Manhattan Cruise Terminal

RosieRoo

We will driving down from Boston next week and have driving directions from the NY Cruise Terminal website. I was wondering if someone could help me out with the exact address of the terminal. I would like to also program it into my GPS just as a back up but the only address they list on the website is the corner of 55th and 12th Ave. You need an exact address for the GPS. Thanks.

ZoneHPH thanks, although that website is a wealth of information, they don't list an actual street address.

smeyer418, thank you. I am just using the GPS as back up. If we get lost somewhere hopefully it will set us straight.

Our GPS was an absolute lifesaver for us driving to and from northern MA to the Manhattan pier. We actually drove down the night before and stayed in NJ and then drove over to the pier in the morning. I would not have wanted to go in without it, having never driven into NYC before. Unfortunately, we did not have the exact address when I got down there so we had to wing it a little. We had a Mapquest printout as a backup. You were very smart to check ahead!

I use a gps in NYC a lot even though I know the streets pretty well. The GPS knows it better. But sometimes it sends you the wrong way. We were going to a village in France and it was sending us to another province. Turns out there are two villages with the same name. The owner of the hotel told us that his Brother in law had driven over from England....to the wrong village. I actually thought he wasn't too unhappy about that.....(PS I caught the error and enter the village's postal code and it pop up the right one)

Thanks for all the input. I checked my cruise docs and all it says is "NYC Passenger Cruise Ship Terminal". It doesn't even tell you if it is Manhattan or Brooklyn. I found out that information on the website mentioned above. Hopefully between my mapquest directions and the GPS we won't have any problems finding our way. Thanks again.

Thanks for all the input. I checked my cruise docs and all it says is "NYC Passenger Cruise Ship Terminal". It doesn't even tell you if it is Manhattan or Brooklyn. I found out that information on the website mentioned above. Hopefully between my mapquest directions and the GPS we won't have any problems finding our way. Thanks again.

Once you get to the terminal, you need to look for the berth of your particular ship. Not for parking, but for boarding. Each ship has their own waiting/checkin area.

Once you get to the terminal, you need to look for the berth of your particular ship. Not for parking, but for boarding. Each ship has their own waiting/checkin area.

the Manhattan Cruise terminal before Brooklyn opened used to be called the NY Passenger Ship Terminal. I guess the cruise line just hasn't reprogrammed its computer. Most of the cruise lines leave from either Manhattan or Brooklyn and don't switch between them so you can safely assume if you aren't traveling Cunard or Princess that you are leaving from Manhattan. Its pretty hard to miss where your ship is in Manhattan. They put up big signs and in fact while there are three finger piers at the terminal only two are currently opened with the third undergoing renovation---when that is finished they will start on another one until all three are done. You do want to make sure your luggage gets to the right set of trolleys to be taken to your ship...

• 6 months later...

Here is a question I have about the Manhattan Cruise Terminal, but from the other side of things... we are disembarking from our cruise there, and have about eight hours before our flight out of NYC.

Does the Manhattan Terminal have any place to safely store our luggage so that we can explore the city a bit?

Or is there another alternative besides hauling our bags along with us?

Thanks for any advice you can come up with!

Here is a question I have about the Manhattan Cruise Terminal, but from the other side of things... we are disembarking from our cruise there, and have about eight hours before our flight out of NYC.

Does the Manhattan Terminal have any place to safely store our luggage so that we can explore the city a bit?

Or is there another alternative besides hauling our bags along with us?

Thanks for any advice you can come up with!

no you can't store your bags at the terminal. Penn Station has a checking room and you normally can get a doorman at a major hotel to store them for you for a nice tip.

Archived