Cases of Wine/ Wearing Jeans........

sail7seas

Sail,

I don't think there is anything wrong with binging a few bottles of a favorite wine aboard. There are quite a few inexpensive wines out there that are very enjoyable. I grew up with those big gallon jugs of "Guniea Red" that I still enjoy with pasta.

Hey I resemble that remark....giant jugs of Carlo Rossi by chance???

not sure if that is any better than boxes of Franzia on the table.....Sail just say no to Franzia ;)

Also.........

Laura. Think back. You might remember. HAL used to sell thongs (flip-flops) in the shops. They were blue on the footpad, with red/white for the strap that goes between the toes. On the bottom of the sole, was a shallow cut out that said HollandAmericaLine.

DH bought about 5 pair and still has a few. I don't bring them on cruises because I'm afraid if he wears them to the pool, someone could 'help themselves to them'. They are really cool!!!

What was so neat about them.....

First time he wore them at HMC, we looked at his footsteps in the pristine sand in the pathways. The paths had just been freshly groomed and each footstep he took imprinted HollandAmericaLine in the sand. We kept thinking what a photo that would have made for the photographers. (Never there when you want them but a pain in the neck when you want to get off the ship and they block the gangway.)

I remember those!!! I imagine how cool it would be to walk in the fresh sand at HMC and see the logo. :)

Hey I resemble that remark....giant jugs of Carlo Rossi by chance???

not sure if that is any better than boxes of Franzia on the table.....Sail just say no to Franzia ;)

Carlo Rossi Paisano is great with pasta or a pizza . :)

Also the big gallon jugs of Fortissimo (red) and Bellissimo (white)

Then there was the red wine my grandfather used to make himself.

Not to mention all fruit he grew in his garden that he would cure in jars of brandy.

Carlo Rossi Paisano is great with pasta or a pizza . :)

Also the big gallon jugs of Fortissimo (red) and Bellissimo (white)

Then there was the red wine my grandfather used to make himself.

Not to mention all fruit he grew in his garden that he would cure in jars of brandy.

That brings back memories of both of my Grandfathers....that homemade wine could take its toll though :)

Sail,

I think our next poll should be:

"How many bottles of Two Buck Chuck would Sail need to get her on the topless deck?" :)

"Now running out of the room and hiding behind a tree before Sail sees this* *LOL*

OMG....... I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS. I NEED WINDEX TO CLEAN MY SCREEN. MY COMPUTER IS SWIMMING IN ICED COFFEE I WAS DRINKING WHEN READING ABOUT YOUR 'PROPOSED POLL' !!!

You Win!! I declare this the funniest post I've seen her in years!@!@! Maybe in Forever!

BUT.....find that man. I'm about to seriously injure him!! :D

Just had an e-mail informing me Slinkie and Grumpy are fine... just busy. It was suggested I request a copy of THE photo. Nope..... I think not. :D

Earl....... BINGO> More than pigs will have to fly. :D

Go for it!

While I haven't taken a case of wine on board, on our last Alaska cruise from our home port of Seattle, I did take a 3-liter box of wine along. I know the wine connoisseurs are shuttering with that. On our next cruise I'll probably thow in several bottles of two-buck Chuck, which is $3 in Washington.

And in northern climes, what's a cruise without jeans?

Two buck chuck is also $3 in Arizona

Robb

Hi guys -- WOW - I just realized that I haven't been on here since early this morning -- Man I am slipping!!

But a a couple of weeks ago I changed to a new ISP and installed everything on my 6 month old fixed laptop without any problems.

Then we went shopping yesterday and I got another laptop. We got the internet installed on it but were unable to get firewalls, etc., installed. Spent many hours on the phone with the TechSupport team today.

To make a long story short - I am back!! )Thank heaven for a cell phone with unlimited minutes!!)

OMG....... I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS. I NEED WINDEX TO CLEAN MY SCREEN. MY COMPUTER IS SWIMMING IN ICED COFFEE I WAS DRINKING WHEN READING ABOUT YOUR 'PROPOSED POLL' !!!

You Win!! I declare this the funniest post I've seen her in years!@!@! Maybe in Forever!

