Cool new feature on my TA's website

Orcrone

Normally an online agent will show a maximum of 11 rooms per category, even if more are available. I went to my TA's website this morning. It still shows you 11 rooms, however, it now allows you to enter a specific cabin number to see if it's available.

You can do this on the HAL web site as well. I always go in and put in the cabin number I want before talking to my TA to be sure its available. After I am booked, I go back to the HAL web site and put my cabin number in to be sure it comes up as not available.

You can do this on the HAL web site as well. I always go in and put in the cabin number I want before talking to my TA to be sure its available. After I am booked, I go back to the HAL web site and put my cabin number in to be sure it comes up as not available.
It's cool to book your room and see it disappear off HAL's or a TA's website. It's my way of saying "MINE, MINE, you can't have it".:D

Hiya Orcrone-

Thanks so much for the tip! I was able to determine that the cabin we had wanted to begin with was actually now available and I've written my agent asking that the change in cabins be made. We think this other cabin will be a bit more private and quiet. Thanks again for the information.:cool:

Sail & Localady - You're both very welcome.

Localady - I had a similar situation a week ago. A category I really wanted was only available as a guarantee. Since it was for our daughters I wanted to be able to select the room to make sure they were near us. One of the rooms became available when I checked at 10:30 at night. I didn't want to wait for my TA to get in around 10:30 the next morning and risk losing it. So I booked the room online and called my TA the next day and asked her to cancel the original room.

I was no where near final payment so it was not a problem. Obviously, you don't want to do this if you're in the penalty phase.

Orcrone

Your forgot to mention cheapertravel.com and their great Holland prices.

Just booked my Holland Westerdam Dec 5 with cheapetravel.com and we bought an S cabin for $2460 for both of us.

And yes you can look at cabins, however all S cabins are now gone. We got the last one.

Janice

Orcrone

Your forgot to mention cheapertravel.com and their great Holland prices.

Just booked my Holland Westerdam Dec 5 with cheapetravel.com and we bought an S cabin for $2460 for both of us.

And yes you can look at cabins, however all S cabins are now gone. We got the last one.

Janice

The administrators have rules about mentioning online TAs on the boards. A TA could get online and tout themselves as if they're a customerk misleading other people. I figured it was OK to mention cheapertravel because of a feature that could be easily verified. But I didn't want to be building them up in any way (prices, service, etc.) because of the board's rules.

With that said, I'm glad you got a great deal.:)

Archived