Just Back From Crown Princess 7/14 Sailing

renata102

I was also on 7/14 sailing. I totally agree that St. Thomas was best would love to have spent more time there. Did the PR Rainforest - sorry Boring:( Unlike some we found the staff to be incredibly friendly just lucky I quess. As far as Disembarkation goes one word RAINGEAR:eek: . There is no shelter to speak of if it's a windy rain and was it ever. Great Ship.:)

I was also on this sailing (We met briefly at the Meet & Greet). I have yet to write my review (I hope to have it up by the weekend). My companion & I had a great time, but also found on more than one occasion that some of the staff (especially at the Passenger Services Desk) to be extremely rude and unhelpful. While we did have some great staff experiences (our cabin steward Cornel was awesome!), overall I was dissapointed with the service levels and found that it completely contradicted their C.R.U.I.S.E. ***** (Courtesy, Respect, Unparalleled in Service Excellence). I still had a great time but found they have a lot of work to do in this area. :)

I was sitting on the beach in front of your husband, (or so i think it was him, lounge chair reading in the shade), I was with my 2 sons, one is 23yrs old, the other 10, and my mom....i was on the roll call, never made the meeting coz my mom and little son were sick that 1st morning....,

Triple LOVED it too :D

that was him!!!!

I was also on 7/14 sailing. I totally agree that St. Thomas was best would love to have spent more time there. Did the PR Rainforest - sorry Boring:( Unlike some we found the staff to be incredibly friendly just lucky I quess. As far as Disembarkation goes one word RAINGEAR:eek: . There is no shelter to speak of if it's a windy rain and was it ever. Great Ship.:)

it was also cold. Some people were shivering. I did have a rain jacket handy (DH is always prepared. ONCE A MARINE ALWAYS A MARINE!)

I was also on the 7/14 sailing, and I found the whole trip wonderful, our cabin steward named Emma, was a doll, one night I was not feeling well and whe stopped in to see how I was, our waiters Bong and Fernando were exceptional, the shows, dining room food was superb, and the Buffet food I found to be better than norweigan line. The only complaint that I have is the elevators are slow, and the shower could be a bit bigger, but liveable. Would cruise with Princess in a minute.

Did any seem many crowds? when and were? The Crown will be my largest ship ever so any thing I can do to avoid a crowd will make DH happy. How about getting on and off at port?

Also never had the pleasure of the Seafood Buffet. Where and when is it? Where do you get food and where do you sit?

Thanks for all the great details in your reviews!!

Hi Renata

I will be on the 9/6 sailing...I love reading these reviews because it gets me more excited to be there myself!

I was going to go to Governors beach, but your review of Bohio beach has changed my mind.

Did you get a taxi right outside the terminal? Was it $7pp each way?

I soooo want to bypass Margaritaville and the crowds....

Thanks for your help! Hope you dont mind, but I may have a few more questions...

Our family was also on the July 14 sailing and we absolutely loved it!!! In Grand Turk my hubby and 9 year old daughter went on the horseback ride on the beach and my 6 year old son and I spent the afternoon in Margaritaville - it was fantastic!!! He found a friend from the boat and we spent a lovely afternoon in the giant warm water pool. I had a few margaritas and just enjoyed the water and the sunshine - don't let the crowds deter you, the pool is very big and there are lots of chairs and space for everyone.:)

You honestly rarely felt that the ship was full of people - we often bumped into our new friends - as I think that the same groups of people tend to hang out at the same pool areas. We rarely had to wait for anything and really enjoyed what the ship had to offer.

Hi Renata

I will be on the 9/6 sailing...I love reading these reviews because it gets me more excited to be there myself!

I was going to go to Governors beach, but your review of Bohio beach has changed my mind.

Did you get a taxi right outside the terminal? Was it $7pp each way?

I soooo want to bypass Margaritaville and the crowds....

Thanks for your help! Hope you dont mind, but I may have a few more questions...

NO PROBLEM ask away!

It is 7 pp. IT will pass up Governer's beach and start taking side roads. We saw cows grazing on the roads (wild cows)! Than the taxi driver asked me what time do we want him to pick him up LOL! So you know it won't be touristy and small! it was 12:30 (we jsut docked) so we told him 5:30. Sure enough around 5 pm he strolled into the beach, saw us waved at us and told us he was early and whenever we were ready (he was also waiting on another couple that he dropped off after us and he said he was gonna be there at that time as well). We walked around, had a cigerette, talked to the staff and about 5:20 he told us he was gonna get his van ready for us! and meet' us up front! How's that for service!

