Bayou Cafe Lunch Menu?

bjkTX

I have searched all the usual (and some unusual) places trying to find the lunch menu for the Bayou Cafe and haven't had any luck.

Our extremely active Roll Call group for our 25 Apr 08 Panama Canal cruise on the Coral princess is planning to gather at the Bayou Cafe for a dinner or lunch.

I found the dinner menu for them to look at, but nothing on the lunch. As I understand it the Cafe is open for lunch on sea days (or select sea days).

Does anyone have a copy of the menu??

Thanks for any info.

I have searched all the usual (and some unusual) places trying to find the lunch menu for the Bayou Cafe and haven't had any luck.

Our extremely active Roll Call group for our 25 Apr 08 Panama Canal cruise on the Coral princess is planning to gather at the Bayou Cafe for a dinner or lunch.

I found the dinner menu for them to look at, but nothing on the lunch. As I understand it the Cafe is open for lunch on sea days (or select sea days).

Does anyone have a copy of the menu??

Thanks for any info.

This is the best that I could do via the search function:

The Bayou Cafe is cajun and creole food. Entrees include chicken and chorizo jambalaya, cornmeal fried catfish, or a red pepper butter broiled lobster (an extra $6). Meals are accompanied by dirty rice, fried green tomatoes, slaw and warm Johnny cakes and cheese-topped biscuits. Desserts include sweet potato pie, friend yellow peach pie, buttermilk bread pudding and banana whiskey pound cake with a honey orange glaze. The $10 cover charge includes a Hurricane in the signature wavy glass (although you can ask for a substitute drink). Reservations are recommended. The restaurant has an adjacent lounge where jazz fans would gather after dinner.

We took the 15-day Hawaii cruise on the Island Princess in March and we never once saw lunch being served in the Bayou, just dinner. In fact, we used the very nice Bayou Cafe dance floor for dance practice just about daily and there was nobody around anywhere. The only other people that were there sometimes was a group who played bridge at the tables. We didn't interfere with each other.

It's possible they may serve lunch there during port days, but since we took excursions on those days we wouldn't know.

We were on the Island in May for a quick 3 day reposition up to Alaska and the Bayou was open both sea days. We had lunch there on the second day and it was great...best food on the cruise.

There was no lunch menu, however, it was the same as the dinner menu, so my guess is you've found the right menu already. Hopefully it's the same on the sister ship.

Enjoy the cruise!

This is the best that I could do via the search function:

The Bayou Cafe is cajun and creole food. Entrees include chicken and chorizo jambalaya, cornmeal fried catfish, or a red pepper butter broiled lobster (an extra $6). Meals are accompanied by dirty rice, fried green tomatoes, slaw and warm Johnny cakes and cheese-topped biscuits. Desserts include sweet potato pie, friend yellow peach pie, buttermilk bread pudding and banana whiskey pound cake with a honey orange glaze. The $10 cover charge includes a Hurricane in the signature wavy glass (although you can ask for a substitute drink). Reservations are recommended. The restaurant has an adjacent lounge where jazz fans would gather after dinner.

Oh my that sounds so good. Wish they had The Bayou Cafe on Diamond.

The Bayou Cafe is only on a few of the ships, the Coral and Island for example. Not sure which others it may be on - but it looks like the Emerald has a steak and seafood restaurant instead.

Archived