Majesty Observations

Just back from a short 3 day Bahamas. Ken Rush was the cruise director, he is filling in for awhile. You could tell he was more polished than most.

Free for all in the Dining room- wear what you want, shorts, tank tops, sandals, Ball Caps tilted sideways. Sad.....

40 million dollar refurb? Interesting, I have been on this ship 3 times and to tell you the truth I didnt see much of a difference. I think they got ripped off.

Saw a lady go ballistic over a pool attendant denying her small diapered child back in the pool. What was crazy is she was standing right in front of the sign which clearly states the pool rule.

Only two times have I ever had a noise issue out of all my cruises. Both were on Majesty. Good advice- Do not book a forward cabin on this ship.

To tell you the truth I will no longer recommend this ship. I suggest Enchantment or Soveriegn for any quick cruises to the Bahamas.

On the flip side, I was on Majesty 2 weeks ago and loved it! I thought the ship looked great and the revitalization was great, especially with the new Windjammer. I'd highly recommend Majesty, particularly with a visit to Aquaventure at Atlantis.

On the flip side, I was on Majesty 2 weeks ago and loved it! I thought the ship looked great and the revitalization was great, especially with the new Windjammer. I'd highly recommend Majesty, particularly with a visit to Aquaventure at Atlantis.

We were ther 3 weeks ago and the Majesty is beautiful. The windjammer is awesome and everything went perfectly well.

Going on the Majesty in 17 days....... how was the Aquaventure at Atlantis did you book it on the ship or at the Atlantis ? I am interested in this thanks

Glad you had a good time G Money. My opinion is based upon what is out there today. The refurb on Enchantment and Sovereign turned the ships into something special. I have been on all 3 before and after refurbs, the Majesty while it may be beautiful in your eyes falls extremely short. Having been on the new Liberty a few weeks ago and the new NCL Pearl a few weeks before that, the word "beautiful" has a different meaning to me. The Majesty is basically a glorified ferry, the other two ships SOS and EOS who have similar year round itineraries have more ammenities, especially for Diamond members.

P.S. The Aquaventure at Atlantis has nothing to do with this post.

Glad you had a good time G Money. My opinion is based upon what is out there today. The refurb on Enchantment and Sovereign turned the ships into something special. I have been on all 3 before and after refurbs, the Majesty while it may be beautiful in your eyes falls extremely short. Having been on the new Liberty a few weeks ago and the new NCL Pearl a few weeks before that, the word "beautiful" has a different meaning to me. The Majesty is basically a glorified ferry, the other two ships SOS and EOS who have similar year round itineraries have more ammenities, especially for Diamond members.

P.S. The Aquaventure at Atlantis has nothing to do with this post.

Out of the 3 Sovereign class ships the Majesty not only had the MOST extensive renovation in terms of money spent, days in drydock and amount of work done-- it also was the best refurbishment of all 3 ships in this class. To say she's a glorified ferry is your opinion and not at all correct. The ship is beautiful and actually she's much better now than she was in her inaugural year. I've sailed all 3 Sovereign class ships both before and after the refurbs and the Majesty is the nicest of all. Sorry you didn't agree. As for the cabin location-- I would never book a forward cabin on these ships as they are very noisy from the anchor etc, plus they loose precious cabin space with the curve of the ship.

I sailed on Majesty this past July 13th. Prior to this sailing, Sovereign was my personal favorite. You can tell by my sig, I have been on her several times, both pre and post refurb.

After this sailing, MAJESTY IS NOW MY PERSONAL FAVORITE!!! The refurb is spectacular. The way they redisigned the Windjammer, Sorentos, Johnny Rockets, and the Deli is WONDERFUL compared to the Sovereign.

The ship is definitely older but still beautiful and classey (sp). I love the older/classey look.

I would LOVE to take her on a back to back 3 night/4 night I liked her so well.

Sorry your experience was not as good as mine.

Tim

We were on the 7/23 four day sailing and the CD was Hamish Davis. He was very young,funny at times but definately lacking some polish. He really needs to work on his enunciation. At times he was very hard to understand as he tended to mumble. He was very personable however.

Interesting observations, I am just curious I thought the Majesty and the Sovereign underwent the same renovations with the former getting added amenities such as Sorrentos and the Compass Deli? I am sailing the Majesty on October and there have been overwhelmingly positive reviews for the ship; I am going with an open mind even after sailing on Adventure. Thanks for your observations.

