Majesty Observations

OK, G Money, you were on it the 13th, I was on it the 27, I guess it got old in a hurry. I will tell you a little more about what bugs me with Majesty.

Sewer gas smell near my cabin on all 3 days. Crew un-willing to enforce dress code. After all that refurb, no glitz addded. Pool area is boring and un-inviting, No Concierge lounge added. They moved the piano out and then called it Boleros. There is no wow factor for this ship. It is a ferry, the 40 million dollars basically was lipstick on a pig. The over use of the word Beautiful around here is annoying. With Liberty being a 10 on the beautiful scale, Majesty would be about a 3. IMO

Not sure that I understand this. The Sovereign does not have a Concierge lounge. No pianos in Bolero's. They went away a while back too. The pool area is exactly like the Majesty's. To compare the Majesty with any of the other ships such as the Enchantment or Liberty is not fair. Also you were on a three night cruise that attracts mostly first time cruisers looking to party and gamble. If I remember correctly the Sovereign attracts the same type of folks and that is why the dress code goes out the window. For folks wanting filet mignon then they need to pay for it. Not hamburger prices.

Rolloman, Not To Be Rude ,however,did You By Chance Hop On A Ferry Instead Of The Majesty.. We Have Been On All Three Sovereign Class Ships Over The Years.. We Have Sailed On The Sovereign And The Majesty Pre And Post Refurb.. We Have Sailed The Majesty No Less Than 10 Times.. Sailing On Her Again In Oct..just On Her In June.. They Did A Very Good Job With The Refurb.. Dining Room Changes,new Carpeting, Boleros, Sorrentos, Jhonny Rockets, Deli, And A Great Job Upgrading The Windjammer..for Someone Who Seems To Have Cruised Alot.i Think Yiu Need To Take A Break.. Just My Opinion,you Are Way To Negative.. For A 3-4 Day Getaway The Majesty Cant Be Beat.. I Found Nothing In Your Rant That I Could Begin To Agree With.. For All Who Plan To Sail On Her, You Will Have A Good Time..because Of The Age Of The Ship The Cabins Are Small..they Have However Upgraded Most Cabins.. Enjoy The Majesty...

Oh, mannnnnnn, you have to be so hard to please. I’d hate to have been your waiter.

I love the Majesty, she is, in my opinion, the definition of “beautiful.” I have been on her over 30 times BEFORE the refurbishment and am scheduled to jump onboard in October for the first time post dry-dock. I know that everyone is different, but to say she is like a “ferry” is very ignorant and disrespectful to the ship, it's crew, and it’s fans, in my opinion.

Maybe you should stick to the Liberty of the Seas. Or maybe Carnival??!! ;)

I read and rely on this board to get the opinions of other cruisers. I'm a little broken hearted about your majesty comments. I'm sailing her for the second time on the 24th and you almost took the fun out of it.

Please don't let his negative ranting spoil your trip. His opinion is just that...his opinion. Everyone's cruise experience is what they make of it. Get out there and have some fun, you won't regret it! Majesty is a wonderful little ship.

Oh, mannnnnnn, you have to be so hard to please. I’d hate to have been your waiter.

I love the Majesty, she is, in my opinion, the definition of “beautiful.” I have been on her over 30 times BEFORE the refurbishment and am scheduled to jump onboard in October for the first time post dry-dock. I know that everyone is different, but to say she is like a “ferry” is very ignorant.

Maybe you should stick to the Liberty of the Seas. Or maybe Carnival??!! ;)

Extremely rude. Just so you know I will stick to cruising period. My history dictates I cruise wherever and whenever, I was asked on this thread why I felt Majesty is not up to par with what is out there and I gave my opinion. As for my waitstaff I have been personally told by the last three that me and my company were a breathe of fresh air compared to what they have been dealing with lately. Name calling is a violation of this board. You might want to cool it.

Rolloman, Not To Be Rude ,however,did You By Chance Hop On A Ferry Instead Of The Majesty.. We Have Been On All Three Sovereign Class Ships Over The Years.. We Have Sailed On The Sovereign And The Majesty Pre And Post Refurb.. We Have Sailed The Majesty No Less Than 10 Times.. Sailing On Her Again In Oct..just On Her In June.. They Did A Very Good Job With The Refurb.. Dining Room Changes,new Carpeting, Boleros, Sorrentos, Jhonny Rockets, Deli, And A Great Job Upgrading The Windjammer..for Someone Who Seems To Have Cruised Alot.i Think Yiu Need To Take A Break.. Just My Opinion,you Are Way To Negative.. For A 3-4 Day Getaway The Majesty Cant Be Beat.. I Found Nothing In Your Rant That I Could Begin To Agree With.. For All Who Plan To Sail On Her, You Will Have A Good Time..because Of The Age Of The Ship The Cabins Are Small..they Have However Upgraded Most Cabins.. Enjoy The Majesty...

