Coral BA vs. BD vs. AB

kelelmel

Hi,

New to Princess and am looking to book Coral Panama Canal 4/5/08 and am having trouble picking a cabin. I've studied this great link, still cannot decide: http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/p...ies/index.html

My preferences are a partially covered cabin with a big balcony. Caribe BA 510 and Caribe BD 624, both appear to be partially covered but is there a difference in the size of the cabin and balcony? C624 appears to be on a bumpout, whereas C510 is not.

Originally wanted to book a minisuite but seems all the good ones are gone. Was considering Dolphin AB 516, which is in a good location but uncovered.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks Kelly

We were in Aloha 506 which was the first cabin of the "bump out" and it was classified as a BA. Also had a fully covered balcony. Right in the center of the ship and close to the elevators.

Hi,

New to Princess and am looking to book Coral Panama Canal 4/5/08 and am having trouble picking a cabin. I've studied this great link, still cannot decide: http://mysite.verizon.net/res76zxu/p...ies/index.html

My preferences are a partially covered cabin with a big balcony. Caribe BA 510 and Caribe BD 624, both appear to be partially covered but is there a difference in the size of the cabin and balcony? C624 appears to be on a bumpout, whereas C510 is not.

Originally wanted to book a minisuite but seems all the good ones are gone. Was considering Dolphin AB 516, which is in a good location but uncovered.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks Kelly

There should not be any difference in the size of a BA/BD just location. :)

The balcony may be a little different due to the bumpout but not much.

We were in BD categoryC424 on the mid ship bumpout on The Coral Princess and the balcony was much smaller and than the regular Caribe balconies, and fully covered. We did get a very nice view, however, and a smooth ride.

Another poster took this picture. Hope it helps:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1344175452026519897ugzgHT

Hi there, i am on Coral 4/5/08 cruise in an AB on Caribe Deck (partially covered balconies) I am in C706 which is more toward the back. There are PLENTY of AB's in this area still available. The Caribe deck balconies are bigger-i think someone said they are 9x9 whereas the ones on Dolphin Deck are smaller i think 9x7 if i remember correctly and they are totally exposed (no covering).

We have a roll call started so if u book, please come on over and join. So far everyone on the roll call has booked the Caribe Deck and we are all from Florida! Where did u get the info that most of the good balconies were already taken? Just curious cause i think there is still alot available:)

Thanks so much for all the info and the warm welcome.

Suzanne~

Thanks for that pic, it certainly does seem apparent that the bumpout balconies are somewhat smaller and the Caribe balconies are bigger. That helps a great deal.

Vacation Fool~

You're right there are quite a few AB cabins left but I didn't see any on Caribe, only Dolphin? Please tell me I'm wrong. From the info that I've gathered it seems that the remaining ones are either uncovered and apparently lack privacy or are totally covered and I want a little sun.

I really prefer a mini-suite but have to weigh my options, which are:

Minisuite (AB) larger cabin, slightly smaller balcony, functional bathroom, more $

-OR-

Balcony (BA) smaller cabin, somewhat bigger balcony, partially covered, less $

Do I seem to have this right?

Will drop by the roll call just as soon as I stop being indecisive and book it.

~Kelly

Thanks so much for all the info and the warm welcome.

Suzanne~

Thanks for that pic, it certainly does seem apparent that the bumpout balconies are somewhat smaller and the Caribe balconies are bigger. That helps a great deal.

Vacation Fool~

You're right there are quite a few AB cabins left but I didn't see any on Caribe, only Dolphin? Please tell me I'm wrong. From the info that I've gathered it seems that the remaining ones are either uncovered and apparently lack privacy or are totally covered and I want a little sun.

I really prefer a mini-suite but have to weigh my options, which are:

Minisuite (AB) larger cabin, slightly smaller balcony, functional bathroom, more $

-OR-

Balcony (BA) smaller cabin, somewhat bigger balcony, partially covered, less $

Do I seem to have this right?

Will drop by the roll call just as soon as I stop being indecisive and book it.

