Uniworld River Queen review

unberwoob

Two weeks ago we returned from Uniworld's Legendary Rhine and Moselle cruise on the River Queen. It is hard to find enough superlatives about the cruise. This was our sixth river cruise and by far the best. I would rate it a 5 star experience. The ship itself was fabulous, so elegant and comfortable. Add the great crew, the outstanding food, and the wonderful itinerary, it could not have been much better.

Rather than write a long review here, I have posted a review on the Cruise Critic main web-site. Here is the link: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=31081.

A couple additions regarding the food, which is a major consideration for me. It was better than our cruise last year on the Poetry. Bigger selection, better presentation, better taste. One of the waiters worked last year on Viking and told us the food on Uniworld was much better.

If anyone has any specific questions I will be happy to answer them because it was such a great experience.

Dennis

Dennis,

Thanks for the great review. Nicely done and to the point--not like my rambling ones. What a contrast between yours and lov2read (above yours) re: the Seine trip. I do think it makes a difference when sailing in French waters. They have many regulations that have to be followed. Your trip is on our list. We have made 6 river cruises, 5 with Uniworld and loved everyone of them. Different strokes for different folks. Pat

Wow what a glowing report on Uniworld. Obviously very different than the recent report on the Seine! I will definitely be interested on thos company when they resolve their problems in France. To bad they did not handle the other difficulty more effectively.

Dennis,

Thanks so much for your comments here, and your full review at the link, above.

We're booked on this same itinerary, on River Queen, for next May 4th. We had such a wonderful time on River Duchess in May of this year (from Vienna to Amsterdam), and on her last year for her Tulips & Windmills itinerary (Amsterdam to Antwerp), we actually booked your itinerary while still aboard. (Now that Uniworld just released its 2008 Europe book and I've had a chance to look at next year's fares, I question whether we really got a good discount by booking aboard; but that's a subject for a different posting). ;)

We had our very best cruise on River Duchess in May; better than any of our prior cruises... ocean-going or river cruising. We're so encouraged by your review. Uniworld, (except for the way it seems to handle abnormal river/permissions conditions, as posted elsewhere here), really seems to be making some terrific strides in perfecting its ships' luxury, its staff, itinerary, food, local guides, and cruise manager offerings.

Thanks, again, for sharing.

Best,

...Karl

Archived