I've been sailing the Majesty annually for awhile so I had a good feel for the before and after. I thought they got a lot out of the 36 M refurb. The added air conditioning of Windjammer, addition of 3 new casual dining areas including JRs, new bedding and TVs and an excellent AO where not much existed before. I'll agree the dining room can get pretty casual diners on a 3 day cruise but I think that is a reflection of society.

I think its a nice little ship if you want some of the things the larger ships have, rock wall and JRs, but enjoy the feel of a smaller ship. My only complaint was the house red wine was barely drinkable and whatever red was given out at C&A reception was undrinkable, for me.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/features/articles.cfm?ID=391

Out of the 3 Sovereign class ships the Majesty not only had the MOST extensive renovation in terms of money spent, days in drydock and amount of work done-- it also was the best refurbishment of all 3 ships in this class. To say she's a glorified ferry is your opinion and not at all correct.

You are quite the cheerleader, You must work on the ship. Secondly, I am sure they did spend the most money on it, and frankly speaking they probably should have spent a lot more.

Beautiful windjammer... come on, its a buffet line, if thats the best you can come up with, then obviously my point is made.

Go ahead spend your money on ground beef. Just be aware there is filet mignon for the same price.

Interesting observations, I am just curious I thought the Majesty and the Sovereign underwent the same renovations with the former getting added amenities such as Sorrentos and the Compass Deli? I am sailing the Majesty on October and there have been overwhelmingly positive reviews for the ship; I am going with an open mind even after sailing on Adventure. Thanks for your observations.

Let me reassure you. We sailed Majesty in February just after the rennovations and she definitely does have Johnny Rockets, Compass Deli and Sorrentos Pizza. We enjoyed our cruise so much, we are doing the four-day again this fall.

The only thing I owuld say is that a four-day cruise is so short that you hardly have time to enjoy all of Majesty's new features because you are in port every day.

"Glad you had a good time G Money. My opinion is based upon what is out there today."

So is mine. I sailed on her July 13.

"The refurb on Enchantment and Sovereign turned the ships into something special."

I think lumping in the Enchantment refurb is comparing apples and oranges; after all, she's a different class of ship and they split her in half and added a section...

"I have been on all 3 before and after refurbs, the Majesty while it may be beautiful in your eyes falls extremely short."

Could you please cite some specifics? What disappointed you? What would you still like to see improved that wasn't up to par? You mentioned the WJ previously; I've been on 13 RCI ships, and the Majesty WJ is now on par with all of them.

"The Majesty is basically a glorified ferry"

Well, I agree with that, but she's a very nice glorified ferry...:)

"the other two ships SOS and EOS who have similar year round itineraries have more ammenities, especially for Diamond members."

Again, can you please help me better understand what you mean here? I'm D+, and didn't find anything lacking on Majesty.

"P.S. The Aquaventure at Atlantis has nothing to do with this post."

It does for me, as I thought the 2 made a great weekend combination.

I respect your opinion, and don't doubt your conviction, but your thoughts just seem a little harsh and I'd like to know just what got you to that point. Thanks!

Go ahead spend your money on ground beef. Just be aware there is filet mignon for the same price.

IMO, this is all Majesty is meant to be. She's a 15 year old ship that makes a bunch of money for RCI doing glorified ferry / booze cruises. I'm not sure it's fair to compare her to newer ships like Liberty and NCL Pearl, which were obviously built in different times with different technology and different budgets.

For a short, quick getaway cruise, I think Majesty is one of the best options avaialble.

I'm sailing on August 13th departure and have two quick questions:

1) Is there a library or book swap area? If so, where is it? It doesn't show on any deck plans.

2) Are there steam and sauna rooms IN the men's locker room?

Thanks!

I would LOVE to take her on a back to back 3 night/4 night I liked her so well.

Tim

Let me reassure you. We sailed Majesty in February just after the renovations and she definitely does have Johnny Rockets, Compass Deli and Sorrentos Pizza. We enjoyed our cruise so much, we are doing the four-day again this fall.

The only thing I would say is that a four-day cruise is so short that you hardly have time to enjoy all of Majesty's new features because you are in port every day.

IMO, this is all Majesty is meant to be. She's a 15 year old ship that makes a bunch of money for RCI doing glorified ferry / booze cruises. I'm not sure it's fair to compare her to newer ships like Liberty and NCL Pearl, which were obviously built in different times with different technology and different budgets.

For a short, quick getaway cruise, I think Majesty is one of the best options avaialble.

I am sorry you didn't enjoy Majesty but I agree with above posts..excellent cruise but too short a B2B would make it perfect...

