RB's Daily WW Chat

RB Bonzo

I have done the same thing in the past. I dont want to go down that road again. Sometimes i will eat bad and think later well i already messed up today so what is the difference i continue to make bad choices the rest of the day, and sometimes the next.

I WI today and was down another lb, after my day yesterday I couldn't believe it so weighed twice to make sure and I even had my glasses on.

Also went to journal and realized that I hadn't written since Thursday breakfast even though I had done it in my mind and often write on a postit at work after lunch, so I cought up on that and made myself some oatmeal for breakfast and back on track today!!!

gotta share this. Yesterday, I confessed that I had stopped journaling, had gotten off program, and showed a 4 lb gain on the bathroom scale. I also proclaimed my recommitment to the program and said, among other things, that I was going to go to a meeting and take my lumps w/ the gain.

Well, I didn't have a chance to go yesterday. I usually attend meetings during the week at a location near my office. The closest meeting to my house is about 12 miles away - and I decided to bicycle there. So, I did. Between staying at the low range of points yesterday, running last night, and the bike ride prior to weigh in, I actually managed to lose .6 lbs!! So, my streak of official weigh-in losses remains intact dating to my start date in early April.

May it continue all the way to Onderland!

I plan to do this more often - the ML is the best I've ever seen. I used to go to this location (14 years ago!), and I had remembered how good she was. She remembered me, too

gotta share this. Yesterday, I confessed that I had stopped journaling, had gotten off program, and showed a 4 lb gain on the bathroom scale. I also proclaimed my recommitment to the program and said, among other things, that I was going to go to a meeting and take my lumps w/ the gain.

Well, I didn't have a chance to go yesterday. I usually attend meetings during the week at a location near my office. The closest meeting to my house is about 12 miles away - and I decided to bicycle there. So, I did. Between staying at the low range of points yesterday, running last night, and the bike ride prior to weigh in, I actually managed to lose .6 lbs!! So, my streak of official weigh-in losses remains intact dating to my start date in early April.

May it continue all the way to Onderland!

I plan to do this more often - the ML is the best I've ever seen. I used to go to this location (14 years ago!), and I had remembered how good she was. She remembered me, too

That is amazing WTG!!!

Did you check what your scale said at home this morning??

:) :)

Well done on the pound itdjbw..BTW, do you have another name that would be easier to type. :)

RB, congrats on doing better than you thought. Keep up the good work.

Here is the recipe, as promised.

Chicken Korma

200g skinless boneless chicken (or Turkey), cut into strips

1 clove garlic, roughly chopped

1 small onion, chopped

2 tblsps skimmed milk

Low fat oil spray

1 tsp curry powder

1 tblsp ground almonds

50g half-fat creme fraiche

Salt and pepper

Fresh coriander to serve

1. Put garlic, onion and milk in food processor and make a paste. Or chop very finely.

2. Spray a non-stick pan and gently saute chicken till firm. Remove and set aside. Add onion paste and cook gently for a few minutes till softened.

3. Return chicken to pan, sprinkle in curry powder and almonds. Season and cook for another few minutes. Stir in Creme Fraiche and retun to a simmer. Check seaoning and stir in Coriander to serve.

Very good with Basmati Rice and perhaps some veg curry.

Julia,

It is a thick version of sour cream. Very popular over here for cooking instead of fresh cream. The low fat version is still highish in fat though. You could substitute low fat sour cream if that does not curdle on heating. It is the almonds which make it authentic.

10.30pm here now. Off to bed to nurse my cold. Boo Hoo.

Resuming the PERSISTENCE theme, the "C" stands for Celebrating Small Steps. This is closely related to the first "S," which was "Setting Small Goals" But, this part of the formula relates to REWARDING yourself for doing well.

I keep high quality, dark chocolate around the house, but I have a rule that I stick with (most of the time, anyway :p) - that chocolate is only to be eaten when I have unused AP's on days when I met my exercise goals.

What do you to reward yourself for meeting your goals?

Onward & downward!

MY BAD!! I posted the thanks on the wrong WW board. I did make this recipe and the whole family liked it. I wish the poster had given the points for it but I guess we can figure it out on our own (damn math!! - LOL). ENJOY. Will post more later. Colleen

Barley Vegatable Pilaf....

2 tablespoons olive oil

1/2 cup chopped onion

1 red pepper chopped

1 cup sliced mushrooms

1 clove garlic minced

freshly ground pepper

1 cup fat free reduced sodium chicken broth

3/4 cup quick cook barley

1 cup chopped fresh spinach

2 Roma tomatoes peeled seeded and chopped

1/4 cup minced fresh basil

3 tablespoons grated f/f parmesan

heat oil in saucepan or deep skillet add onion and saute until tender. Stir in red pepper, mushrooms and garlic and saute until red pepper is tender. Season generously with black pepper. Add broth, heat to boil and stir in barley. Cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 mins or until barley is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in spinach, tomatoes and basil. Cook uncovered 1 to 2 mins or until spinach is wilted. Spoon into serving bowl and sprinkle with parmesan.

MY BAD!! I posted the thanks on the wrong WW board. I did make this recipe and the whole family liked it. I wish the poster had given the points for it but I guess we can figure it out on our own (damn math!! - LOL). ENJOY. Will post more later. Colleen

Thanks for posting - this is something I would enjoy but I'm the only one in my family that eats mushrooms or spinach :rolleyes:

Julia,

It is a thick version of sour cream. Very popular over here for cooking instead of fresh cream. The low fat version is still highish in fat though. You could substitute low fat sour cream if that does not curdle on heating. It is the almonds which make it authentic.