I really dont think my cruising frequency is any of your business. I gave my opinion on a message board designed specifically for that.

Extremely rude. Just so you know I will stick to cruising period. My history dictates I cruise wherever and whenever, I was asked on this thread why I felt Majesty is not up to par with what is out there and I gave my opinion. As for my waitstaff I have been personally told by the last three that me and my company were a breathe of fresh air compared to what they have been dealing with lately. Name calling is a violation of this board. You might want to cool it.

Rollo--I didn't call you a name, can you show me where I did? If you're referring to "ignorant"--I was speaking of your statement, not you as an individual. I don't know you, so it would unfair to make that judgement.

I have many very close friends on the Majesty whom I've known for years and I take your comments very personally, as would they. They LOVE the ship, it's ambiance, it's family atmosphere, and it's where they call home. It's a place I call my second home, in fact.

I do understand you have a right to your opinion, but I would say 99.9% of the people out there know that what you're saying is just untrue. That is MY opinion.

;)

Rollo--I didn't call you a name, can you show me where I did? If you're referring to "ignorant"--I was speaking of your statement, not you as an individual. I don't know you, so it would unfair to make that judgement.

I have many very close friends on the Majesty whom I've known for years and I take your comments very personally, as would they. They LOVE the ship, it's ambiance, it's family atmosphere, and it's where they call home. It's a place I call my second home, in fact.

I do understand you have a right to your opinion, but I would say 99.9% of the people out there know that what you're saying is just untrue. That is MY opinion.

;)

Yeah I made it all up, the sewer smell, Ken Rush as the CD, no inforcement of basic dress rules, The small, undecorated pool area. The fact they moved the piano out of the piano bar and slapped a sign on the wall that says Boleros. The un-godly noise in any forward cabin. You can sugar coat your personal slam against me but I came here to talk about the ship, not stand up for how I treat waiters or which cruiseline you feel I should travel on.

Not sure that I understand this.

You are right, you don't understand. Basically every single thing I said you got wrong. Let me "attempt" to help you out.

I am NOT comparing Liberty to Majesty. Period end of statement. The only thing I tried to cross reference was the two ships to the word "beautiful". I did state I recommend to cruise on Sovereign or Enchantment over Majesty for similar itenerary. I said they moved the piano out of the dueling piano bars and now call the bar Boleros. In my opinion the dueling pianos were more fun on this particular ship. I compared Majesty as ground beef to Enchantment as filet mignon . Read carefully now... It was a reference to Pricing. Same price, more for the money.

Hey,rolloman.. You Seem To Be Very Sensitive.. You Are Of Course Entitled To Your "opinion".. It Seems That This Was Not The First Time That You Have Been On The Majesty.. Any Problems Before??? You Expressed Your Opinion.. Most Of The Replys Do Not Agree With You... What A Shame... Yes, In The 25 Rccl Cruises That I Have Taken ,sometimes All Is Not Perfect.. However,we Have Always Tried To Have A Good Time... Seriously, You Might Want To Try Another Form Of Vacation... I Think You Are About "cruised Out"'.it Is Cruisers Like You However That I Dread Being Tablemates Or Come In Contact With On A Cruise... Have You Ever Been Completely Happy On A Cruise??? I Hear Harry Potter Is A Good Book...

We went on the Majesty for the first time this past May, after sailing two Radiance class ships was not sure what to expect, knowing they did not have all the bells and whistles that the Radiance has. The verdict we had a great time, would do it again, had some of the best service we ever had on any ship. Granted the rooms are small, we saw smiling faces all over the ship from all the staff. Loved JR which we did not think we would enjoy, the floor show was so much fun, entertainment was great especially the band in Boleros as well as the production shows. The ship is old is spots but we would not hestiate to take MOS again. We had a great time...Sorry you did not enjoy it, maybe you should stop comparing ships and take each on its own merit.