Even though margaritaville looked cool and had the loud music POPPING (AKA very loud), I was so not in the mood for that at ALL! I wanted to be alone! LOL!

If you have any other questions....

Our family was also on the July 14 sailing and we absolutely loved it!!! In Grand Turk my hubby and 9 year old daughter went on the horseback ride on the beach and my 6 year old son and I spent the afternoon in Margaritaville - it was fantastic!!! He found a friend from the boat and we spent a lovely afternoon in the giant warm water pool. I had a few margaritas and just enjoyed the water and the sunshine - don't let the crowds deter you, the pool is very big and there are lots of chairs and space for everyone.:)

You honestly rarely felt that the ship was full of people - we often bumped into our new friends - as I think that the same groups of people tend to hang out at the same pool areas. We rarely had to wait for anything and really enjoyed what the ship had to offer.

Margaritaville did look cool! Loved the look, but just wanted to stay away from that area! Just needed to get away!

Did any seem many crowds? when and were? The Crown will be my largest ship ever so any thing I can do to avoid a crowd will make DH happy. How about getting on and off at port?

Also never had the pleasure of the Seafood Buffet. Where and when is it? Where do you get food and where do you sit?

Thanks for all the great details in your reviews!!

Hi, I'll list my questions again:

Crowds? where and when? How about getting on and off?

Seafood Buffet? where and when? where do you sit?

Thanks for answering so many questions, I know everyone is busy and trying to get back to normal, yuk.:)

happy cruzer- last year on the Crown the seafood buffet was the first night on the ship (embarkation day) in the Horizon Court. If you like seafood, it's the place to go. I think it opened for the buffet at 5:30-6:00. My husband does not eat seafood, but there was beef and chicken there for him. We are going back on the Crown again 8/10/07.

Thanks Renata!

Was the $7pp each way or for the round trip? Im just trying to figure out if it would be better to do an excursion.

Which was the least crowded pool on the ship? Kids go back to school the week I leave, so Im hoping it wont be too crowded.

[quote name='happy cruzer']Hi, I'll list my questions again:
Crowds? where and when? How about getting on and off?
Seafood Buffet? where and when? where do you sit?

Thanks for answering so many questions, I know everyone is busy and trying to get back to normal, yuk.:)[/QUOTE]

Sorry, passed your post up the first time......

I only found it crowded on sea days. BUT..... not as bad. I think this ship is so large that people are spread out throughout the ship. I wouldn't say it was that bad. Getting off and on was a breeze. Just a little crazy in Puerto Rico becuase of immigration. It took us at least 45 minutes to get off in Puerto Rico. Other times, I thought it was easy.

I did not do the seafood buffet at all. I originally planned on it, but did the crown grill instead, so we wanted to save our appitite. LOL! PLUS we were so well feed in the dining room that the second time they did the seafood buffet we passed by it later on that other night and I couldn't even think about eating!

The first seafood buffet was the first night and the second seafood buffet was Day 7 I beleive!

I hope I answered your questions. Sorry about the delay :)

Do they post the dinner menus outside the dining room? I want to try the seafood buffet one night and makes sense to do it on a night that I don't give myself a head smack for missing "one of my favorites" served in the dining room! :mad:

[quote name='KATHYMAC68']Someone on the Roll Call emailed me the menu for the dining room. If anyone is interested I will gladly email it to you. It looks AMAZING!!!![/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=deepskyblue]Hello, I would absolutely love the menus. Would you please email them to me? My email is [EMAIL="winpup69@comcast.net"]winpup69@comcast.net[/EMAIL][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#00bfff][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#00bfff]Thanks so much![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

just a thought on the menu selections. I thought all selections were great. there was always something good on menu. Of course, there was the old standbye of fish, chicken, steak, ceaser salad, or alfredo. My least favorite was french night, BUT I tried a little of this and a little of that. It was good!
that's the great part of food on the shiip, if you don't care for it, ask the waiter for something else, they will be more than happy to offer you something else. On our table our table mate was very picky about food, so they kept giving her different entrees :) If you don't like it ask for something else. They won't blink an eye;)

Archived