BUT.....find that man. I'm about to seriously injure him!! :D

Standing behind the tree watching Sail throw one HAL logo Flip flop at me after another , missing me everytime :)

Good thing all that vino has impaired her throwing arm. *LOL*

Well change still isn't happening here.

No jeans for us - we don't own any - no reason to own them.

Bringing wine onto the ship -- no way. We fly and would never think of trying to carry wine with us. $8 for a bottle of wine!!!??? Good wines in PA sell for around $12 - $15 and that still isn't quite the top of the line.

Smuggle alcohol onto the ship - no way.

Bring the blender? - we don't like that type of drinks (guess the RCI people still bring them on board) - so won't bring the blender.

Bingo -- haven't played it in years on a ship. Loved it when Cunard only charged a $1.

S7S You are too funny! I love your posts that get people going! Two-Buck Chuck for Three bucks, that's just wrong!!! We visit lots of wineries in Nothern, Central and Temecula Valley Calif. We've decided if you like the taste whether it's two-buck Chuck or $50 Cabs thats what you should drink! Life's too short to be a wine snob!;)

WAVE SONGS

We had a flight from Seattle to San Diego and after checking our bags at the port we took a cab to Cost Plus and bought and carried on 28 bottles of wine for our girls cruise (4 of us). We drank many on our verandah and paid corkage fee every night for 2 to 3 bottles in the dining room every night. Even after the corkage fee we came out ahead. We had some wonderful wines and champagnes at dinner that we would not have "splurged" for otherwise. So if you can do it and HAL does still allow this why not bring some special wines aboard and enjoy at no cost in cabin or with a mininal fee in the dining room. There is no doubt that we enjoyed better wines at a lower cost because of this policy. Enjoy while it lasts.

As for jeans......the new designer jeans make your arss look amazing.......whatever, sorry if you don't like jeans because my back end look fantastic. Just try to make me stop wearing them. OK, so I don't wear during dinner in the dining room.....but I will be wearing them as much as possible:D :p :) .

You go girl, Wendy

Well change still isn't happening here.

No jeans for us - we don't own any - no reason to own them.

Bringing wine onto the ship -- no way. We fly and would never think of trying to carry wine with us. $8 for a bottle of wine!!!??? Good wines in PA sell for around $12 - $15 and that still isn't quite the top of the line.

Smuggle alcohol onto the ship - no way.

KK...... It's a joke. ;) I was having a little fun.

But, truth be told...... We do buy some $8 wines. A Jacobs Creek Merlot is only about that. It isn't poison! :D We even buy some Chiantis for $8 - $10.

This is all in fun. :)

Happy to hear you got your new laptop. Hope you have lots of good luck with it.

Oh my goodness ...You are all Nuts! I'm laughing so hard...

Now trying to imagine a Tipsy Sail in Jeans & flip-flops, with a pierced belly button, boarding with a case of wine, playing Bingo & drinking wine while sunning herself on the topless deck...:D :D

Hey, I see the pigs flying now too!

Thanks for starting this thread Sail..We all need a good laugh !

Good night All & Happy Dreams about your cruises..:) Betty

P.S. Please tell me what Two-Buck Chuck is..Is it anything like "hooch"??..I've lead a sheltered life & have never heard of it...

Oh my goodness ...You are all Nuts! I'm laughing so hard...

Now trying to imagine a Tipsy Sail in Jeans & flip-flops, with a pierced belly button, boarding with a case of wine, playing Bingo & drinking wine while sunning herself on the topless deck...:D :D

Hey, I see the pigs flying now too!

Thanks for starting this thread Sail..We all need a good laugh !

Good night All & Happy Dreams about your cruises..:) Betty

P.S. Please tell me what Two-Buck Chuck is..Is it anything like "hooch"??..I've lead a sheltered life & have never heard of it...

Betty-

Two-Buck Chuck refers to Charles Shaw wines as sold at Trader Joe's for two bucks!! To begin with they had lines of customers buying cases of the wine....the roar has dulled since then.

Sweet dreams to you too!!:D

Archived