Hey,rolloman.. You Seem To Be Very Sensitive.. You Are Of Course Entitled To Your "opinion".. It Seems That This Was Not The First Time That You Have Been On The Majesty.. Any Problems Before??? You Expressed Your Opinion.. Most Of The Replys Do Not Agree With You... What A Shame... Yes, In The 25 Rccl Cruises That I Have Taken ,sometimes All Is Not Perfect.. However,we Have Always Tried To Have A Good Time... Seriously, You Might Want To Try Another Form Of Vacation... I Think You Are About "cruised Out"'.it Is Cruisers Like You However That I Dread Being Tablemates Or Come In Contact With On A Cruise... Have You Ever Been Completely Happy On A Cruise??? I Hear Harry Potter Is A Good Book...

You seem to be overly concerned about my cruises. I guess its hard for you to keep on subject. Let me try to reel you back in. The Majesty was good for what it was, a ferry to the Bahamas , then RCCL dumps 40 Million dollars and adds zero wow factor, especially compared to other ships. I got a big news flash for you RCCL is not turning a profit and is millions of dollars in debt. As a shareholder I think the 40 mil could have been spent wiser. Now go read your kids book.

I laugh when I remember some of the old ships we sailed on in the early 80's!

The old original Princess "Love Boat" with the top deck that buckled in a spot when you walked around the track.

The dual stacks on the Regent Sea that blew thick flakes of soot on our clothes.

The smell of diesel fuel and the plastic "grass" carpeting on the Song of Norway.

etc., etc., etc. BUT we LOVED every minute of our cruises and every ship we've ever sailed! We've been blessed to have had happy, content tablemates on all cruises. I hope we never have to sit with cranky complainers....now THAT would ruin our cruise! :mad:

I laugh when I remember some of the old ships we sailed on in the early 80's!

The old original Princess "Love Boat" with the top deck that buckled in a spot when you walked around the track.

The dual stacks on the Regent Sea that blew thick flakes of soot on our clothes.

The smell of diesel fuel and the plastic "grass" carpeting on the Song of Norway.

etc., etc., etc. BUT we LOVED every minute of our cruises and every ship we've ever sailed! We've been blessed to have had happy, content tablemates on all cruises. I hope we never have to sit with cranky complainers....now THAT would ruin our cruise! :mad:

I agree, I dont like complainers on a cruise either. Thats what they made message boards for. Thanks for reading.

You seem to be overly concerned about my cruises. I guess its hard for you to keep on subject. Let me try to reel you back in. The Majesty was good for what it was, a ferry to the Bahamas , then RCCL dumps 40 Million dollars and adds zero wow factor, especially compared to other ships. I got a big news flash for you RCCL is not turning a profit and is millions of dollars in debt. As a shareholder I think the 40 mil could have been spent wiser. Now go read your kids book.

I was reading this thread for the GREAT info about the Majesty anticipating my upcoming Birthday Cruise:D -yea it's an older ship-yea it's a smaller ship-yea it was a great deal for a weekend away (cheaper than booking a nice 4 star hotel oceanfront for 3 nights not including meals) besides who doesn't love a cruise? so I may hear some anchor noise if I am forward, or smell that sewer smell that is on most ships, or hang my head in disgust if I see someone in the dining room with flip flops on (not really;) ) I just know that I am going to have a great cruise.

neg PR = le$$ for shareholders

1 unhappy customer will tell a minimum of ten people, who will tell 2 more people, etc

1 happy customer rarely tells anyone unless asked

Guys and girls, wonder if we can dance a new step?

What is the obsession with some people screaming for the host to close threads? I don't get it. Every thread is subjected to have controversy. I think thread police are more offensive. Why don't you add some value instead? I mean after all, you did read the thread for some reason other than looking for one to shut down?

What is the obsession with some people screaming for the host to close threads? I don't get it. Every thread is subjected to have controversy. I think thread police are more offensive. Why don't you add some value instead? I mean after all, you did read the thread for some reason other than looking for one to shut down?
Folks know me on here. I'm no thread police. This has just gotten old. If you're a shareholder, don't damage your goods.

I was reading this thread for the GREAT info about the Majesty anticipating my upcoming Birthday Cruise:D -yea it's an older ship-yea it's a smaller ship-yea it was a great deal for a weekend away (cheaper than booking a nice 4 star hotel oceanfront for 3 nights not including meals) besides who doesn't love a cruise? so I may hear some anchor noise if I am forward, or smell that sewer smell that is on most ships, or hang my head in disgust if I see someone in the dining room with flip flops on (not really;) ) I just know that I am going to have a great cruise.

neg PR = le$$ for shareholders

1 unhappy customer will tell a minimum of ten people, who will tell 2 more people, etc

1 happy customer rarely tells anyone unless asked

sandyjabs you will be on the majesty this monday? me too!

Archived