We have many, many cruises to date and sailed Majesty Memorial day weekend this year..It was a fabulous cruise...After RCCL Freedom and Mariner and several Voyager class ships I thought I wouldn't enjoy it...also, after so many cruises the ports aren't always the pull for me...the friends sailing with me and the ship are...the friends nor Majesty disappointed me...some friends were on the lower decks and their cabins were a bit small but hey we weren't there to spend time in the cabins...all the public lounges had great entertainment...Boleros is huge...Sorentos and the Compass Deli were excellent and the activities were plentiful...we enjoyed every meal...I could go on and on but this is not a review post so just suffice it to say I didn't even miss Ice Skating or the Flowrider and would sail Majesty again and again...

OK, G Money, you were on it the 13th, I was on it the 27, I guess it got old in a hurry. I will tell you a little more about what bugs me with Majesty.

Sewer gas smell near my cabin on all 3 days. Crew un-willing to enforce dress code. After all that refurb, no glitz addded. Pool area is boring and un-inviting, No Concierge lounge added. They moved the piano out and then called it Boleros. There is no wow factor for this ship. It is a ferry, the 40 million dollars basically was lipstick on a pig. The over use of the word Beautiful around here is annoying. With Liberty being a 10 on the beautiful scale, Majesty would be about a 3. IMO

We've sailed both Liberty and Freedom and are booked on Independence in Nov 2008. They are incredible ships, but for a quick four-day getaway, it is hard to beat Majesty. I wouldn't want to do a four-day cruise on Liberty because you never could enjoy all the amenities of the ship. It is hard enough on Majesty. In fact, we did do a two-day cruise on Liberty and it was nowhere nearly enough time to appreciate the ship. That would be overkill on a four-day and three-day cruise. Even Brilliance or Radiance would be overkill on such short itineraries.

But each to his own in ship preference. I do understand that not everyone will like every ship. I don't like Carnival ships, so I can certainly understand why someone wouldn't care for a ship I happen to like.

Sewer gas smell near my cabin on all 3 days. Crew un-willing to enforce dress code. After all that refurb, no glitz addded. Pool area is boring and un-inviting, No Concierge lounge added. They moved the piano out and then called it Boleros. There is no wow factor for this ship. It is a ferry, the 40 million dollars basically was lipstick on a pig. The over use of the word Beautiful around here is annoying. With Liberty being a 10 on the beautiful scale, Majesty would be about a 3. IMO

I read and rely on this board to get the opinions of other cruisers. I'm a little broken hearted about your majesty comments. I'm sailing her for the second time on the 24th and you almost took the fun out of it.

"The over use of the word Beautiful around here is annoying. With Liberty being a 10 on the beautiful scale, Majesty would be about a 3. IMO"

And it is just that, YOUR OPINION. Well, we have ours and we think she is a BEAUTIFUL ship! As you can see, there are several more on this thread that think the ship is great, you don't think so, that is your opinion, your are entitled to it, I respect it, go on with life and forget it.

As the old saying goes, Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

A side note, how can you compare Liberty to Majesty? Liberty is only about 15 years newer with the most modern amenities (sp?). I personally don't think the newer ships are beautiful, they are just bigger with more stuff on them. I personally like the older, more classic ships. This is my opinion, is it the correct opinion, NO, NOBODY HAS THE CORRECT OPINION.

Tim

I read and rely on this board to get the opinions of other cruisers. I'm a little broken hearted about your majesty comments. I'm sailing her for the second time on the 24th and you almost took the fun out of it.

Don't let one person's opinion ruin your cruise. I have seen bad reviews of almost every ship in the fleet on this board. You sailed her before, you know what to expect. I sailed the Sovereign in January 2005 and had a terrible cruise but thousands have sailed her and love her. Form your own opinion, enjoy your cruise and don't be afraid to come back to tell us the good, the bad and the ugly.:)

There is no such thing as BAD cruise. Some are just better than others. I'll take that little, old ship any day versus spending another dull, dreary day here in the mdiwest. I will be on the Majesty again soon. I like her enough to do it again. The Price was right. A great value.

....the bandwagon here......The Majesty is one of our favorite ships. Comparing her beauty with the Liberty, etc., is like comparing the beauty of an apple and orange - they can both be 10s, but are totally different categories. We try and sail the Majesty every 3 - 4 months. It's true I wouldn't want to sail on her for longer cruises (only because I'd want a balcony and more activity), but for the length of the cruises she's slated for, there's none better. We'll be sailing her again in just a few more weeks!! Having easy access to her 3-day cruises is going to be one of the things we miss when we move out of Miami end of September.

Michele

Archived