes late to dinner the first night it won't be that bad, and it will have been worth it being late.

Enjoy your cruise.

I already welcomed you home Herb! :p (on C@) I just want to ask about those brownies....better than CCL Chocolate Melting Cake??? Can't wait to read your review(s)

the brownies as well as the "soft batch" chocolate and chocolate chip cookies in the buffet area were a hit They were alot better than some of those fancy shmancy cakes.

We had access to our cabins immediately upon boarding which was at 12 noon. Our luggage luckily arrived by 2pm so we were unpacked by the time muster drill took place and we went up for sailaway... but don't worry about that too much since many passengers don't get their luggage until after dinner time, Worrying about arriving on time for dinner should not be a priority. Standing on the open decks as you sail under the Verazzano IS a priority. :D

If you show up a few minutes late to dinner the first night it won't be that bad, and it will have been worth it being late.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks, Herb. You have eased my worries. You are right, standing on the open decks at sailaway should be a priority. I'd be willing to go hungry the first night to be able to take those pictures!....not that there's any danger of that happening on a cruise ship:D.

Oh, one more thing..(sorry, don't mean to keep you from your long-awaited nap) What time was the sea food buffet? Did you try it?

Thanks, Herb. You have eased my worries. You are right, standing on the open decks at sailaway should be a priority. I'd be willing to go hungry the first night to be able to take those pictures!....not that there's any danger of that happening on a cruise ship:D.

Oh, one more thing..(sorry, don't mean to keep you from your long-awaited nap) What time was the sea food buffet? Did you try it?

We missed the first seafood buffet ( on sailaway day), because we decided to go to the dining room (we had late seating); the second seafood buffet was on the second formal night. We skipped the second formal night and opted for the seafood buffet. It was very good.

Glad you had a great time and we too are sailing on 8/1 and the anticipation of your review is killing me so please Herb come back asap and post after we allow you an hour worth of sleep LOL

Reply to above question:

I was on the same cruise and the Patter said that the "Seafood Extravaganza Buffet" was in Horizon Buffet - 5:30-11 pm.

One thing to remember ... the ship may not sail at 5:00! I can see the CROWN sail out from my office (usually, depending on weather ... yesterday you couldn't see a thing). Several nights it has sailed out after 5:30. Usually, this is related to late arriving passengers whose flights have been delayed (weather?). (Remember last year's fueling mishap?) Anyway, first night things go a bit slow, and they are still seating people at 6:15 or so. But, on the other side of the coin, it takes about 45-55 minutes from the Manhattan cruise terminal; Brooklyn is less, since there are no ferries to contend with this far south.

In any event, enjoy the cruise (I'm sure you will)!

Enjoy your cruise.

Thank you for that, i have been on two previous sailings out of NY and each time i missed going under the bridge because of dinner and the people in my group not wanting to be late. I am on the same sailing as Sailor Jo (8/1) and I WILL be up on the top deck when we sail under the bridge.

This is where i'll be for sail away

293402923_91c9981b27.jpg?v=0

POST YOUR REVIEW!! I am anxious to read it:D

One thing to remember ... the ship may not sail at 5:00! I can see the CROWN sail out from my office (usually, depending on weather ... yesterday you couldn't see a thing). Several nights it has sailed out after 5:30. Usually, this is related to late arriving passengers whose flights have been delayed (weather?). (Remember last year's fueling mishap?) Anyway, first night things go a bit slow, and they are still seating people at 6:15 or so. But, on the other side of the coin, it takes about 45-55 minutes from the Manhattan cruise terminal; Brooklyn is less, since there are no ferries to contend with this far south.

In any event, enjoy the cruise (I'm sure you will)!

Wow, hadn't thought of that! Thanks for mentioning that possibility. If that should happen e will forego the dining room for that night and go for the seafodd buffet. I want to take it nice and easy, not rush into anything.:)

Thanks also to Herb and PreciousPetal for your information.

Play21, Oraf, we're almost there!:eek: :D :eek: :D

2nd Seafood Buffet?? Is it a repeat of the 1st or is it done differently ??

Please tell us more.

The first one was more of a cold seafood buffet, lobster, shrimp cocktail, crab legs....the 2nd had the lobster claws, fried shrimp, clams and mussels, crabs, and some other stuff that I can't recall. I didnt eat there but I did walk by to see what they had.

I was on 7/14 cruise. We went under the bridge at 5:45 and then a mad dash to our cabin to change for Dinner. We were on board by 12:00 and had access to our cabin right away. I hope this helps!

I want to be at the highest point on that ship. Direct us please. Sailor Jo are you joining us LOL. And yes guys we are almost there. Start posting on the Roll call because I want to make 700th post and then crazy 800 post!

I want to be at the highest point on that ship. Direct us please. Sailor Jo are you joining us LOL. And yes guys we are almost there. Start posting on the Roll call because I want to make 700th post and then crazy 800 post!

Deck 19 accessable by only the two left aft elevators (Princess Links is up there along with the basketball court. You will only be a few feet from the VZ bridge when you sail under her.

Are you kidding? I must be having an out-of-body experience 'cause I'm on that ship already...at least that's what it's felt like for the past two months :D

Thank you for that, i have been on two previous sailings out of NY and each time i missed going under the bridge because of dinner and the people in my group not wanting to be late. I am on the same sailing as Sailor Jo (8/1) and I WILL be up on the top deck when we sail under the bridge.

This is where i'll be for sail away

293402923_91c9981b27.jpg?v=0

POST YOUR REVIEW!! I am anxious to read it:D

This is PRECISELY where my DH and I spent sailaway on the 6/17 sailing! It was perfect and you are as high as you can be. There was hardly a crowd - just a bit windy, but amazing!

Archived