2 ships = crowded?

Benji817

Hello everyone,

Our ship will be in GC on 10/31. I checked out the cruisecal website, and I see only one other ship scheduled for that day. I'm assuming this is a good thing?? :o

We were considering renting a car for the day and driving to Rum Point, then taking the snorkel/sting ray trip from there. Overly crowded beaches aren't my idea of fun, so I guess that's why were leaning more toward Rum Point. Now I'm not so sure. My question is, should we just consider staying on 7MB if there's only one other cruise ship in port that day? What other factors should I be considering?

This is our first trip to GC, so your thoughts/ideas/suggestions are much appreciated. :) Oh, and we will be in port from 10am to 7pm (I know we have to allow time for tendering though).

Hello everyone,

Our ship will be in GC on 10/31. I checked out the cruisecal website, and I see only one other ship scheduled for that day. I'm assuming this is a good thing?? :o

We were considering renting a car for the day and driving to Rum Point, then taking the snorkel/sting ray trip from there. Overly crowded beaches aren't my idea of fun, so I guess that's why were leaning more toward Rum Point. Now I'm not so sure. My question is, should we just consider staying on 7MB if there's only one other cruise ship in port that day? What other factors should I be considering?

This is our first trip to GC, so your thoughts/ideas/suggestions are much appreciated. :) Oh, and we will be in port from 10am to 7pm (I know we have to allow time for tendering though).

Benji, we have been to 7MB twice. Both times other ships were in. Never a crowding problem at 7MB. Its so huge.Never been to Rum Point.:) :D :) :D

Hello everyone,

You are lucky. Two ships is a cake walk. Georgetown won't be overly crowded.

• 2 weeks later...

We have been here in March and there were 5 ships in Port. It was crowded. Thankgoodness we got off early before it got so overcrowded it was hard to walk down the street.

We have found the 3 times we have been here that the water gets rougher in the afternoon. Last time the tenders were really boundcing around and the crew had to grab each of us individually. They did a great job. They even had a number of wheelchairs to get back onto the ship

We were there in Aug of 2005 with 7 ships inport. The tendering was a pain the A@@. go to www.cruisecal.com to see what ships will be in port with you.

The last time we were in GC, there were 2 days that there we 10 ships. It was a TOTAL zoo. We left the GT area and didn't come back until most of the passengers were heading back to their ships. Whoever makes the decision on how many ships should be in port really needs to re-think this issue. We love going to GC, but we're starting to look around for another "island" to visit because there are just too many people getting off ships each day for that small area.

One ship be awesome! Two to four ships is not bad...beyond that, there's too many ships in port, IMO.

Save yourself some time and money, and take one of the Stingray City snorkel tours from Georgetown. We have used Captain Marvin twice and had great tours on uncrowded boats. They provide a shuttle from Georgetown to their dock opposite 7MB (short drive). After the tour, they will drop you off at 7MB if you ask (usually at Sea Grape Beach). Taxis are plentiful and inexpensive from there back to Georgetown when you've had enough.

Archived