Transfers from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale

kelelmel

Cruise departs out of Ft. Lauderdale and I was considering flying into and out of Miami, nearly a $300.00 pp savings by flying to and from Miami as opposed to Ft. Lauderdale. I am not booking my flights through Princess. Does Princess offer transfers from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami? Any idea how much? Is it a hassle?

I know Ft. Lauderdale is only about 30 miles from Miami. Am I better off taking a cab? Are cabs reasonable and readily available?

Thanks!

Cruise departs out of Ft. Lauderdale and I was considering flying into and out of Miami, nearly a $300.00 pp savings by flying to and from Miami as opposed to Ft. Lauderdale. I am not booking my flights through Princess. Does Princess offer transfers from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami? Any idea how much? Is it a hassle?

I know Ft. Lauderdale is only about 30 miles from Miami. Am I better off taking a cab? Are cabs reasonable and readily available?

Thanks!

More taxis than you can handle. Fare is approx. $60. Princess transfers probably less, but transfers always a PITA waiting for bus to fill and load luggage.

We were on Carnival Valor last year and sailed out of Miami but flew into Ft Lauderdale a day early and stayed at a hotel that offered airport shuttles.. We got our transfers form Carnival at $40 a person. We went back to the airport on sailling day early the next morning around 9:00. We were on the first bus to Miami and had no problems at all.

Here's what you should do (in my opinion): book a rental car through priceline! We rented a Chevy Impala (very roomy, large trunk for luggage, etc.) for $25/day from Alamo and it was great! We were able to drive ourselves, stop where we wanted, and didn't have to worry about whether Habib-na-Hajinahaba the taxi driver would understand our directions. Now I don't have a Ph.D. in astrophysics, but I'm pretty sure $25 is a better value than a $75 cab ride.

Here's what you should do (in my opinion): book a rental car through priceline! We rented a Chevy Impala (very roomy, large trunk for luggage, etc.) for $25/day from Alamo and it was great! We were able to drive ourselves, stop where we wanted, and didn't have to worry about whether Habib-na-Hajinahaba the taxi driver would understand our directions. Now I don't have a Ph.D. in astrophysics, but I'm pretty sure $25 is a better value than a $75 cab ride.

Habib, etc. doesn't drive taxis in Miami. They are Jose, Jesus, etc.

I agree rent a car for $40 and have your own transportation, with no drop fee and they will take you to the pier once you arrive, and the airport when you return it in Miami. :)

Most folks, if they're flying in the same day as the cruise, do not have too much expendable time to get the airport shuttle to the car rental place, pick up the car, drive up to FLL and go to another rental place, return the car and be transported to the pier. It's not worth the aggravation of shuffling all tha luggage around unless you're going to use that car for several hours, or, better yet, a day.

So much great information, thanks.

vince_g~

Great link, helped tremendously. I think thats the way we are going to go. Price on the car rental is very tempting but there are four of us and that is a lot of luggage to be transfering back and forth.

Most folks, if they're flying in the same day as the cruise, do not have too much expendable time to get the airport shuttle to the car rental place, pick up the car, drive up to FLL and go to another rental place, return the car and be transported to the pier. It's not worth the aggravation of shuffling all tha luggage around unless you're going to use that car for several hours, or, better yet, a day.

What about Habib?? :D

Archived