Why is this first time cruiser SO stressed?

KS17

DH and I like to eat breakfast in the dining room because you can order fresh eggs (made just for you!) The eggs in Windjammer, and the dining room if you don't specifically ask, are made in huge batches and can be inconsistent - runny in some spots, overcooked in other. In the Windjammer, we like the other food, but the eggs leave MUCH to be desired.

Just what we do.

DH and I like to eat breakfast in the dining room because you can order fresh eggs (made just for you!) The eggs in Windjammer, and the dining room if you don't specifically ask, are made in huge batches and can be inconsistent - runny in some spots, overcooked in other. In the Windjammer, we like the other food, but the eggs leave MUCH to be desired.

Just what we do.

Get your eggs made to order in the omelette line. I had over easy eggs most mornings in the Windjammer. I had them recook them one morning because both yolks were broken so from then on, the girl would smile and say very light right:) They make a great omelette too.

Do they have menu's in the dining room for breakfast ? First time cruiser here also but not quite as stressed YET as I have 2 months to go.

Yes, it is just like a restaurant. You walk in they seat you and give you a menu. I think the menu is the same everyday though but there is a wide variety of choices.

I felt the same way, and got the same great advice you got here..."step away from this board for awhile"...I did, and relaxed a bit. Anything you forget, you'll be able to buy somewhere. Where ever you choose to eat, you'll love it. Just relax and breath! Just remember your camera! And take pictures of the "drink of the day" each day! I WISH I'd done that!

Take a few deep breaths, chill, and whatever you do, don't overplan. What you don't do or see on this cruise, you will on the next. ;)

Remember to read the daily Compass which will be placed on your bed every evening. It will list all of the events and activities for the following day. Take a highlighter, and mark those activities which you don't want to miss. It is really very simple.;)

Trying to run yourself and your family ragged, by trying to do it all, can ruin the fun of the vacation. :eek:

I remember that stress as well.

You can't do everything on the ship, so don't stress out about what you can't do--focus on what you can do.

You are on vacation, not in a competition. Have the best ever experierience so that you will want to do it again and again and again...

Best trip to you.....ENJOY!!!!

OMG...I know what you are feeling. I feel the same way.

We are at the JW Marriott in Miami. Here it is, the night before our first cruise and I can't sleep. I'm reading the threads to make sure I am ready for tomorrow. I am trying to figure out the earliest we can try to board. Since we are first time cruisers, i don't know if we are allowed to board at 11. In fact I can't figure out exactly when we can board period.

I forgot to print out our meet and mingle signs... this is obviously not a catastrophe but it is something I forgot.(what else have I forgotten) I just want to be sure I have everything we need to get on board.

The four of us have the carryon rolling suitcases...can we bring them on ourselves? Even with all the information that is available on this wonderful board, I still remain clueless. I can only imagine how much worse off I would be if I hadn't been fortunate enough to stumble across this forum.

I feel like the sooner we are on the ship the sooner I can try to relax.

See you soon.

marie

Archived