M Class Ships-- CC Aft Stateroom or Penthouse Deck?

NorCalCruiseGuy

Concierge Class Staterooms-

If you had to choose between one of the 12 aft-facing Concerige Class staterooms, or one of the four CC staterooms on the Penthouse Deck that are between the suites, which would you choose and why?

Absolutely the aft!!! Huge balconies with partial overhang for protection. Fabulous views of both sides!!! Which cruise are you considering? If it might involve hurricane activity, a more central ship location might be preferrable to reduce motion.

The aft balconies are 10X20 or 200 sq. ft. We will have one for the first time on the Infinity in 3 weeks.

I guess size does matter. It looks like there is one available for our Infinity sailing in November (FFL to Valparaiso). I'll call my TA now and hope it's still available.

Thank you all very much for your feedback.

This is a picture of the aft balcony in cabin 7208. I got it from someone else's album that I found doing a search. It looks quite nice to me.

You'll enjoy that cabin. We've had it quite a few times on Constellation, Summit, and Infinity.

BTW, I've enjoyed your pictures from your Down Under cruise. We're on Mercury for a B2B in Feb./March, and can't wait to see Australia and New Zealand.

Karyn

Karyn,

We are really looking forward to having this nice of a balcony. We had our first aft balcony a couple months ago on the Grand Princess, but didn't get much use out of it with only one sea day on a 12 day cruise.

I am glad you enjoyed the Down Under review. It is a wonderful place and i am sure you are going to have a wonderful cruise. It should really be nice on the Mercury. We really enjoyed her.

This is a picture of the aft balcony in cabin 7208. I got it from someone else's album that I found doing a search. It looks quite nice to me.

I recognise that view:cool:

Hope you secure the aft cabin. It's a great spot; now more difficult to get hold of after all the posts on these boards! One of the CCs between the suites on six would be my very satisfactory second choice if I couldn't get an aft CC.

Phil

Phil,

It looks like your pics of the Constellation 7208 is very similar to the Summit 7208 pics I found. Thanks for the link to your cabin pics. The more the merrier. I would imagine that my Infinity 7206 cabin pics I take in 2.5 weeks will look very similar. At least I hope so.:)

You will love your cabin. Where are you going? We have even booked another aft for a relatively cool-weather trip (Northern Europe).

The bad news is you will never be able to sail without one again, and you will choose your cruises based on their availability :)

Couple of hints - alway pull your padded lounges up to your door at night so they're not wet in the morning from overnight rain. And remember that people CAN see you when you are at your railing, so behave!

Phil,

It looks like your pics of the Constellation 7208 is very similar to the Summit 7208 pics I found. Thanks for the link to your cabin pics. The more the merrier. I would imagine that my Infinity 7206 cabin pics I take in 2.5 weeks will look very similar. At least I hope so.:)

Mike, at first I thought it was my photo as it had a ship in the background, but when I checked the chairs and loungers were in a different place;) Oh, another tip. Don't be afraid to ask your cabin steward for another lounger if you want one. There's lots of space out there for if you have friends round. Enjoy:cool:

Phil

Phil,

Yes the pics were similar. If it only comes with one lounger, we definitely won't be shy to ask for another. We have friends that are going to be right next to us in 7208. It is unfortunate that we can't open the partition between us and have a nice party back there with our roll call group.

Hi all,

It seems as if the aft cabins are indeed coveted places to be. On our European adventure next year we are considering the Summit in July. We were told that there were 4 cc aft cabins to choose from; 2 on the sky deck(9) and 2 on the panorama deck(8). Are there any drawbacks from one deck to the other or the placement of the room on the same deck. None of the cabins are handicapp accessible, as i checked the deck plan on the cc website. Ideally i would have preferred the lower vista deck but no aft cabin was available. Thoughts?

Thanks,

MG

Hi all,

It seems as if the aft cabins are indeed coveted places to be. On our European adventure next year we are considering the Summit in July. We were told that there were 4 cc aft cabins to choose from; 2 on the sky deck(9) and 2 on the panorama deck(8). Are there any drawbacks from one deck to the other or the placement of the room on the same deck. None of the cabins are handicapp accessible, as i checked the deck plan on the cc website. Ideally i would have preferred the lower vista deck but no aft cabin was available. Thoughts?

Thanks,

MG

We've always been fortunate to have our Aft cabins on Deck 7, but if it wasn't available I'd choose Deck 8, and then Deck 9.

We've had Aft cabins in warm weather destinations (Hawaii, 3 times), and cooler Transatlantics...and we just love them. On our TA next month, we were fortunate so get a corner FV. Great location, wonderful views, and lots of room.

Karyn

Earlier in the thread Mike posted one of my pics of 7208 on Summit, so I thought I'd post the link to the rest of the pics too:

http://homepage.mac.com/janjohnson/PhotoAlbum4.html

We loved this cabin! BTW, Mike, there were two loungers there when we arrived, also two chairs, a large table, and a small table.

But to answer the OP's question, after having afts on 3 cruises, we decided to book one of those 4 side CC cabins on Deck 6 for our 09 Connie cruise. Another CC'er (AuntDebba I think?) was kind enough to show us that cabin when we were on Summit, and we just loved the teak deck and the location!

It was a difficult decision, though, as afts were available and we really have enjoyed them.

Whichever you choose, I know you'll have a great cabin and a fun cruise!

Regards,

Jan

Mike, how great that you have an aft for Alaska! That'll be perfect for seeing all that beautiful scenery and wildlife. Have a wonderful cruise!

nycglitter, thanks for the link to the CC Penthouse deck cabin; just what I was looking for!

Regards,

Jan

Another vote (or 2 if you count my husband) for the aft cabins. We are Mike's next door neighbor he mentioned. This will be our 4th aft cabin. We also have one booked for January 2009 Australia/New Zealand cruise. It really is a shame we can't remove the barrier on this cruise as like Mike said we'd like to have a nice little party back there. So I guess people will have to decide whether they want to be with Mike and Carol or Jim and I. Or we'll just leave our doors propped open and everyone can go back and forth.;)

But from what I've heard from other friends, those Penthouse Deck cabins are a definite second choice.

Kathleen

P.S. Mike - did you know Karynanne is a friend of Andrew's?

Kathleen,

No I didn't know that Karynanne is a friend of Andrew's. Thanks for letting me know.

Karynanne,

Nice to meet you. If you are a friend of Andrew's, you must be a fine person. We are all members of the Andrew fan club. :D He is a hoot!

Archived