Australia ETA

Keith1010

I hope someone can help me with this question.

I just ordered Australia ETA's for my wife and me at the Internet Services Visa For Australia Web Site.

After I compled the application it said my ETA has been approved and I printed out the one page document and it provided the Reference Number and some information such at the ETA Expiration Date.

Interstingly enough no where on the one page form is my name or my wife's name on her ETA nor our passport numbers.

Does all of this sound right?

Keith

Being Australian I'm not familiar with the system (had to google ETA:o ). Is the print out bar coded? If it is all the information might be in the bar code? Just a guess.:)

No the print out is not bar coded. Hopefully, someone from the United States or those coutries that are permitted to do an Austalia ETA can comment.

Keith

Keith - hi! Jeff and Suzanne here - from last year's Seabourn Norwegian cruise! How are you and the wife?

We're on the Statendam sailing out of Auckland on October 21st (14 days; NZ to AUS).

I did the ETA on their website, too. I did it two separate, distinct times with the credit card. Check your credit card bill and see if you were charged for two ETAs.

If they have a "Contact Us" page on their site, send them a note explaining this.

-- Jeff

Keith - hi! Jeff and Suzanne here - from last year's Seabourn Norwegian cruise! How are you and the wife?

We're on the Statendam sailing out of Auckland on October 21st (14 days; NZ to AUS).

I did the ETA on their website, too. I did it two separate, distinct times with the credit card. Check your credit card bill and see if you were charged for two ETAs.

If they have a "Contact Us" page on their site, send them a note explaining this.

-- Jeff

Hi Jeff, glad to hear from you and we are doing great. Your upcoming cruise should be great.

Yes, we did it to seaparte, distrinct times with the credit card and each time I got a sheet that includes the expiration date for ETA (a year from yesterday) and the ETA Reference Number. It just didn't show our name or passport number which really might be fine as I think the ETA is used by say the airline to look up your visa on line.

Did your sheet that you printed off also have the same information without your name on the page?

Keith

Keith - neither our names nor our passport numbers are on the sheet I printed off.

Expiration date, period of stay (3 months), number of entries (multiple), employment conditions (prohibited), cost (AUS$20), and the reference number.

That's it.

I think you can use the reference number and go back into the system and see what that does.

-- Jeff

Jeff, thank you so very much. That's exactly what I needed to know.

I guess I was thrown off at first since the final ETA page just gave us the reference number and the few other items.

As you suggested, I just used the reference number and provided the other information to go back into the system and it showed that it is approved.

Have a wonderful cruise and trip. Please give our best to Suzanne.

Keith

Keith and Jeff,

My ETAs are just as you described. I just figured that since the process is computerized, the numbers on the ETAs are our ID numbers. If you find out differently, let me know. I'll do a bit of sleuthing as well. Good question.

Additional info... Checked the Australian government ETA Web site (where we purchased our ETAs) and they have an FAQ that includes info about how the airline accesses your ETA by checking the online database. So just remember to bring your printed pages with you to show at check-in. Web site is

http://www.eta.immi.gov.au/ and the FAQ is in the left hand column.

As far as i am aware the information you entered should be automatically uploaded to your passport and when they swipe your passport at the airport all the information should be there, the paper you printed off is reference incase something goes wrong. My daughter worked at lax with Qantas last year, she said this is what happened last year. Hope this helps! Best you check your credit card statement to make sure it went though.

Thank you aussi cruiser and Host Sheila for the additional information. I am sure that all is in order. I just thought it was strange that the page I printed out just had a reference number and a few other bits of information, but not my name or my wife's on the one I did for her. But, based on what everyone has said I am sure that is the way they do this.

Thanks again.

Keith

Thank you aussi cruiser and Host Sheila for the additional information. I am sure that all is in order. I just thought it was strange that the page I printed out just had a reference number and a few other bits of information, but not my name or my wife's on the one I did for her. But, based on what everyone has said I am sure that is the way they do this.

Thanks again.

Keith

Yep ours just have reference numbers but I am sure they are linked to our passport info.

• 2 months later...

I was not sure also about my Visa, did it on line and received no answer. I finally found their email address and sent a note explaining that I didn't receive one. They emailed me back and said that it is linked to my USA passport. Time is near for our NZ/AUS and can't wait.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm scheduled to leave on a Princess cruise, Feb. 2, 2008...Sidney to Auckland. I was told by my TA that the cost for my visa was included with the cruise cost and 60 days before departure, the visa is wired to Sidney. We have arranged our own flight (air pacific) and they reminded me that I need a visa. So does this mean that when I check in at the LA airport, my visa # will be in their system? I'm so confused and will probably call Princess if no one has cruised with Princess so they can answer my question. Sounds like everyone that answered got their own visa.

Thanks for any help,

Marie

Our TA told us the cost for an ETA from Princess was $20 pp and not included in the cruise fare. We decided to get our own using the following link. It goes into their system no actual Visa document.

This is where we applied.

http://www.eta.immi.gov.au/index.html

We have a roll call for your cruise date' come join us.

Donna

Donna,

Thanks for the info about the visa...guess I can do the visa on my own, too, since final payment isn't due till next week. I'll have to decide what's easier. I will join your roll call...probably tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know as I haven't checked that far. We will be flying into Sidney on the 29th....staying for four nights before the cruise. Don't answer back on this thread...I'll go to roll call in the am.

Marie

• 2 weeks later...
Donna,

Thanks for the info about the visa...guess I can do the visa on my own, too, since final payment isn't due till next week. I'll have to decide what's easier. I will join your roll call...probably tomorrow. Thanks for letting me know as I haven't checked that far. We will be flying into Sidney on the 29th....staying for four nights before the cruise. Don't answer back on this thread...I'll go to roll call in the am.

Marie

We took the Syd to LA cruise on Princess last April and the ETA is arranged by Princess and will be billed to your account. If you apply for an ETA yourself make sure you tell Princess to remove it from your account. I did call Princess about a month before the cruise to confirm our ETA.

We cruised from Auckland, NZ to Sydney, Aust. on the Statendam last Nov/Dec. and the ETA was arranged for us through our TA. We had no worries about it all except for my unnecessary worrying. If there was a cost, our TA took care of it.

for our upcoming sapphire cruise to OZ, we had a letter from Princess Uk explicity saying we had to arrange our own ETA in advance of the cruise

I should have mentioned in my posting that the ETA arranged by Princess was for North Americans only.

Mike

Keith1010, so glad you are going to Aust/NZ after having to cancel the Mercury 1/20 cruise. I see your handle every day when I visit the roll call.

My TA did our ETA sand printed them out for us--no charge for TAs, so no charge for us. :D

Our printouts show:

WINDOW 1

GIVEN NAME

PASSPORT

DATE OF BIRTH

TYPE OF TRAVEL

ENTRY STATUS

WINDOW 2

Repeat all of the above, plus

NATIONALITY

SEX

COUNTRY OF BIRTH

EXPIRY DATE (passport)

The info is in the computer, so it will probably be OK. I just feel better having the printouts in my possession.

Those of you who haven't done yours yet, ask your TA to do it--free!

Kathie, thank you so very much for the information.

We ended up changing plans and will be visiting Australia and many other places on a different cruise line. I hope that you cruise is wonderful and look forward to hearing about it.

Keith

Archived