~Kelly

Hi Kelly-When I checked a few days ago Cat AB cabins on Caribe were plentiful! As I said before, I am in C706 which is a great location according to the others who have been in that cabin. 707-709,712,715-717,719-722,725-728 were all available! These are all AB minis on Caribe. So check it out on the website. When u put in cabin# make sure u click on continue and then it will show if it is available or not. Good luck and let me know what u decide.:)

Andrea

Andrea~

:( Is it possible they are all gone? I don't see any of those cabins on the Princess website! I searched by Category and by specific cabin number. The only cabins left in AB (all Dolphin) are 404, 411, 509, 511, 516 & 517. Am I doing something wrong?

Andrea~

:( Is it possible they are all gone? I don't see any of those cabins on the Princess website! I searched by Category and by specific cabin number. The only cabins left in AB (all Dolphin) are 404, 411, 509, 511, 516 & 517. Am I doing something wrong?

Kelly what u r pulling up are just the 6 cabins Princess wants to show. They never show more than 6 or so. Below where they show you those cabins, scroll down. You will see a box u can check if you want to book a guarantee in that category and BELOW THAT is another box where it tells u to enter a cabin # to see if it is available. Check the little box where it says to pick a cabin and then in the white box put in a cabin number ex. C709 and click continue. It will then take u to the next page to continue your reservation if it is available. If it is not available it will say in bright orange letters at the top of that next page that the cabin # you entered does not exist or is not available. Good minis are still available. Another couple from Texas just booked today also on Caribe Deck so if u book u definetly have to book on Caribe Deck and join our little group:D Let me know if you were sucessful. I think the problem was that u just weren't scrolling down to the bottom of the page where it lists the cabins. :)

No luck. I did as you said, entered numerous cabin numbers (one at a time of course) that you suggested into this field:

STATEROOM NUMBER

If you know the stateroom that you would like to reserve, please enter it here. Note, that staterooms are subject to availability. Enter a Stateroom Number: For Example: P322

and got the same message over and over again:

The stateroom number entered does not exist or is unavailable. Please try again.

Princess must like the couple from Texas better than me :D

Hi Kelly! You know us Texans....we usually get what we want! :D We booked this cruise last weekend, a balcony (BA) on Caribe. At that time there were still several mini's and balcony's available. I originally was looking at a mini, but only found available on Dolphin (like you, don't want a completely uncovered balcony), or a few still on Caribe (LOT more $$$$). I finally decided that I'd rather pay less (the savings will pay the bar tab!) and go for the standard balcony on Caribe since it has a bigger balcony that is half covered. This is our third time on Princess, and have had the standard balcony each time. It's always more than enough space for the two of us. Seems like when we ARE in the cabin, we're on the balcony, so the extra space in the mini isn't that important to us. Just decide what you really need and want in a cabin for this cruise. The $$$ we saved by going with the standard will pay for "lots more fun stuff" while on the cruise!

Good luck on your search!

Hi Spoilin'~

I feel better, seems you found the same cabins available as I did, I was starting to get a complex. There are about half-a-dozen BA Caribe cabins left, a couple of which are partially covered. I, too, only found Dolphin Mini's left, with the exception of one Caribe AA which, for me, is not worth the difference in money. As you said, I would prefer the partially covered, larger balcony, so I will likely book a BA balcony and save the money for the bar tab.

Can't book till this weekend, have to finalize some plans with another couple. Hopefully my preferred cabin will still be available. Fingers crossed!

Thanks!

Are you both sure that you are talking about the same sail date???

Yes, sail date 4/5/08. Now how the heck am i pulling up avaiable cabins and kelly is not??? I agree, I think u should call Princess directly and find out which minis ARE available before making a final decision. Hoping u and your friends join us like spoilin' me did.:D

Makes no sense, right? Oh well, I will make some phone calls this weekend and see what Princess says. Either way I am quite content in Cat BA, certainly better than being stuck in my cubicle at the office all day. :p

It is bigger than that? Right? I hope!

Archived