has ice cream changed

jima53

It's been about 4 years since we were on the Zaandam and now we are trying the Zuiderdam. Has there been any changes to the ice cream. Previously they scooped it out for you. Have they put up a soft serve are or is the good ice cream still there. Its my favorite way to relax.

Jim

Has there been any changes to the ice cream. Previously they scooped it out for you. Have they put up a soft serve are or is the good ice cream still there.
In Dec on the Veendam there were still two real ice cream serving stations with different flavors at each, and free liqueurs to pour on if you wish! :D

I just came home from the Zuiderdam today and I can personally confirm that the ice cream is still there. Hand scooped or soft serve. I would recommend that you not miss the raspberry soft serve in a waffle cone - truly delightful experience while glacier watching!

In Dec on the Veendam there were still two real ice cream serving stations with different flavors at each, and free liqueurs to pour on if you wish! :D

I wonder if they'll let you pour the free liqueurs over 'ice'..........:)

On our Feb/Mar Maasdam cruises - no liquors were put out for our 1st ten day cruise. Then about on day 3 of our second day cruise the liquors were put out about halfway through lunch. Put you could not pour them yourself. The person in charge would only put a dribble or two -- you had to tell him to pour more!!

That's one of my major treats on Maasdam. :)

A small cone with a swirl of soft serve. Love it. :D I never have anything like that at home so I look forward to a few cones when aboard.

Archived