Has anyone cruise with babies on the Mercury lately?

Rstamper

We have two babies in our party, (party of 37) both will be about 6 months when we cruise in a couple of weeks and I would like to know - Did you have to pre-order a crib or play-n-pack or was one just in your room when you boarded because Celebrity knew there would be a baby in the room. Also do they have babysitters available? And if so, were there certain times they would babysit and what were the prices? Any other information about cruising with babies would also be helpful.

Thanks.

You need to request the pack n plays asap. They only have a limited number and they tend to go quickly. Call guest services and request them. A cruise line has no idea if a parent is bringing their own sleeping thing for an infant, so they just don't put them in a cabin---they must be requested.

You must request babysitters at least 24 hours in advance. The charge is $8 an hour per child. You need to check because there might be a rule that the infant has to be at least 1 year old for in cabin sitting.

Thanks for the information. One of the babies will be will be 6-1/2 months and the other will not be 6 months yet. My travel agent said as long as she listed babies in the cabin, they would provide something for them to sleep in, but I was kind of worried, because she did not tell them directly that we needed play n' pacs. I will call tomorrow and request them myself. Thanks.

Like another poster said, just putting "babies" in the record doesn't tell the ship they need the pack and plays. Parents might be bringing their own sleeper for their baby, so just like any other need, it has to be specifically requested. And, the baby must be 6 months old to have the in cabin baby sitter. It's a liability issue for the cruise line that they don't accept younger than 6 months in the babysitting program.

Archived