10.30pm here now. Off to bed to nurse my cold. Boo Hoo.

Thanks I will try that when we get back from our cruise as I am trying to use up what is in the house over the next 2 weeks.

Julia, I like the sound of the Barley Pilaf. Will need to adapt it as I am not keen on Spinach. How many ounces are in a cup measure? I know that that is the standard way of doing things in the US but we don't use cup measures here.

Cinna

Hey Cinna,

The Pilaf recipe is really good and you could easily omit the spinach. I used swiss chard from my garden (which is really similar to spinach - but I LOVE both of them!).

Anyway, you asked about ounces to cups. There are 8 liquid ounces in a cup - roughly 250 ML. What is the conversion for grams into ounces on your recipe? I forget that we are still behind the world on this whole metric thing. Your dish sounds really good. Hubby doesn't like curry but I would think it must add a ton of flavor into it. Do you have a spice suggestion to alter it? Thanks.

To date I don't think I have rewarded myself with anything in a physical form. Yes, I have purchased new clothes when the old ones didn't fit but I don't think of that as a reward but more as a necessity. A part of me feels like taking care of myself with physical exercise and healthy eating is what I should be doing (lifelong) so the reward is just how amazingly better I feel. I guess if anything I am taking time for myself. That would be my reward. I don't feel guilty spending time away from my family while I am at the gym or out for a run. In the past I have put others in my life and their needs WAY ahead of my own and in the process I had lost a part of myself. Since I started appreciating myself more (last November) I have a totally different outlook. If I don't appreciate myself, who will? With this changed outlook it has motivated me to go back to college and fulfill a lifelong dream (career change).

Julia, I like the sound of the Barley Pilaf. Will need to adapt it as I am not keen on Spinach. How many ounces are in a cup measure? I know that that is the standard way of doing things in the US but we don't use cup measures here.

Cinna

I never posted that recipe but there are 8oz in a cup.

AR2G,

Sorry I called you Julia and muddled you up with itdjbw!!!!!

I can't remember what gram amount was in the recipe, but there are 454 grams to the pound (16 ozs). I will need to try measuring 8 ounces in my jug to get the cup measure. The Chicken Korma is very mild. That is a very small amount of curry powder. 'Curry' is actually a mixture of many spices, including Cumin, Cardomom, Coriander (spice, not herb), Chilli and Turmeric. In the Indian subcontintent the cuisine varies enormously by area and there are many variations. 'Curry' was probably invented by the Brits during the days of The Raj as a name for all local dishes.

I am having a veggie day today. Mushroom Curry and Rice for lunch and a WW mini pizza with salad for supper. Yes..............curry again!

Cinna

Cinn - I checked my measuring cup and its 240 ml equals a cup. Does that help? I think I will make the recipe you posted as stated and see what hubby says about it. I love trying new things so I'll give it a shot. I am making a dish tonight that was posted on another site - if its good I will post it as well. Colleen (also known as AR2G)

Julia - only 12 days until your cruise!!! I just noticed that - mine is coming up in 24! Can't wait. I am nervous about going overboard with food and drink while away on vacation. Do you have a plan in place for how you will handle it or are you just going to enjoy? It is so easy to have extras here and there (rolls with dinner, dessert) - hopefully the running I am planning on doing will keep some pounds at bay and of course all the good choices I will make (fingers crossed!!)

viewpost.gif

At my meeting today, we talked about the importance of Persistence in weight loss. I copied the following from the ML's flip-chart:

Patience is key

Exercise

Realistic expectations

Set small goals

Inspiration from others

Satisfaction in meals and snacks

Tools for living

Examine your nutritional choices

Nix the negative thinking

Celebrating small steps

Enjoy the journey

There's a lot of really good material there, so I thought that rather than racking my brain to come up w/ a new topic every day, we can work our way through these, one at a time.

Well, I've made it to the end of the Persistence threads - and we've saved my favorite for last. Enjoy the Journey.

Are you enjoying your weight loss journey? How? How has this assisted you?

I've come up with a motto that captures my philosophy of weight loss - "I am living the lifestyle of the thin person that I am in the process of becoming." I have adopted a way of living, exercising, and eating that promotes health and fitness and that will eventually lead me to an appropriate weight.

I am exercising because I enjoy it and the way that it makes me feel today. I do not view it as an unpleasant task that will eventually lead me to some other goal.

I am enjoying the food that I eat now. I am not depriving myself for future benefits.

I feel good. I am energetic. I look better. I am not focusing on feeling better, having more energy, or looking better at some future date.

By focusing on the lifestyle, I am enjoying the journey. By focusing less on ultimate outcomes, the prospects of that ultimate outcome are much better.

What do you think?

Onward and downward!

RB - I AM enjoying this journey! I have tried to think of my current diet and exercise routine as a forever thing - not a destination I have to get to. I do not see a finish line this time - just a very healthy, long road. In the past when I have lost weight (and I have 3 times - 40+ lbs to goal) I have thought of goal as a graduation of sorts. My mindset was that I made it to the finish line, now I can do what I want. Not this time! This is for ME and if I want to live a very long, HEALTHY life then this is the road WELL travelled.

I tried RB's lentil recipe last night and DH even liked it with the curry in it! Thanks for posting. I had never tried lentils before and enjoyed this recipe a lot. Can we post more of our favorites?? I love trying new foods. I will be trying Chicken Korma at the end of the week - thanks Cinn.

Archived