EXTENDED STAY or LA QUINTA FLL

Michael Kays

They're both fine hotels. If they're the same price and it's your first time to Ft Lauderdale go with the ESA. You'll be closer to the beach, the intracoastal and the port. If it's just a bed for the night with no time for exploring the area then the LaQuinta would be a better choice (free transportation from the airport and to the cruiseport and free breakfast).

We will be departing the Extended stay two days before you get there.

I booked the Extended Stay on Bequia's advice. IT was also based on the proximity of the grocery & Liquor stores.

Proximity to the water taxi , and other restaurants was also a plus.

Well Mike, It's up to you. They're both decent properties in a safe location. Ones five minutes to the port the other is 15 minutes, no big deal. Are you cruising the next day?

I've booked LaQuinta in November. For $129 (for 2 people) there is a special I read about (call to get it) that includes transport from FLL to Hotel, One nite stay, Free breakfast, and shuttle to Port of Miami. Sounded good to me....I hope its nice!

We have res. for Extended Stay Jan. 11th. I heard that because of the type of hotel that it is ~ extended stays ~ that if they are full, they will move you to their other location. Does anyone know if this is true? thanks

I've heard the same, makes sense.

Many of you know earlier in the summer, I was asking on what hotel to stay at for one night before my Freedom cruise. I chose the Sleep Inn and Suites, because it had the suites with 2 queens and a sleeper sofa. Today, I just came across the La Quinta Inn and Suites. They offer two regular beds in a room. So I could get 3 rooms, (1 for 4 women, 1 for 3 men, and 1 for 4 children). I am thinking that will be much for private, and gives us more room. The sleep inn, we would have 5 in one room and 6 in the other, which I dont mind for one night, but if we can get 3 rooms for the same price or cheaper at the la quintam, should my group do that????

Thanks

We have res. for Extended Stay Jan. 11th. I heard that because of the type of hotel that it is ~ extended stays ~ that if they are full, they will move you to their other location. Does anyone know if this is true? thanks

I have reservations there in April. WHERE is the OTHER location?!?! I'm not real happy to hear that! They certainly didn't mention that when I called! Is the other location as convenient to shopping, restaurants and to the port?

I have reservations there in April. WHERE is the OTHER location?!?! I'm not real happy to hear that! They certainly didn't mention that when I called! Is the other location as convenient to shopping, restaurants and to the port?

I was just on there webiste, browsing for rates. They have 4 Extended Stay America's in the FLL area.

1. 1200 F.A.U. Research Park Blvd. Deerfield Beach FL, 33441

2. 1450 SE 17th Street Cswy. Fort Lauderdale FL, 33316

3. 5851 N. Andrews Ave. Ext. Fort Lauderdale FL, 33309

4. 7755 SW 6th St. Fort Lauderdale FL, 33324

They also have 2 Extended Stay Deluxe Properties, 1 Crossland Studios, and 2 Homestead Studio Suites. My guess is if they do transfer you, it will be to any of the other 3 extended stay america properties.

Archived