Back pack info

janer51

My Dh and I are leaving on a cruise out of Vancouver on Aug 18th. I am looking for back pack recommendations. Both for the shore excersions in Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway and the railroad rides to Danali and Fairbanks. What type of things do we need to bring on both the excersions and the train and what size do we need. Thanks for any ideas.

I would look for a backpack that you can also use on all of your trips.

I have found the an average size one works well. We use the backpack to carry bottled water, sunglasses, camera(s), and a few misc. items. We take it with us now on all cruises and use it when visiting most ports of call.

Keith

You didn't mention if you wanted to fit a computer. But if you do, I highly recommend the Swiss Gear packs! This one has tons of pockets, sideholders for two water bottles, and room for lots of books / clothes / etc:

http://www.amazon.com/SYNERGY-SwissGear-Wenger-Computer-Backpack/dp/B0007CIX1O/ref=pd_bbs_1/105-2352567-1744437?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1185629792&sr=8-1

Best Buy also carries this model backpack and others.

You didn't mention if you wanted to fit a computer. But if you do, I highly recommend the Swiss Gear packs! This one has tons of pockets, sideholders for two water bottles, and room for lots of books / clothes / etc:

http://www.amazon.com/SYNERGY-SwissGear-Wenger-Computer-Backpack/dp/B0007CIX1O/ref=pd_bbs_1/105-2352567-1744437?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1185629792&sr=8-1

Best Buy also carries this model backpack and others.

Nice. thanks

Archived