Does Princess Have Martini Clinics????

mrtractor

Going on the Crown in November. Love the "Clinics" on NCL, but don't remember from our last Princess cruise in 2001 if they had anything similar.

Do they????

MrTractor<-----was going to find out who this guy Bill W was, but the Martini Clinic was at the same time...:rolleyes:.....

I don't know about the Crown, but in general Princess holds what they call a martini demonstration. Not what I would call a clinic. They show you how to make several different martinis and give out samples to a few people. It's held in the atrium at no charge and gets very crowded. They also sell decks of cards that have martini recipes on each card.

I would think it would be on the Crown as I have been to ones that have been held on the Sapphire, Coral, etc. They announce it in the daily Princess Patter when it is going to be.

Marilyn

MrTractor<-----was going to find out who this guy Bill W was, but the Martini Clinic was at the same time...:rolleyes:.....

Well!! Just invite ol Bill W along then! Nothin like gettin to know someone over a good 'tini :D

.....this Bill guy was having his own meeting at the same time. Just couldn't get out of it.

That's good news about the Martini Demo. Is there a charge for it and does everyone get to taste them?

This is only our second Princess cruise, but we are some sort of superdupergoldplatinumdiamond members of the past cruise club on NCL. On their boats, they have had "Clinics" where you pay $10-15 bucks and you get to try several 2-3 oz. martinis of various types. They talk about how they are made and even hand out recipes.

VeRie Edjumacational. :)

MrTractor<-------has been known to talk funny after one of these!.......:rolleyes:

.....this Bill guy was having his own meeting at the same time. Just couldn't get out of it.

That's good news about the Martini Demo. Is there a charge for it and does everyone get to taste them?

This is only our second Princess cruise, but we are some sort of superdupergoldplatinumdiamond members of the past cruise club on NCL. On their boats, they have had "Clinics" where you pay $10-15 bucks and you get to try several 2-3 oz. martinis of various types. They talk about how they are made and even hand out recipes.

VeRie Edjumacational. :)

MrTractor<-------has been known to talk funny after one of these!.......:rolleyes:

On the Coral and Island Princess they held Martini demos in the Atrium and gave out tasters too. It was free. First time I had had 4 martinis in 15 minutes (hic).

They had several martini demos on all of our Princess cruises. In the latest round, the one we went to was held at 11am and not surprisingly was not very crowded. They made up 5 martinis, 3 with audience participation, and then handed the 5 out to various spectators. I was one of the spectators and I know I'm cruising when I'm drinking straight liquor at 11am, lol.

Princess also has wine tasting in the dining room for a charge of around $10 where you try out 3-4 wines.

MrTractor,

My sister and I tried those Martini Clinics on the NCL Star in Dec 05. Were alot of fun and boy did we weave our way to dinner afterwards. We actually ended up trying it twice on that cruise and loved it! It doesn't sound like Princesses Martini Demo will be the same thing. Darn. We were hoping Princess would have the same kind of thing.

Getting my cruises mixed up...Does the CB or any Princess ship have Martini bars? Am I thinking Celebrity? Always my favorite place..:D

I know that Crooners on the Coral has all sorts of martini's tht they serve. I am truly not sure if they serve any other mixed drinks. But they sure had a fantastic and huge martini list. ;)

Marilyn

I know that Crooners on the Coral has all sorts of martini's tht they serve. I am truly not sure if they serve any other mixed drinks. But they sure had a fantastic and huge martini list. ;)

Marilyn

Thanks so much! :D

How could I have forgotten Crooners on the CB...Ok then, I am ready! :D

Janetz...I LOVED the martini bar on Celebrity. We were there every night before dinner, and still talk about it to this day. I don't think they have one on the CB though,which we will be on in Noveember! :(

We have been on the CB and I could not remember! :rolleyes: We spent much time at the Martini bar when we sailed Celebrity. Just sipping mind you. :p :p

We have been on the CB and I could not remember! :rolleyes: We spent much time at the Martini bar when we sailed Celebrity. Just sipping mind you. :p :p

Hey, crooners is also the best place to see Bert Stratton at too!

We were on the NCL Dawn in 2/06 and did both a martini clinic and their first margarita clinic. The margarita clinic was my favorite. Cost was $10 and they managed to demo 5 different margaritas during the hour. Everyone got a sample of each, generally pretty close to a full-sized drink. We were barely able to make it back to our cabin and I'm still thankful for the handrails in the passageways. I have only a vauge recollection of the rest of that day.

To make a martini, fill a shaker w/ ice. Say vermouth and then pour gin or vodka ina large amount into shaker. Shake or stir and drain it into a Martini glass or rocks glass if you like them on the rocks. Everything else is a cocktail and can be made of many ingredients and will generally be sweet, syrupy or fruity. And only those with clear drinks should try to manouver with the Y shaped glass so if it spills, no stains on the clothes.

What else would you expect me to say?

They had several martini demos on all of our Princess cruises. In the latest round, the one we went to was held at 11am and not surprisingly was not very crowded. They made up 5 martinis, 3 with audience participation, and then handed the 5 out to various spectators. I was one of the spectators and I know I'm cruising when I'm drinking straight liquor at 11am, lol.

Katie, Katie, Katie, I see you're from Canada, too. Now you MUST know that drinking alcoholic beverages of any type is illegal in Canada before 4 pm. (That's why Americans love to come up here ... it gives their livers a break for at least part of the day ;) )

Oh sorry, I see you were outside Canada when you committed this culpatory act of drinking martinis at 11 am. :eek: :D

:cool: CoolChile

Archived