Misty Fjords and Musher's Camp??

RustaRoo

I tried this question on the Alaska board but so far have not received any responses. Anyone?

"I have received excellent service from Harv & Marv in Juneau with whom I have booked a whale watching excursion this September.

I am travelling on HAL and am considering booking these two additional excursions as part of my cruise.

Has anyone ever done Misty Fjords & Wilderness Explorer in Ketchikan? Thoughts?

Has anyone ever done Musher's Camp & Sled Dog Experience in Skagway? Thoughts?

Thanks!"

I've done the Misty Fjords & Wilderness Explorer several times from Ketchikan and will do it again in a heartbeat. I highly recommend it. The boat rides to/from Misty Fjords can seem a bit long, and it's sometimes a bit choppy, but once you get to Misty Fjords it's well worth the ride. The boats are clean and comfortable, and a nice snack appropriate to the time of day is served. If your ship is docked rather than anchored in Ketchikan, the pier is a short walk.

Although I haven't personally done the Musher's Camp & Sled Dog Experience in Skagway, Clients of mine have - and loved it.

I did the Misty Fiords cruise/flight last month and really enjoyed the tour. We were lucky and saw a pod of Orca and a bear during the cruise. It was very interesting seeing the fiords from both the water and the air. I'd definitely do this tour again.

My pictures for this tour can be found at http://travel.webshots.com/album/559685332BJStZg?vhost=travel

Rustaroo

We did the Mushers camp last year in Skagway. If you are a dog lover - you will love it. About 1/2 - 45 minute drive out to the camp (beautiful scenery) then once you reach the camp you are in dog heaven. The "cart" ride was short - maybe 5-6 minutes but then you get to "meet" all the dogs. Then to the base camp where we had a terrific/informational session with the gentlemen who operates the camp and then more meet and greets with the dogs and puppies. Took our two daughters (ages 11 and 9) - we all had a blast. It was a fun afternoon. It was great that the weather cooperated that afternoon as well - we had a beautiful day in Skagway.

Any other questions - just ask

Richard we too are looking at doing the Misty Fjords & Wilderness Explorer in Ketchikan. At least the one that does the boat both ways.:o I most likely will book it today. You will be on the Ryndam the week after we will be on the Noordam. We have been to Ketchikan 3 time now and figured the 4th time we would actually try doing an excursion. The Dog Sled Experience sounds like lots of fun. We met some poeple on our cruise that did this and said they had a blast.

Richard we too are looking at doing the Misty Fjords & Wilderness Explorer in Ketchikan. At least the one that does the boat both ways.:o I most likely will book it today. You will be on the Ryndam the week after we will be on the Noordam. We have been to Ketchikan 3 time now and figured the 4th time we would actually try doing an excursion. The Dog Sled Experience sounds like lots of fun. We met some poeple on our cruise that did this and said they had a blast.
Thanks, Lisa, I appreciate your input. I am booking it today too!:D

My IRS boss and I (I'm a volunteer) were talking about last year's Alaska experiences and he raved about the dog camp; I said we had been there and loved it, not just for the experience, but for the things we learned. Enjoy!

My IRS boss and I (I'm a volunteer) were talking about last year's Alaska experiences and he raved about the dog camp; I said we had been there and loved it, not just for the experience, but for the things we learned. Enjoy!
Thanks so much for your recommendation - I've booked this excursion. 44 days and counting:D

Archived