dinner menus

cruisin1982

YUM!!!!!!!!! I just read thru the menus!! Brings back very fond memories!! Warm chocolate melting cake .... sigh .... hope to book us another cruise soon -- waiting to find out about family member's health crisis first. Hoping for good results -- keep us in your prayers??

I second that you need to do the Supper Club. We went once and enjoyed it so much went back again. It is an absolutely fantastic experience. Book towards the end of your week because the dinner room is so bland after eating at the Supper Club.

You will find the NEW Supper Club menus here: (select Large or Original size when you move the cursor over the photo)

http://tom-n-cheryl.smugmug.com/gallery/2951975#159490695

The Ribeye is now a standard offering. A new STARTER offered is the Georges Blanc "Crepe Vonnassiennes" - it was tasty, but a little too salty - IMO.

Tom

Just curious about the supper club.....can you order more than one entree or as much as you want, like in the regular dining room?
No, but the portions are larger and we felt like we were going to burst by the time we finished.

We had late seating in the dining room and one night we went to an early meal at the supper club. I thought I'd be able to run down and see our table mates and wait staff and maybe squeeze in an appetizer or a desert, but there was no way I could eat one more bite.

John

What about ordering multiple appetizers? I was thinking that I may be in the mood for an appetizer and the soup. Is that allowed?

Sometimes, depending on your server - it has happened (I know for us we were able to after spending a few nights in a row there!).

From many people (myself included) the French onion soup is not very good. No doubt others will rave about it - but certainly NOT me!

Tom

To bad I would like to order the lobster tail and the 9oz filet.

Mike

Oh - that is not a problem... you will simply need to book TWO nights. Trust me, after you go the first night - you will certainly see the "value" in it, and want to go again.

Might I suggest that you make your reservation for early in the sailing, this will at least give you the option to go again towards the end of the cruise if you desire.

Just in case you opt for a THIRD night - DO NOT MISS the lamb chops!

For our salad (assuming we are not skipping it that night) we ALWAYS have the spinach salad. VERY GOOD.

I will also put in a word for the Beef Carpaccio (I have had it at least 8-10 times) - and I have tried virtually all the other starters...

Just my (additional!) $.02 :D

Tom

Archived