Back to the Noordam. This is the best board.

SnorkelBear

Just put three cabins on hold for the Noordam 1/5/08 sailing. Thanks to all you wonderfully helpful HALers on this board, I was able to score both cabin 4164 and 4166. As some of you know, these are lower cat. veranda cabins that have suite sizes balconies. We really enjoyed our suite experience last November, but we have to tone it down a little for this one.

I will have some questions for some of you as I have not been following the board much. I know there have been some changes. Does anyone know if they have upgraded the size of the ice buckets?:) Don't tell me I have to bust out the inflatable. (Ice bucket, that is.)

Looking forward to another fantastic HAL experience.

Don't let the situation mean more than the cruise.

Hi Snorkle.....

Sorry. Same ice buckets. I rather like them but I can see why some folks don't think they are large enough. For us, they are sufficient.

Congratulations on your great booking. You'll have a great time. Noordam is such a fantastic ship.

Have you asked for an extra one? I don't know if that would help, but I'm sure they'd give you one...

(ice bucket that is - not that I wouldn't take Noordam, if they were offering, lol!!) :cool:

Well, SnorkelBear, it's about time you showed yourself around here again:) I need someone to pull my leg every once in a while:p Only major change for you on the Noordam may be the "As You Wish" dining option, styled a la Princess Cruises. Otherwise, we HAL PALs are still here arguing the finer points of "formal" attire, and the logistics of bringing your own booze on board. Deja Vu!;)

Karin, mean old middle-aged mom:eek:

Hello Everyone,

I am relatively new to these boards and cruises. Went to Eastern Caribbean in July of 2005 with my family. Looking into booking next July or August for Alaska Cruise, just my husband and I. Just started looking very seriously at HAL rather than Princess (line we went on before). Question: Anyone recommend the Inside Passage Seattle round trip vs Vancouver round trip or perhaps one of the Glacier Bay cruises north or south bound as being the preferred cruise only trip on HAL in Alaska?? So many options, rather dizzying!

Jan

We took our first HAL cruise on the Noordam in March. We are booked for the same Southern Caribbean itinerary next March because the Noordam's total cruising experience was so outstanding and relaxing. Bargain price played some role in this also, of course.

We have been on Celebrity's Galaxy and now-gone Zenith four times and once on the Norwegian. The Noordam was far superior in almost every category. In fact, the previous year we took a Western Caribbean on the Norwegian Dawn. Our balcony rooms on it and the Noordam were comparable, but I have no memory of the Dawn's room but I well remember the Noordam's excellent lay-out.

You are in for a treat.

Hi Snorklebear. My friends and my husband and I are going to be your near neighbors on the Jan 5 cruise. We did this exact cruise (leaving on Jan 6) and we loved it so much we convinced two other couples to join us. Have you been to the cc board for the cruise yet?

We just returned from the Noordam and my husband has a bum knee so I asked for extra Ice...I got 3 huge metal containers everyday 2xs a day and a zip lock bag to boot lol...you just have to ask and they will do anything for you..Have a great trip. It was the best..:D

Archived